Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the option to Paint the Ceilings? Yea or Nay?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I don't really care for it, it only really notices in tab mode but I guess if other people want it I have nothing against it
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yes! Some ceiling details will help A LOT filling the rooms with better atmospheres. Though down at the moment a piece of roof and some cutouts does it okay.

I also look forward to see stuff like spandrels? Half walls on ceiling? How do they call it again? They can visually dividing rooms, all without actually dividing them!
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Nay.(no)

I've never even looked at the ceiling and I love building and remodeling.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Well an additional option is never bad. I don't see why I would say no to that. :P
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nay.(no)
    There are more gameplay features that I feel need attention instead. The background aesthetics (like a ceiling not match the wall) are not bothersome. I also play with the Sims 4 camera mode, so I never see the ceiling. Perhaps it is bothersome to those that use the Sims 3 camera mode.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    YES. I'm not even a builder by hobby, but I've always appreciated in The Sims 3 (was it only in TS3, or TS2 as well?) that you could decorate the ceiling! I watch a lot of Sims Build Mode videos, and I am sad for the creators that all the ceiling angles (even the brick, cement or wooden spaces) all show plain, WHITE CEILING.

Yes, yes yes yes yes yes. This should be a base game update.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
    Yea.(yes)
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    I liked that we could customize them like pretty much everything else in TS3. I also love "wooden" eaves in real homes and dark ceilings in industrial interiors. But tilting the camera to paint faux ceiling borders brought me such unbelievable stress back then. It's something that I don't want to ever experience that again, so I'll pass!

Yo @orenjiAi ! Why not vote "Yes" for the folks who would use this tool? If this tool were available in The Sims 4, you're not forced to use it. Are you implying that if the ceiling design tool were in The Sims 4, that you would be inclined to use it? Even though it's frustrating?

#FixThePersonalities
  • ShaytanShaytan Posts: 11 New Member
    I've always felt the first-person view to be quite an afterthought, it has always been fairly glitchy and the game not really benefiting from that close view. Perhaps in a future release where such feature is meant to be included from the start, it would feel logical to take more attention to all those smaller details otherwise not noticed from the isometric point of view, but in regard to TS4, it would seem to me like a massive waste of resources.

I perceive the first-person camera more as a means to take nicer screenshots from the Sims' point of view, not as much as an integral part of the game.
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Now that we have option to play in first person mode, I would love to be able to paint the ceiling or to have ceiling features... like wooden beams for vaulted ceilings etc.. that you do not have to use move object cheat or debug for.
    Yea.(yes)
    Now that we have option to play in first person mode, I would love to be able to paint the ceiling or to have ceiling features... like wooden beams for vaulted ceilings etc.. that you do not have to use move object cheat or debug for.

Vaulted ceilings.... that would be beautiful. And the ability to apply under-roof textures (or floor/ceiling tiles to the underside of roofs). Yes, please. 😍

#FixThePersonalities
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I actually play sometimes in first person mode :) as I like to see what my Sims see especially if i redecorated or renovated.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Not sure which poll option I should pick. I've never cared for or used ceiling tiles (too much effort), but I would love to change the white roof ceilings (eaves?), which I hate and notice much more.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    @Shaytan wrote: »
    I've always felt the first-person view to be quite an afterthought, it has always been fairly glitchy and the game not really benefiting from that close view. Perhaps in a future release where such feature is meant to be included from the start, it would feel logical to take more attention to all those smaller details otherwise not noticed from the isometric point of view, but in regard to TS4, it would seem to me like a massive waste of resources.

I perceive the first-person camera more as a means to take nicer screenshots from the Sims' point of view, not as much as an integral part of the game.

Even if FPC is not your thing, those who play with the Sims 3 camera (such as myself) will notice it. Same goes for the cinematic camera, especially for storytellers.
    Yea.(yes)
    Not sure which poll option I should pick. I've never cared for or used ceiling tiles (too much effort), but I would love to change the white roof ceilings (eaves?), which I hate and notice much more.

That would be a 'YES'. It applies to all those white spaces seen from below. ;)
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Nay.(no)
    I'm not much of a builder in TS 4 (I was in TS3). So the ceilings don't bother me. I'd be more interested in new gameplay (@Maxis: gameplay meaning Sims can do something together).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I’d be happy for those of you who want them to get them. I never see ceilings so I personally don’t care.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I really need to paint The ceilings
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • dawnmayerdawnmayer Posts: 33 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I welcome anything that adds more detail and freedom!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I don’t care... and I like white ceilings.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Already can in TS2. What's TS4's problem that a later game with presumably more advanced tech can't do it?
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I personally have no need for this kind of feature.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Wanted to have milky way galaxy wallpaper in the ceiling and in the bedroom wall.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    If you have no interest in reading the essay below, I feel you. Please skip and go on ahead and vote in the poll. I’m sure you know what I’m getting at and that you know what you’re voting for.

Are the white ceilings a Build Breaker? For me the answer is a profound and resounding YES.

After 6 years I feel my builds are still incomplete.

Yes there is awesome wallpaper, flooring, roofs, glass roofs, stairs, ladders, columns, basic coloured doors, pools etc…but one thing that’s still giving me the UUURPP moodlet….are those glaring white ceilings.

Many of you may not even notice the ceilings -good for you- but I believe there are plenty of builders and storytellers among the sim4 community that agree at some level that the white overhead ‘things’ in their builds do not make sense whatsoever, when using full Camera mode, First Person View, All Walls Up, or whichever way you would like to look at it. The ceiling that is.

Why extra bothered? Because of Jungle adventures. What does Jungle Adventures have to do with those white ceilings?

Well, IF you have Jungle adventures installed, I suggest you to take a vacation and rent a holiday home in the humid land of Selvadorada, stock up on a decent amount of Machetes at the Puerto Llamante, travel to the Belomisia trailhead and start to work your way through the tangled thicket of the jungle (and the entire bundle of machetes) until you find yourself face to face with an impressive ancient construction called the ‘Omiscan Temple’.
    Go ahead, wander around the temple in say, First Person. Look up before you get too dizzy. What do you see? Exactly. Zero White ceilings. Instead, the ceilings are covered with shimmering ancient Omiscan stone blocks. I can almost smell the moist rock…

What was the reasoning behind colouring the ceilings in this particular location? For the player to feel completely immersed in the adventure...of course.

So why am I not allowed to feel just as immersed while having a rest in the wooden tree hut I spent hours breaking my back over, just to satisfy the little sim brats. I’m glad I have Spa Day installed because I need a massage. Just close the weary eyes and don’t look at the ceiling. Why can’t I enter the old family barn and look up at the spiderwebs dangling from the rotten FLOORBOARDS from the room upstairs? Instead I shrink away from the horrifying blinding white monstrosity that calls itself a ceiling…

Providing this kind of immersion for one building and not others is an inconsistency in design and aesthetics. Obviously it can be done.

Would you like the option to paint the ceilings of your builds for the effect of...well...immersion and completeness?

I looked in first person in the temples and there is tiles on the roof
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Yea.(yes)

I looked in first person in the temples and there is tiles on the roof

That’s right. And it looks wow. And I need the ability to apply that level of wow to my own virtual ceilings.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    How would you apply it in build mode because in build mode you cant see the ceiling
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king