Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If there is a 'The Sims 5' what year should it be announced, and what year should it be released?

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    Announcement 2021 release 2023.
    Well The Sims 3 ambitions came with full out laundry and solar panels, windmills and some eco stuff. (so it had all the gameplay aspects of laundry day and part of Eco Lifestyle though not fleshed out)
    Apart from the proffesions it came with which included active jobs like firefighters and doctors, investigators even stylists, interior designers and tatoo artists it had stuff we would normally get in an extra pack as well. All of it very fleshed out with tons of tasks for each job.
    Not to talk about the amount of new lot types (consignment stores, fire stations, junkyards etc.) and traits, skills and aspirations and you name it. You can just google and compare the features, no review or "influence" needed.
    Other extras:
    Simbots, earthquakes, child bake sales, trampolines, meteors, time-machine, bombing, self-employment (ex. inventors) etc.

Not saying that one will enjoy this pack more than packs in the Sims 4 but I'm just comparing the two with facts and hoping The Sims 5 will have similar amount of content in 40€ packs.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well The Sims 3 ambitions came with full out laundry and solar panels, windmills and some eco stuff. (so it had all the gameplay aspects of laundry day and part of Eco Lifestyle though not fleshed)
    Apart from the proffesions it came with which included active jobs like firefighters and doctors, investigators even stylists and tatoo artists it had stuff we would normally get in an extra pack as well.
    Not to talk about the amount of new lot types and traits, skills and aspirations and you name it. You can just google and compare the features, no review or "influence" needed.

I believe you. I'm aware that there are a lot of these things available in TS3. I've played it extensively.
    But you also mentioned 'though not fleshed'. That's where TS4 has taken a different approach and fleshed out some of these aspects. Did that work? For some folks yes. For some folks no. For a lot of people more desirable gameplay has been sacrificed by these so called 'fleshed out' features.

I personally agree that there is plenty of gameplay still missing in TS4 that was available in TS3. I would like cars. I would like houseboats. I would like dive lots. I would like foggy swamps.I would like more subtle things like Slow dance, Canes, Strollers, the autonomous bed snuggling lover sims did in TS3 when they are asleep. Little details like that are beautiful in a game. I've seen a TS2 showcase of in-game animations that are simply incredible. Would love to see some of those in TS4.
    Above all I would love CAW, because I'm a world builder. A feature that didn't even make it past Beta release.

But the mechanics of both games are very different. They both work with different systems. They both have a different business model.

For example stuff packs in TS3 are $20 and there are no game play objects. Just Build/Buy and CAS. TS3 Store Worlds or premium gameplay objects are incredibly expensive when bundles are not available.

TS4 offers stuff packs that are $10 which includes some Build/Buy and CAS, but the theme is based on at least 2 gameplay objects and in some cases, even an additional gameplay system. Packs from $20 and up also have more frequent sales than any of the TS3 content ever had. Where I live, there was only one big 70% off sale on TS3 content in a year and that was Black Friday.

I prefer TS4's business model. It's no more 'money grabbing' than the TS3 model. Some people believe it is, but that's only because they are discontent with TS4's core engine. Which I can understand.

Regarding the reviews, my comment was also directed towards some previous comments within this thread, which I didn't clarify. :#
    edited June 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 The not fleshed out part is only about the Eco stuff.
    With the Sims 3 you would get a fully fleshed out pack (even more in-depth than any of The Sims 4 packs see Ambitions) and you would also get the content of other packs that you have to pay for seperately in The Sims 4 as extras on the same pack in The Sims 3.

By Sims 4 standards Sims 3 packs were almost worth 2 Sims 4 packs
    By Sims 3 standards the Sims 4 packs only contain half the content a Sims 3 pack would.
    The price stays the same though at 40€ which is the biggest issue here!

I never said the Sims 3 packs were not fleshed out. They were even more in-depth and provided extras too unlike The Sims 4.
    About stuff packs: Dont' be fooled The Sims 3 Stuff packs came with tons of new objects and CAS items as well as new gameplay items (ex. vibrating bed, aquariums, hot tubs) and at times you would also get new traits like the Fast and Lane Stuff.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I was unaware sims 3 had windmills, and solar panels .I look it up apparently they are free by the store.If you have your game register.They can also reduce your bills.
    edited June 2020
    I never said the Sims 3 packs were not fleshed out.

I can't recall claiming that you said that. If something in my comment suggested that, I do apologize for the misunderstanding. :)

What I do mean to say is that some content available in TS3 packs is more fleshed out in TS4. Vampires. Celebrities. Spell Casters. Parenting. I'm not saying 'better' I'm saying more fleshed out, in that each of these have been given an additional system that TS3 doesn't have. The resources that would have been used on something else in TS3, would have been used on these systems in TS4.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the amount of good and fleshed out content available in TS3, but before we can draw an honest and accurate conclusion about content vs retail price of both games, we will need to identify and compare each gameplay system, each Build/Buy and debug object, each CAS item, each world, in short, every piece of content available for each game.

