Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Industrial Eco Footprint : Mission Impossible

2...Next

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited June 2020
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Do we know what the original plan was? Were we supposed to be able to reach max industrial or max eco? If you think about it in the real world we have to work hard to get it to a specific state, but then also continue to work on it after so it doesn't drift back into the void.

The trailers show the plan was to convert the industrial parts of town into green eco friendly areas. From what I have heard the shift toward green is subconsciously simple. As much as players can make an industrial area, that’s completely opposite of what this pack aims to do and I’m not surprised it’s nearly impossible to do. To get a dirty industrial area you seem to have to constantly work against the game because that’s not how the developers intended it to be played.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hmmmmm this sounds so complicated. I'm still in the process of purging so I didn't get around to playing too much. But for me I only wanted to play in pollution. So I went to each neighborhood and put the cheat in to get it to whatever footprint of my choosing and paused it there in the menu. So that's one option for people who don't mind doing it that way

Does it actually pauses? Because in my game when i use that options toggle it reverts to neutral instead of pausing...
    My main interest in this pack was the ability to have polluted neighbourhoods and just leave them like that.

Nope pause doesn't work 😒

In fact, each time I leave the Build/Buy Mode, the game change the Eco Footprint.

The pause works as long as you stay in Live Mode.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It actually does go both ways. It's impossible to keep a green area either. The bar slides to neutral, even with all lots fully changed to industrial or green. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    It actually does go both ways. It's impossible to keep a green area either. The bar slides to neutral, even with all lots fully changed to industrial or green. :/

Maybe you could try adding industrial objects to the neighbourhood space with the TOOL mod, see if there will be any changes in how this system works?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

Maybe you could try adding industrial objects to the neighbourhood space with the TOOL mod, see if there will be any changes in how this system works?

I don't have that mod and I don't use mods. However it's an interesting theory, that the neighbourhood objects between the lots are somehow affecting and pulling. However, since a lot of it is trees and shrubs, I'd expect everything to be green and then stay that way. (Guess that depends what world you are currently playing in, I'm in Willow Creek so I would expect a green pull).

My problem isn't so much anymore that I can't turn an area through normal game play. I have done several times now and it is a lot of work, but doable. It's just that it doesn't stay that way. I get the message saying it's turned industrial or green (it truely doesn't matter which end of the spectrum) and within a day of game play and nothing changing, it's neutral again and sliding back towards the side it just left. It only lasts about a day before it's neutral and you have to begin the slide again. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I think they need to look at the system itself for changing the eco footprint, because this doesn't just happen with the industrial foot print. I have put every item I could into making all the lots in port promise green, all lots have the green footprint, but the neighborhood itself keeps going back to neutral within a day. It shouldn't do that. The system changes back to neutral far to easily from either of the other states.

This is true. It's too quick to go back to Neutral either way. My sim's house is so green the bills can't go any lower. And STILL they are usually neutral.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited June 2020
    I play my game with the green
    eco footprint. What I do is:

Make my household with the
    Green Fiend, Neat & Maker traits.

After I have my household on their residential lot, I go into the barcode & type
    TestingCheats On
    Enter key
    TestingCheats True
    Enter key
    Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 0

That will turn the lot green.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I play my game with the green
    eco footprint. What I do is:

Make my household with the
    Green Fiend, Neat & Maker traits.

After I have my household on their residential lot, I go into the barcode & type
    TestingCheats On
    Enter key
    TestingCheats True
    Enter key
    Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 0

That will turn the lot green.

Does it stay like that? I have been having problems with keeping it that way without it decaying to neutral...