Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I also don't ditch my spares and their families. All get moved with my active household when I move to a fresh save (Porter is a blessing!). Although it's been quite some time, I have played saves that have gone nearly 20 generations without ditching a single family member. The population has never got to the point where it was an issue but the branches on my family tree were very tangled :D Thankfully sims don't see blood beyond first cousins so finding partners was still possible.

Thanks for sharing your family :) I hope you are able to revive your Selfacy :)
  • Options
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm back and I see there are so many adorable families and interesting households posted here :heart: I hope we get more updates on them in the future :blush:

@Mikezumi I checked out the genetics mod that you mentioned, and I think I'll have to try it out in the next save I'm planning, it looks way too good and interesting :kiss:

And now, I didn't came empty handed, I'm finally back with screenshots of the household I'm focusing on right now, it really took me longer than expected because I was in the middle of setting Aurora Skies to move the family there and the fact that I had to restart the process three times did not help at all :lol: (nor did the fact that during packing the main family I kept forgetting the heir :joy: ). I'm playing a sort of Random Town Jump thing with this family, although I'm not exactly following the rules... just the random town move, everything else is just generational play and everything that can be done in the game is... well, fair game :blush: . For those interested I first posted about this household in the old thread here, here, here and here. Honestly I feel like a recap it's needed but... the family has been already moved from Bridgeport to Twinbrook to Dragon Valley and... it'll be an info dump at this point :sweat_smile:

Anyway, here you have the Hemlock household (formerly known as the Rake household).
    First we have Draven Knack (Son of Julienne Knack and Nick Zit)
    PfF7xRQ.jpg
    The poor thing is still mourning the departure of Rimon Hemlock :cry:
    sBDItBP.png
    They had a relly weird relationship, first a couple back in Twinbrook during their teen days, then after a Story Progression cheating and a memory wipe because their move to Dragon Valley they were set to strangers. In the new town Rimon started her life together with Ted Sargeant (son of Bobby and Scout Sargeant) and had two children. Vritra and Trine Hemlock.
    Vitra got married to Dvoire Dolan (daughter of Sarah and Finn Dolan) and had a child named Noelle, she is still a toddler :blush: .
    1KKj3kc.jpg
    Trine on her part, hadn't had any luck in love, so is still very single.
    vDFttYG.jpg
    She befriended this gentleman, Hugh Grey, so I decided to move him in and bring him with them to Aurora Skies. I'm hoping something sparks between them with the change of scenery :blush: .
    r0LJiig.jpg

Continuing with Draven and Rimon weird relationship story, after a divorce and what felt like a lifetime, they got back together again (but not really) and they had Sesha Hemlock, the sad part about them is that, they were in love but were only romantic interest, so as soon as Rimon became the Empress of Evil Draven started hating on her :confused: then after searching everyday for a Potent Friendship Elixir and fixing their relationship, Draven wished to start dating Rimon for real... but she passed away before that could happen :bawling: and on Sesha's young adult birthday no less... (I feel like she planned it somehow, especially because she was the one who organized the party and died right before it started :unamused: )

Anyway, Sesha Hemlock is my heir, and he is dating Shemei Delaney (daughter of Emma Delaney and Breandan O'Shea)
    SoWZgnW.jpg

And finally, this is what Romeo's family tree looks like :blush: (I'm planning on making a better one in the future but for now the in game one should suffice :kissing: )
    eaZKh1y.png
    It bothers me that both Louie and Paulie didn't have any children of their own and Troy's bloodline ended with them :disappointed: on the other hand, why, oh, why the alien side of the family it's thriving with Shelby and none of the boys?! she keeps popping babies :scream:
    Post edited by lowpolygal on
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Ziristha I am sure you will love the mod when you do try it! :)
    Loved seeing your family tree and various family members :) Your heir is very handsome! <3
    When I have seen different branches of my family about to die out I have stepped in and given the sims a little extra time to live and made them have babies! :D I haven't had to in this family ... yet!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    New baby in the house! :) Now that Leo has joined the family I need to get on to finalizing prep of a clean world so I can Porter the family before I get too carried away and the save gets too slow to play.
    50044890698_3463e5c202_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    There's been a few birthdays - not all are obvious because they were from YA to adult - and a couple additional kids born :) There have also been two deaths since my last family tree capture. Jed and his husband died within a day of each other.
    I wanted to take a current family tree shot because I am about to Porter my family to a fresh copy of SV before I get too far into this generation.
    50048947922_07e6d02fe7_o.jpg
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I don't want to spoil my stories, so I will not give any sim names. Just a short description. I currently have 3 saves going right now, plus one that was for testing.

