Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your elders doing today?

Comments

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    767100295666dd2e9d04b7a8e14e6ddf01d9a7e1.png
    b5822864540c98e01ea08d3049bc175eaab6b961.png
    My elders are sneaking into the hall during a party so they can smoochie smoochie.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Khrisstyne @QueenofMyshuno thank you! :blush: Yeah, Tony is quite handsome and I think I even like him more as an elder then I did as an adult :D He's actually quite young, 59-ish years old, but I aged him up earlier then I normally age my sims because he's dealt with quite a lot of stress in his life. He lives on Sulani with his husband and two children and is the sweetest bean even <3
    cw4l1QM.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    @QueenofMyshuno A hippie commune sounds like a lot of fun! Sims don't get to be evil in my game, so it will be a friendly cult. 😄

And I love your smooching elders. 💋
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I have an elder in game at last. Here's Jonnel Umber, lord of Last Hearth, eating breakfast with his son Edmyn.

8ef9067127a81fa6543152de2061a101b6f915a4.jpg

He's using up all his annual leave before he retires from his job in the music industry so here he is skating at the park with his wife Barbrey. He just has one last fitness point to gain before completing the Bodybuilder aspiration.

4ca2d436a100b1a0e9c7883df600d02d6f236254.jpg

Poor Jonnel took a tumble on the ice. Fortunately he was fine and got up pretty quickly. These Northmen don't give up easily. After a little more skating, it was time to go home for a family dinner.

a69d9dad208442295b30dbd0beb7950f0d775454.png
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited June 2020
    Later in the week, Jonnel's wife Barbrey told him that she wanted another baby even though their daughter Elayne was a young adult and their son Edmyn had just become a teenager. She was born a princess and a Stark of Winterfell so who was he to say no? Soon Barbrey broke the news that she was indeed pregnant. Jonnel was more excited than he had expected.

04d4b68348eef74c047290cadc491fae2f3cb515.jpg

They had breakfast together on Winterfest morning.

735475276ed1bc753da64f778cb63c12a4491b59.jpg

Elayne and Edmyn don't get along but managed to put their differences aside to celebrate Winterfest with their parents.

61a7d04764de66950dd6919d62b874a5346ebe49.jpg

The morning after Winterfest, Barbrey gave birth to triplets! I'm switching households now, so the room hasn't been properly decorated, but I think the household is going to be crazy for a while! Jonnel drank a Potion of Youth so he can spent his golden years with the triplets.

3db96e4fc1c8ed7551e8da3fe263586cfbc5e08e.jpg

• AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I love my elders. My current elder Liam, is a descendant of Johnny Zest and Maaike Haas. He and his wife Emily just spent the day at the spa having massages and taking a yoga class. They then visited their grandchildren. I love them so much that I have extended their lives twice with the reward potion.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Jonnel is wonderful!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Jonnel is wonderful!

Thanks. This thread has made me eager to make more time for elder sims as they crop up in my game. I've had a lot of fun with him and his household today.
    76b91c7144b919d98978d7ccd6ac15c9974afd5a.png
    This is Janay and her date, Dean. (middle couple)

f314c93e77b0ede94617cd2da480187cae316c36.png
    This is Janay's dad sitting near the dance floor at the same party and talking to someone. Seems normal, right?

394835a6b36998cc35b021dbb6e74aafb0ced82b.png
    Except what he's really doing is using it as an excuse to watch his adult daughter like a hawk. LOL. He's super controlling.

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    In my current save my Sims Grandmother (Ethel Merry) has just divorced her husband, come out as a lesbian, moved to Sulani with her GF and both of them are now playing with the bubble blower because it's something they both wanted to do as teens but it was frowned upon. Aside from embracing her true sense of self, she's gotten into alternative music and upped her guitar skills. If we had bands she'd be starting one and touring Del Sol Valley. She's thrown Grandmothering to the wind, refusing to play bingo (well okay in game she couldn't anyway but you get the drift), dreading the knitting pack that's on it's way and refuses to paint. She's utterly innappropriate. Today she embarrassed her granddaughter Druscilla by giving her the woohoo talk infront of her new boyfriend, then went off to jet ski, Nanna is a nightmare.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Nothing new :| Just helping with house chores or they keep visiting their family
    edited June 2020
    Jonnel got struck by lightning the other day while I was playing a different household. He survived, thankfully, so hopefully he'll be ok next time his family's turn comes around.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2020
    I feel that elders pass away way too quickly for the circle of a sims life. I see a lot of comments where elders are almost to no part of their game, cause of this reason. I experience the same and have addressed this a few times in the past.

Anyway, I moved my last elder of the family into the sub-urban home of one of his daughters. He has a room of his own and just stays home with the kids and mother most of the time. He reads, watches tv, takes naps and goes for walks outside sometimes. Not much to do for elders tbh.
    Last time I played, they had a family Christmas dinner together and some of their close friends were there as well.

31-5-19-21-12-43.png
    31-5-19-23-24-14.png
    31-5-19-23-26-11.png
    @Mariefoxprice83 Jonnel sounds like he's living his best life! Triplets at his age--wow! I'm so glad the lightening didn't take him out!!

@Alexai Spa, yoga classes, and visiting family...your elders sound like they have the life I want!

@Bloosmoo Oh wow -- your elders are awesome and full of personality! I, too, play saves where the bubble blower is frowned upon, LOL. I love that she's just now getting into bubble blowing and alternative music. The fact that she's dreading the knitting pack cracked me up! What a fun sim!

