Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TRASH CAN issue - Bug or Feature?

Now I keep seeing this thing happening to my trash cans, there appears a pile of around the outside of it and hanging out the top, i can’t click it or move it. As of now the only way i have found to get rid of it is to buy a new can. I’m not sure whether it’s a new feature because of Eco Lifestyle, either way, how do it get rid of it because it gives my sims an uncomfortable moodlet saying ‘dirty surroundings’
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think it means the trash can is overflowing. If so, dig in it or empty it.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

It’s an outdoor trash can though. I can’t click on it at all

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Are you talking about a decor trash can or about the new 2 square trash can that came in EL?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    If you can't empty it, the can is bugged. I found that happen with the smaller outdoor cans. Turn off the eco-living gameplay effects and that will help. Also to fix the original bugged can, delete and buy new.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member

Are you talking about a decor trash can or about the new 2 square trash can that came in EL?
    If you can't empty it, the can is bugged. I found that happen with the smaller outdoor cans. Turn off the eco-living gameplay effects and that will help. Also to fix the original bugged can, delete and buy new.

I don’t have Eco Living though... it’s the base game outdoor trash can that you empty inside trash cans into. The only way I have found to get rid of it is to delete and buy a new one, like you said. It’s just really annoying to have to keep rebuying one. It happens with every trash can, every time I buy one.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    My trash can does this too, and I don't own Eco Lifestyle either. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited June 2020
    It's a feature but you need the lot trait from EL to actually use it or do anything about it other than deleting the bin and buying a new one.

There's a bug report for it over on their bug reports forum, here's the link so you can add your "me too":
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-External-Garbage-Cans-filling-up-without-needed-lot-Trait/m-p/9170182/highlight/true#M133270

Even with EL installed, it's ONLY supposed to happen if you apply the lot trait to make it happen, but it happens to all lots, with or without the trait, and the other way to fix it is to add the trait, or buy a new bin. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79