I have a mind to do that, because I'm a nutcase, but until then there is no way to actually know which one is the better deal, even if we think we know. All we have at the moment is personal preference.

edited June 2020
    I never said the Sims 3 packs were not fleshed out.

I can't recall claiming that you said that. If something in my comment suggested that, I do apologize for the misunderstanding. :)

What I do mean to say is that some content available in TS3 packs is more fleshed out in TS4. Vampires. Celebrities. Spell Casters. Parenting. I'm not saying 'better' I'm saying more fleshed out, in that each of these have been given an additional system that TS3 doesn't have. The resources that would have been used on something else in TS3, would have been used on these systems in TS4.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the amount of good and fleshed out content available in TS3, but before we can draw an honest and accurate conclusion about content vs retail price of both games, we will need to identify and compare each gameplay system, each Build/Buy and debug object, each CAS item, each world, in short, every piece of content available for each game.

I have a mind to do that, because I'm a nutcase, but until then there is no way to actually know which one is the better deal, even if we think we know. All we have at the moment is personal preference.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 If the Sims 4 wants to include less features in their packs but more fleshed out then they actually have to go way beyond for them to cost 40$. There is no personal opinion or prefrence here. I have already and can again try to explain to you that the features coming in the Sims 3 were already as fleshed out as The Sims 4 ones or there was a higher priority in putting more content in a pack leading to some features like vampires not being as in-depth but still worth the price considering all the other stuff you get.

The number of features in way higher in Sims 3 packs but 'cause quantity isn't as important as quality you can still check out single features from each pack and see that they are very detailed and expansive as well. Sims 3 has more quantity and more quality and I am being fully objective. This is something you can see for yourself in the packs themselves with the only exceptions being the ones you mentioned (vampires, spellcasters etc.)

In The Sims 4 some features are supposed to be more in-depth but that has rarely happened in a way that justifies the 40 or 20 dollars (vampires is a good one, Eco Lifestyle is not since the eco footprint is more inlfluenced by the wallpapers and windows than the actual actions of the sims. Maybe the team was too lazy to go more in-depth with a more complex system idk)

However if you want a certain feature in your game and you don't care about it not being as detailed as it could then the money is worth it to you. Objectively though I think I have already shown you how The Sims 3 packs win in quality and quantity.
    edited June 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 If the Sims 4 wants to include less features in their packs but more fleshed out then they actually have to go way beyond for them to cost 40$. There is no personal opinion or prefrence here. I have already and can again try to explain to you that the features coming in the Sims 3 were already as fleshed out as The Sims 4 ones or there was a higher priority in putting more content in a pack leading to some features like vampires not being as in-depth but still worth the price considering all the other stuff you get.

"Still Worth the Price" is subjective. According to YOU it's still worth the price.
    The number of features in way higher in Sims 3 packs but 'cause quantity isn't as important as quality you can still check out single features from each pack and see that they are very detailed and expansive as well. Sims 3 has more quantity and more quality and I am being fully objective. This is something you can see for yourself in the packs themselves with the only exceptions being the ones you mentioned (vampires, spellcasters etc.)

In The Sims 4 some features are supposed to be more in-depth but that has rarely happened in a way that justifies the 40 or 20 dollars (vampires is a good one, Eco Lifestyle is not since the eco footprint is more inlfluenced by the wallpapers and windows than the actual actions of the sims. Maybe the team was too lazy to go more in-depth with a more complex system idk)

I have a very analytical mind and, depending on the subject matter, I don't like to draw conclusions based on what other people tell me. I can have a hunch, but I don't have proof.
    I need to do extensive research in order to see and understand whether Content Quantity vs. Price between two games in all regards is balanced or not.
    It's the counting of quantity of systems and objects and so on. After that, it's comparing the numbers and drawing the conclusion.

However, Preference v.s Price is an entirely different thing. All I can do is conduct a survey and see how many people believe they got worth for their money. Are you going to tell me the answer? I have a feeling that you would like to tell me that most people don't think a lot of TS4 content is worth their money. But are you actually going to find every sim player in the world and knock on their door and ask them in person if they think their TS4 content was worth their money? There are many many quiet simmers out there, who are very happy playing their new game of TS4 and have no need to share their content or discontent on social media.