A married couple, a related son, a alien daughter, and a adopted daughter, plus a vampire sibling of one of the couples, plus two dogs (a spaniel and a poodle)
    A unmarried (not yet anyway unless I forgot) couple with three dogs (Labradinger, Golden Retriever, and a Yorkie)
    A young princess with an evil stepmother.

Check out my blog linked in my signature and on my profile. I will make a family tree when I get my story caught up.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    My current is still just my SS,am starting as usual in my tiny box house with 5k money.No woman wants a poor sim 😭

But will one day become Mayor and show them all.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Given how many babies your SS has had over the years, he must have something money can't buy! :D
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @Mikezumi Thank you! If I'm being honest, way before I moved the family to Dragon Valley, I have already decided for a child from Draven and Rimon to be the heir but Vritra actually made me doubt my decision, not only I like him a lot but his wife too, that's why I'm keeping him and his family in the main house until it's not longer doable :heart:

I too like to intervene when I notice townies not having any babies but I only do that when it's a sim with genes I'm curious about and when I notice they are getting older and no babies in sight. As for the family branches, I usually don't have any problems and they have at least one kid... this time with Louie and Paulie what I guess happened was that I totally forgot to pay attention to them, I don't remember receiving any news of their romantic life and since I was more entertained with my sims and the main branch, they totally went unnoticed and I only realized they were old, childless and single after I saw the family tree when I was packing them all :disappointed: . If they get into a relationship I might give them an instant baby but they have like a week or less to find a partner :cold_sweat:

Leo looks really adorable, I like how he has a big forehead and mean eyebrows :lol: by the way, when you move them to the fresh save, If I understand correctly, you move them to the same town right? so, do you keep the original townies in their fresh state or do you use different sims? I'm curious about how do you go about getting spouses :hushed:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    @Ziristha It is easy to overlook extended family when the family starts getting bigger. I hope your childless sims can find love in time!
    Leo won't be as good looking as his brother but he won't be bad either :D I like bushy eyebrows on my sim toddlers and kids - it's something I have done for the longest time.
    I do move my sims to a fresh copy of the same town. This is my second move and there will be new sims added to the town but the first move was just the original townies again because there were no romantic connections between my sim family and the townies. Now that some of the extended family have married into the townie families, I will need fresh blood.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Mikezumi Leo and Lou are adorable! They do grow fast!
    Roberto is hot-headed. It's funny how they grumble whenever you force them to stop what they're doing or give them an action, cancel in the middle and give another.
  • Options
    @thuggishsplicer Thanks :) I am not playing a very long lifespan so they really do grow fast!
    I have never played a hot headed sim before but I do love the way that grumpy sims make faces all the time :)
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Mikezumi I think Beto is well behaved for a hot-headed sim. They tend to yell at others quite easily.
    I fear he would add some drama to your households. It's interesting how evil sims aren't a big trouble.
  • Options
    There has been another death (Jade, 2nd generation spare), and several birthdays. I had been waiting for Jayden's youngest daughter, Nicola, to age up to YA so I could do a composite pic of his family.
    50053353696_61c4038c37_o.jpg

50053632977_9077a29da5_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jody, sister of Joey (heir) had a teen son and I thought she must have been finished with having babies because my sims rarely leave it that long but I was wrong. Yesterday I got a popup that she was pregnant and she had twin girls while I was playing tonight!
    50053529133_8376d7cf59_o.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Sadly, The Molyneux Save is no more, so my current familiy are:
    Dennis Oakley, founder
    Iris Oakley, founder
    Bede Oakley, baby. Bede is the first Generation 1 child born.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    @Sleepstar That's sad about your Molyneux save :( Have fun with the Oakleys and share pics if you like :)
  • Options
    The boys finally had a daughter! Opal will be a spare but I didn't want the house to be completely filled with males! :D
    50056829716_c91b76377b_o.jpg
  • Options
    With all the new kids in the fourth generation, I now need to scroll through the family tree! There have also been a few birthdays :)
    50057072958_ec8e793089_o.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm starting over but I'm considering making parents for one of the two sims I originally started sims 3 with. I'm torn between doing that to see whose genetics pass to Carson's(or Annabeth's) kids and just starting a save with only Carson or Annabeth.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top