Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you took the Eco Lifestyle Survey Yet?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think this is only for certain people. I could not get it. Even with data share and survey on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    I think this is only for certain people. I could not get it. Even with data share and survey on

Do you play on console?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I got it. I basically said how it should have been a Game Pack and, outside of the Green/Industrial items, so many things were poorly-done, half-baked or unnecessary. It also needed dragons.

But I loved the energy-management aspect and the CAS/BB.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Do you play on console?

No I'm on PC
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I didn't get it either. Maybe you need a certain number of hours in the new pack? I normally play offline, and only went online today to take survey. Origin may think I never played EL at all.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    @EnkiSchmidt @BabyKake9 Make sure you have to setting to be able get get surveys shown enabled.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    I didn't get it either. Maybe you need a certain number of hours in the new pack? I normally play offline, and only went online today to take survey. Origin may think I never played EL at all.

I wonder if this is the reason. I play offline alsotey probably think I never touched it😅😅
    Yes I have that enabled @SimmerGeorge
    I have share data usage on also and I exited and reloaded multiple times.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I don't have it either. I haven't played The Sims a lot for the last two weeks though.

Hmm maybe. What if you have the pack but don't want to play it because of bugs and such? How would they receive feedback on this? Hmm, makes me wonder.
    giphy.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, it was a good survey, it was nice to be able to give feedback about what I liked and didn't like.

I was a little harsh on the last question when they asked if I would recommend this pack to a friend (I gave it a 1) but I think some NAP's completely ruined this pack.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt @BabyKake9 Make sure you have to setting to be able get get surveys shown enabled.

I did that when the Community SP voting started already, so that cannot be the problem.

Might be Data Sharing also needs to be enabled (but I won't do that, because I often just take screenshots and create picture stories. I don't want them to interpret that as how we "play" the game and base their decisions on it.)
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

I did that when the Community SP voting started already, so that cannot be the problem.

Might be Data Sharing also needs to be enabled (but I won't do that, because I often just take screenshots and create picture stories. I don't want them to interpret that as how we "play" the game and base their decisions on it.)

I turned on data sharing and suddenly I got the option to take the survey. I'm going to turn it back off now.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited June 2020
    Is there a link to this survey?
    I didn't get it even if I have Eco Lifestyle pack. Is the survey maybe only for players from USA?
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yes it was my first survey. All and all it’s a decent addition to the game but told them that it has many bugs and it’s sad that I’ve come to expect that from the Sims Franchise.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes. Left them an earful!
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i hope this indicates that a update to address the bugs is coming....npc's should not be getting large inventories stacking up and the effects on gardens needs to be fixed, too. The missing pets and many other bugs just need to get fixed asap.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I think the devs have noticed a lot of people are having problems with this pack and using a survey will help capture the feedback more effectively. I really hope they are using this info to help fix the game, rather than filing it for future reference when creating new packs.

Eco Lifestyle would be so good if it wasn't destroyed by bugs and those silly sink stealing NAPs. They need to fix the bugs to save this game.
    giphy.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I think the devs have noticed a lot of people are having problems with this pack and using a survey will help capture the feedback more effectively. I really hope they are using this info to help fix the game, rather than filing it for future reference when creating new packs.

Eco Lifestyle would be so good if it wasn't destroyed by bugs and those silly sink stealing NAPs. They need to fix the bugs to save this game.

Truth. I haven't bought the pack myself because of the bugs I've been hearing about. I was originally going to pass on it altogether, then I figured I want the build/buy and some CAS so I was going to wait for a sale, then I found out about a few features that I think I'd like after all. But the kind of bugs that are happening are deal breakers and I'm seeing how upset and annoyed people are about them.

I think, though, that the lockdown and forced work from home conditions have largely contributed to the excessive bugs. Hopefully they can get a patch out in July to address the major problems.
    #Team Occult
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

Truth. I haven't bought the pack myself because of the bugs I've been hearing about. I was originally going to pass on it altogether, then I figured I want the build/buy and some CAS so I was going to wait for a sale, then I found out about a few features that I think I'd like after all. But the kind of bugs that are happening are deal breakers and I'm seeing how upset and annoyed people are about them.

I think, though, that the lockdown and forced work from home conditions have largely contributed to the excessive bugs. Hopefully they can get a patch out in July to address the major problems.
    #Team Occult
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The survey popped up for me a couple days ago. I let them know exactly how I felt, and that I wouldn't recommend the pack at all until the bugs were fixed. I told them what I liked, but how my enjoyment of the pack was severely damaged by the bugs, and that I wish I had waited to buy Eco Lifestyle. What a disappointment!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I also got it on PC and told them my frustration.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited June 2020
    Nope, no survey. Probably because I don't have the expansion pack :D Though I would have liked to be able to give my opinion based on the information I got on the pack, from their own teaser and game trailer, their own blogs, this forum, youtube, and other websites. Maybe they could have gotten some data on why people haven't (yet) bought the pack. I mean, I have the money, I want new and more game content, so something is going wrong where my money isn't ending up in their accounts. Not opening up the survey to people who don't have the expansion pack won't give them any insight into why their company isn't making as much money as it could have.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Nope, no survey. Probably because I don't have the expansion pack :D Though I would have liked to be able to give my opinion based on the information I got on the pack, from their own teaser and game trailer, their own blogs, this forum, youtube, and other websites. Maybe they could have gotten some data on why people haven't (yet) bought the pack. I mean, I have the money, I want new and more game content, so something is going wrong where my money isn't ending up in their accounts. Not opening up the survey to people who don't have the expansion pack won't give them any insight into why their company isn't making as much money as it could have.

Maybe they only wanted to see how people received the new gameplay. I watched the game changers early access video and I knew what to expect but I found the NAPs quite intrusive and disruptive once I got to play it myself.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yep I took it yesterday. I quite like the pack and would recommend it in a sale, but also let them know that some things should be tuned.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I got it I hope I was helpful :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »

I have the pack, pre ordered it, and the survey doesn't show... too bad they're leaving people behind. I have an opinion too...