At the moment, EA has numbers in sales. I also sense that number looks quite good to them. But without seeing those numbers no one can tell if TS4 is a "hit" or not.
    However if you want a certain feature in your game and you don't care about it not being as detailed as it could then the money is worth it to you. Objectively though I think I have already shown you how The Sims 3 packs win in quality and quantity.

Subjectively speaking you have shown me how The Sims 3 packs win in quality and quantity.

edited June 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I have not stated anything I cannot prove which is the definition of objectivity.

In fact I did that with The Sims 3 Ambitions earlier. I don't think there is a Sims 4 pack that offers the quantity and quality in features that Ambitions offered. The numbers don't add up but also the attention to detail and the in-depth thing which is supposed to be Sims 4's strong point. These are not things I am making up, these are observable.
    edited June 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I have not stated anything I cannot prove which is the definition of objectivity.

In fact I did that with The Sims 3 Ambitions earlier. I don't think there is a Sims 4 pack that offers the quantity and quality in features that Ambitions offered. The numbers don't add up but also the attention to detail and the in-depth thing which is supposed to be Sims 4's strong point. These are not things I am making up, these are observable.

But you did not prove anything. You made assumptions. You made assumptions based on your observations. You use assumptions in your sentences:

"I don't think there is a Sims 4 pack that offers the quantity and quality in features that Ambitions offered."

It may be true. But it's not proof.

And what numbers do not add up? Where do you take those numbers from? Have you counted each and every aspect? Have you actually compared all content between the two games, accurately counted everything that the games have to offer?

Did you enter everything in an excel sheet? Can you present it to the community? We need a clear overview of every aspect before we can draw a conclusion between the content quantity of each game.
    You can't do that in a blink of an eye. Or in an evening. Unless you contact EA and ask them to provide you with the numbers of game content of each pack of each game. I'm sure they have the numbers.

And remember 'quality' is another part of the research. It's that survey.
    That Excel sheet is going to be pretty substantial...It doesn't fit in a comments section. Unless you include a link to your findings.

Just be aware that I'm not expressing my personal preference. I'm trying to regard things from an objective point of view.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Dude you're unbelievable, just go on wikia and compare the features. It's all out there and yeah I am being fully objective when I can tell you all the things Ambitions had, there is no comparison to the Sims 4, you don't need to be a scientist. If you've played the game you know what comes with it.
    edited June 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Dude you're unbelievable, just go on wikia and compare the features. It's all out there and yeah I am being fully objective when I can tell you all the things Ambitions had, there is no comparison to the Sims 4, you don't need to be a scientist. If you've played the game you know what comes with it.

Haha! If there is no comparison between two games there's no proof that one game has more content than the other.

Could you please provide me with a link to a COMPLETE comparison between the content of TS3 and TS4 so I have an overview of both games? Don't link me to the Sims Wiki. It's a good starting point for any potential research. But you really do need to conduct a proper research in order to support your claim, scientist or not.
    You are drawing conclusions based on the assumption that TS3 has more quality and content than TS4.
    I can't take your word as 'fact' Until I see a conclusion based on a comparison of quantity, and an extensive survey report.

I played both games. I know what comes with them. I can make my own personal comparison. and draw my own personal conclusions.
    That's not objective. I will need to write a proper dissertation to get an objective overview. And that will be outdated pretty fast, until TS4 stops producing content.

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited June 2020
    Announcement 2019, Release 2020.
    Who says EA hasn't started on Sims 5 the minute Sims 4 base game shipped out? Sims 5 could be complete and ready to ship out early next year.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    edited June 2020
    Who says EA hasn't started on Sims 5 the minute Sims 4 base game shipped out? Sims 5 could be complete and ready to ship out early next year.

Not so sure about that timeframe. It usually depends on the sales of the new release. It may take awhile before a company sees profit from that release. If it’s going well financially, then pre- development of a successor can start.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

They said in the beginning if sims 4 doesn't sell well.They will be no 5.

They said in the beginning if sims 4 doesn't sell well.They will be no 5.

Yeah but weren't sales at 5 million already in 2016? It's been four years since then. This is why I could be thinking the game will be announced in 2021 and released about over a year later. Nobody knows for sure but it's just what's the most logical.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2020
    Announcement 2020 release 2021.
    They really should be gearing up for the Sims 5 now, or they may find themselves going head to head with new competition at launch if they stretch The Sims 4 out for another 2 or 3 years. We have Paralives being developed, for which I don't have much confidence, and Pardox Interactive's new game studio.

Paradox Interactive is now up to something because they have Rod Humble (The Sims 2 and 3) heading up a new games studio called Paradox Tectonic. They won't say what the new game is that they are working on, but in an interview they had discussing the new studio and introducing people to Rod Humble, The Sims was mentioned many times. He may or may not be working on a game competitive with the sims, but it has me really interested.

