Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS5 threads useful ?

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes

How many comments are written by the same persons ?

If you want to believe one thing you are going to turn things around just to prove that you're right and that's human. I just know what i told you and I know the top comments have 3k-4k likes sometimes. You take that information and do what you want with it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,229 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    @SimmerGeorge

Sorry I don't find your example.
    Note it's easy to create several YouTube accounts (just by creating new channels).

Eco Lifestyle trailer (The less popular trailer)
    The Sims
    Welcome to Evergreen Harbor! 🏘️ Join your fellow collaborative makers and sustainability activists in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle, coming to PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on June 5, 2020! https://x.ea.com/63112

4,2 k thumb up

arcamike
    but Sims are pretty eco actually, they don't even use cars

4,6 k thumb up

Yes
    @SimmerGeorge

Note it's easy to create several YouTube accounts (just by creating new channels).

The Sims
    Welcome to Evergreen Harbor! 🏘️ Join your fellow collaborative makers and sustainability activists in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle, coming to PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on June 5, 2020! https://x.ea.com/63112

4,2 k thumb up

arcamike

4,6 k thumb up

Just look away from The official Sims site and channels though
    edited June 2020
    No
    @SimmerGeorge

The Sims

4,2 k thumb up

arcamike

4,6 k thumb up

Discover University, Island Living, ... sorry "top comments have 3k-4k likes" not found.

You can tell whatever you want, The Sims 4 is one of the first source of revenue with Apex Legends, FIFA and Star Wars.
    Yes

Discover University, Island Living, ... sorry "top comments have 3k-4k likes" not found.

You can tell whatever you want, The Sims 4 is one of the first source of revenue with Apex Legends, FIFA and Star Wars.[/quote]

Like I said I can look for a ton of videos for you let's not be in denial, even the fact that there is a whole thread with complaints about the new pack is a bad sign.
    Still there are tons of people on YouTube ready for a new game and just going to the official trailers of packs and threads on forums won't show that. I'm not here to prove anything to you, the proof is in-front of your eyes even if you choose not to see it.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    No but I like to talk about The Sims 5
    I like to speculate but there's way too many threads about it
    edited June 2020
    No
    @KaeChan2089

A lot of people but not enough yet, 10 or 100 times more of players still like The Sims 4.

Of course that doesn't mean EA should ignore them, I really hope The Sims 5 will be enough good to make everybody happy.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    Huh I took the question as are sims 5 threads useful to me. I don’t care people want to discuss Sims 5. Have at it.

It is just not useful to me because I have no faith it will be any better than Sims4. I hope I will be proven wrong. This doesn’t mean that I wish people would stop talking about it.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    No but I like to talk about The Sims 5
    pretty sure that in the history of the sims there has not been a fair representation of community in a single thread and with each series there has always been unhappy folks. each series had good points and bad points ....the sims 3 honestly didn't function well for many folks ..sims 4 seems to be a bit better in that department but you are never going to have a situation where folks are in a majority agreement based on one thread in the sims community....good thing is that sims 5 will come when it is ready....threads like this offers valuable feed back.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Don't understand why people are making a big deal.
    It's simple, just don't click threads that are TS5 related...
    You act like we aren't allowed to talk about it.
    Or acting like it's some sort of horrible act to create threads or talk about it.
    edited June 2020
    No
    It's simple, just don't post threads in TS4 categories.
    You act like we didn't allow you to talk about it.

People talk about TS3 in TS3 categories
    People talk about TS2 in TS2 categories
    People talk about TS1 in TS1 categories

Don't understand why it's so hard to respect something that simple.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes

But the thing is just that...if anyone makes a TS5 thread people get mad most of the time.

• robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    No
    Until The Sims 5 has an official announcement, all of these threads are purely speculation.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other choice

This, I'm totally okay with people talking about it, but please do so in the correct place.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes

That's why I would like a TS5 section created already. The forum mods are going to have to create one sooner or later anyway.

[Removed quoted post ~Rtas]

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    edited June 2020
    No
    That's why I would like a TS5 section created already. The forum mods are going to have to create one sooner or later anyway.

Actually The Sims Franchise seems to fit, some TS5 threads are already there. It's above the TS4 categories
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-franchise-discussion

"The place to talk about the various generations of The Sims"
    TS5 threads are often about the best features of TS3 and the mistakes of TS4.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2020
    Were any speculation threads about sims 4, 3, or 2 useful? People have always talked about what their hoping the next sims game will be like and what they want to see in them. Plus sims 4 is 6 years old, its past the usually production length of the other sims games so it not to surprising that people are now talking about the next game. Also seeing that sims 5 might possibly be on the ps5 is another reason why people have suddenly started talking about it. But in some ways I think it can be useful cause it will show ea what brand new ideas players are expecting. They can use speculation threads as inspiration and improvement.
    giphy.gif

edited June 2020
    Yes

Actually The Sims Franchise seems to fit, some TS5 threads are already there. It's above the TS4 categories

I don't think that fits though because it's too general. A specific TS5 section would be more appropriate because we're now talking more about what needs to be added to it that hasn't been in previous iterations.

• Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    No
    No they are not useful considering that if we see a Sims 5, as soon as it hits the stores we'll see the forums fill up with the "this game sucks, when will Sims 6 come out" threads.
    edited June 2020
    No

I don't think that fits though because it's too general. A specific TS5 section would be more appropriate because we're now talking more about what needs to be added to it that hasn't been in previous iterations.

Create TS5 section isn't possible as long as the game isn't officially announced.
    Other choice

It's general, but it fits a lot better than Sims 4 does. Posting in Sims 4 makes as much sense as flooding Sims 1,2, or 3 forums with Sims 5 posts. It's a diff game. Sims Franchise at least is for ALL the games in the Franchise and will, at some point, include Sims 5 (I assume anyways).

A specific Sims 5 forum would be ideal, but there isn't one, and there's no way they are going to make one until the game is officially announced at least, because of they did, that would pretty much confirm the game is coming before they want to confirm that.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
    No
    Wow it didn't take long for another division between Simmers and 5 isn't even out yet.

And just to repeat myself: I said no because not useful to me, myself & I.

I have no problem with simmers "speculating" about how the next game will be. Life is too short to fall out over a game no matter what.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Yes

Create TS5 section isn't possible as long as the game isn't officially announced.

Well then you're going to have to put up with all of these TS5 threads, okay?

Yes

It's general, but it fits a lot better than Sims 4 does. Posting in Sims 4 makes as much sense as flooding Sims 1,2, or 3 forums with Sims 5 posts. It's a diff game. Sims Franchise at least is for ALL the games in the Franchise and will, at some point, include Sims 5 (I assume anyways).

A specific Sims 5 forum would be ideal, but there isn't one, and there's no way they are going to make one until the game is officially announced at least, because of they did, that would pretty much confirm the game is coming before they want to confirm that.

I think you'll have to put up with these TS5 threads then here in TS4 section. I think the mods are keeping them here to gauge the ever growing unrest and wanting to move on to TS5.

For the TS4 simmers who don't like them, just don't click on them anymore.

Other choice

I think you'll have to put up with these TS5 threads then here in TS4 section. I think the mods are keeping them here to gauge the ever growing unrest and wanting to move on to TS5.

For the TS4 simmers who don't like them, just don't click on them anymore.

I personally think the mods are fairly capable of monitoring Sims 5 threads that are in the correct forum just as well... can they not read all the boards?

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top