@SimsterLiv Live-in grandparents are great for helping out with the house chores! I create a lot of households with live-in grandmas, haha.

@FurSimsOfficial Thank you for sharing those great screenshots! Your elder is actually pretty cute and fit. Maybe he should get a cute, fit elder girlfriend? Or if he has money, maybe an older adult trophy girlfriend?? :blush:

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Not playing any, but now I want to. Let's keep this thread alive, as it is plain awesome <3

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2020
    My founders are still alive and well, in their "happily ever after" home in Sulani.

z8FVq1B.png

Riley is taking up conservation work, having retired from his career as a Celebrity Chef. I imagine he donates his salary back to the conservancy program - they really do not need the additional income.

M0MRbCz.png

Avery still writes the occasional style column for Smogue, and doesn't donate the money back. If Anna Simtour wants to pay him that much to keep him interested in the job, he'll take it. He's more interested in island culture, and spends much of his time with Ohan'ali chief Keala Hoapili and her māhu granddaughter, Lia Hauata.

TUC1LQV.png

With Elder Hoapili's advice and encouragement, Avery requested the trustees of the Baulaire Family Foundation (because these Sims have just an absurd amount of money, and aren't the sorts to just leave it lying around, I have an imaginary charitable trust) to free up some funds and pull some strings to clean up the Admiral's Wreckage from Mua Pelam, and instead build a marae or sacred terrace honoring the island spirits in its place. Supporting facilities were added to make it Mua Pelam National Park, highlighting Sulani's conservancy efforts and unique culture.

vEj526p.png

Riley and Avery could easily afford to live on Lani St. Taz, but find the place a little too removed from the real feel of the islands. Instead, they have fixed up Lagoon Look in Ohan'ali Town and live there quite comfortably.

U8HORHf.png

I have a new elder in my game. Jaime Redwyne is Lord of the Arbor, a famous poet. He's retired from his writing day job but he still likes to write poems, mostly about wine. At the moment he's writing The Book of Life, which is probably going to be about his wife, Delena, a princess of House Gardener. She's Chief of Justice and about to hit the elder stage herself.

01e93aaa8319167efa0b444c0e36b963be9b6c09.jpg

Jaime and Delena's daughter Falyse just finished university and got a job in Communications. Here she is telling her parents that she's pregnant. Falyse is the one in blue. Her parents were excited about having a grandchild but sad because she doesn't want to marry the father. She's bisexual and having fun playing the field at the moment. Then again, the baby's father is a Bolton of the Dreadfort, so it might be a good idea not to marry him! (Even though he's actually not a bad guy)

429ef72775a2fa0176a9963478b3720c4f4dad3d.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited June 2020

f3eef08c73806fdbcd9b1628c336c5c118e77e3b.png

There are a few elder townies that I really liked and my main character was just introduced into the household of her elder teacher. He will teach her magic and then this will turn into the first PT in which I really concentrate on magic. I'm very excited!

I move all elders in my saves into retirement-households. Then I can log into a few households and keep tabs on them, hand out potions for those who should stick around longer. Or hand out flower arrangements scented with deathflowers for those whose time has come. There are a few clubs for elders with cards and the like out in the park, it is nice to see them out and about.

Edit: had to add a pic of my sims magics-teacher. He is such a great sim <3
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
    I've got 2 more elders in my game. Princess Bethany of House Stark and her husband, Androw Bolton, lord of the Dreadfort. Bethany and Androw are archaeologists who live with their son Edrick, his new bride Wylla, 2 cats, and the maid, Kyra. Although they are officially retired now, they may still make occasional trips to the jungle.

I also decided that it was time to create the "Golden Oldies" club so the played elder sims can hang out together more easily. Their activities are chatting, playing cards and drinking bar drinks. At a later date I may add another club for elders who want to do more adventurous things.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My elders are waiting for the knitting pack.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I've just created a new elder for my save her name is Gladys Jones, she's a grandmother to one ya, and two teens who seem pretty normal. (Well the middle one isn't but that's for a teen page lol) Anyway she's living a double life, one one hand she's this caring, supportive, desperate to knit nanna and on the other hand, she's a powerful enchantress who stepped away from the magic realm to live a quiet, drama free life. What a shame thats not going to happen for her lol
    I played the Umber household again. Here's Jonnel having fun in the snow with the triplets.

5654e0b3520167bdc12c8f38db95858b4e4a8eaa.jpg
    @Sindocat I love your marae building--that looks fantastic!

@Mariefoxprice83 LOL that Jaime's poems are mostly about wine. Also, I didn't know you could put hats on a snowpal? I guess I just never clicked that option. I'll have to play with that next time. Cute winter picture!

@jimbbq I'm pretty excited about that knitting pack, too!

@Bloosmoo I love the name Gladys for an elder, and I love stories where someone has secrets and is living a double life!

@Mariefoxprice83 LOL that Jaime's poems are mostly about wine. Also, I didn't know you could put hats on a snowpal? I guess I just never clicked that option. I'll have to play with that next time. Cute winter picture!

I didn't choose the option for hats, they just came up every time! Jaime's poems are about wine because his family name is Redwyne and in Westeros the family is canonically known for producing especially fine vintages. After playing a couple of writer sims in this save already, I decided that each book should run under a specific theme because it's just easier. Any future authors in the save will also have books named after their family name, or possibly their "house words" if known.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't have many because of the way I play, plus there is not much incentive to create them for a unique gameplay perspective. I only occasionally play a generational household and when I do I will have an elder for story purposes. Still, they act much like a regular sim with an increased chance of death.