I am throwing more money at Pardox Interactive.
    I have Cities Skylines. I just downloaded Crusader Kings 2 for free, because I am interested in buying Crusader Kings 3 when it comes out this fall, so I can give CK2 a try in order to familiarize myself with the game play.

Crusader Kings is a strategy game that kind of has a tiny bit of a Sims vibe to it because it focuses on Characters instead of just kingdoms. It's what the Sims Medieval was missing because the lack of creating a family dynasty like simmers would play in Royal Kingdom Challenges. EA totally missed the boat with The Sims Medieval, IMO.

So whatever Rod Humble is working on, I have a feeling that I may be buying it if it is related to the life simulation genre in any way.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GJGAMESGJGAMES Posts: 45 Member
    i would love it when the anounce it this year and release it next year but that is offcourse not realistic at all. so lets say next year we hopefully get rid of the corono virussies so if the anounce it then and release it 2022 that would be more realistic. i think that would be realistic tough because even on i didnt know the sims 4 is allready 6 years old. but yeah if we look at gta 5 thats also 7 years old and will be released on the next console. so i guess that will be the same here on the next console.
    Im 19 and still lonely. Ooops this is the sims forum not a dating app
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Announcement 2023 release 2025.
    SimGuruGraham just stated this week that The Sims 4 hit a new record of daily/weekly/monthly players. As we know "Never change a running business" is very important to EA, so TS4 will go on and on and on and on...
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    > @Lady_Ballora said:
    > Who says EA hasn't started on Sims 5 the minute Sims 4 base game shipped out? Sims 5 could be complete and ready to ship out early next year.

Thats definitely plausible, given the fact that sims games typically only run for like 4-5 years before a new one releases. So of course they start working on the next title, rather soon!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Announcement 2019, Release 2020.
    Erja888 wrote: »
    SimGuruGraham just stated this week that The Sims 4 hit a new record of daily/weekly/monthly players. As we know "Never change a running business" is very important to EA, so TS4 will go on and on and on and on...

I think EA cares more about keeping up with the times and moving on with new projects. I highly doubt they want to keep S4 going on forever when they want to move on to Sims 5, Sims 6,Sims 7,etc.

I really think EA is going to move on with Sims 5 in 2021 or early 2022. After all,if Sims 1,Sims 2 and Sims 3 didn't go on forever,why should Sims 4?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    Erja888 wrote: »

I think EA could keep the sims4 going on forever but I also think that they would not hesitate to tell Maxis to stop development on the sims4 whenever they like, no matter what the developers feel on the matter and how much content they have planned.

And the new consoles that are planned to release at the end of this year is a reason for them to do that. EA cares a lot about their shareholders and I don't think they want to hear from Maxis that they don't have anything planned for the new consoles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I've often speculated if all of those really in-depth polls are really nothing more than them data mining to gather ideas of what players really want in TS5 rather than what they are considering adding to add to TS4.
    edited August 2020
    I've often speculated if all of those really in-depth polls are really nothing more than them data mining to gather ideas of what players really want in TS5 rather than what they are considering adding to add to TS4.

Oh my god. Same here. I always thought those surveys are Sims 5 surveys in disguise. I never believed they would update things like relationships or other core gameplay in the Sims 4 because the game is already so old and it would probably mean a lot of effort to redo base game features. Financially and practically it never made sense.
    The surveys could really be for the Sims 5
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I really couldn't say when I think TS5 will be announced and released, but I do honestly think it makes more sense to announce and release it while there is such a large interest in TS4 rather than waiting for TS4 fervor to die out. Because I feel like people still interested in TS4 (or previous games) will stay interested going into TS5. People who lose interest in TS4 may not come back on board for TS5 years down the road. (I guess someone could come along and counter this argument against itself and say 1) people will never lose interest in TS4; 2: people still interested in TS4 wouldn't bother buying TS5. I can only speak for myself as someone interested in TS4 still and am also interested in TS5 -- if TS5 came along within a year's time, I would buy it). This is why I think arguments of "many people still play TS4 and therefore they're not going to release TS5 yet" don't make any sense to me.

I know they're not the same thing, but I can't help but compare this to blockbuster film franchises. When a Marvel movie comes out, there are 2 more Marvel movies ready to go into production while the other is still in theaters. The studios don't wait until people are no longer talking about the film before they decide to start making the other one. They want to keep their audience's attention so they release films in quick session.

Maybe it's different in the gaming world, but if companies know how long it takes to make a game, I would think they would want to start working on it early. And as long as EA keeps TS4 available for purchase then I don't see the harm in having two games out. There wouldn't be anything stopping players from playing the game they want to play.