Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys think we'll get zombies in Sims 4?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2020
    @filipomel wrote: »
    I think Ithe reason why TS3 zombies are annoying is "random inactive sims will become zombies every full moon"

I hope zombies could be a hidden full life state like TS2, no just a moodlet. Zombies are not necessarily all green, they can also be grey or purple, even looks like a human/vampire like Alex Mercer and Vincent Valentine
    And I don't think the infected are zombies because they doesn't like zombies at all except "possessed"

I mean call me crazy but zombies walk funny and act mindless, possessed sims walk funny and act mindless. There isn’t much distinction in behaviour between what a typical zombie acts like and these possessed sims, except one eats brains (something not possible in sims because of the Teen rating) and the other just acts funny placing mysterious fruits around. I truly think they are the Sims 4’s version of zombies. But again, I could be wrong, and the classic zombie archetype might be on its way.

I feel the same about the possessed sims in Strangerville. They are zombie enough as is.

I have nothing with zombies. They’re mindless, de-humanized beings and if TS4 did Rifles I’d blow the whole cohort out of my game. I’d actually buy the pack just for that.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    No, no no no no no!!!!! It’s a LIFE simulation game

zombies were in sims 2 and 3 @Leahmiller2006

I know, it’s just a personal opinion. I hate supernatural stuff
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    I also think that possessed sims are the Sims 4 zombies, even if I understand that some of you are not satisfied with them.
    The atmosphere of StrangerVille and the polluted worlds were perfect opportunities for adding zombies so I guess it is not planned.

Also (and it's a true question, I'm frankly curious), why do you guys want zombies?
    I can see the fun of playing in an apocalyptic world but what would be the gameplay of this occult?
    Also (and it's a true question, I'm frankly curious), why do you guys want zombies?
    I can see the fun of playing in an apocalyptic world but what would be the gameplay of this occult?

I’m actually very interested to see an answer to that as well. I understand the wanting for any other occult previously in games. Werewolves, vampires, spellcasters, etc. seem to have desires and goals that are stimulated by human memories and emotion. Even in their darkest form there is still some human or animal instinct in there. What does the mindless zombie have in that respect?

Also note that in a Sims game a zombie can only eat plants or something similar. Not other sims, if that’s what you’re somehow hoping for. A game like that would be rated ‘M’. There is a mod for that to suit your needs.

How do you see an occult system for them, the way say vampires have in TS4? Or do you see them more like an alien? Or an npc that needs to be cured?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020

I’m actually very interested to see an answer to that as well. I understand the wanting for any other occult previously in games. Werewolves, vampires, spellcasters, etc. seem to have desires and goals that are stimulated by human memories and emotion. Even in their darkest form there is still some human or animal instinct in there. What does the mindless zombie have in that respnect?

Also note that in a Sims game a zombie can only eat plants or something similar. Not other sims, if that’s what you’re somehow hoping for. A game like that would be rated ‘M’. There is a mod for that to suit your needs.

How do you see an occult system for them, the way say vampires have in TS4? Or do you see them more like an alien? Or an npc that needs to be cured?

npc that need to be cured and more like aliens yes but I would also like to see what the sims 4 team does with them I'm sure they would be different then other sims games had maybe some new game play we haven't thought of @CAPTAIN_NXR7 @DalekFriday
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    What! You mean that the motherplant's possessed minions aren't zombies. Lol😆😆
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I really enjoyed having zombies in TS3, but I feel like they were not popular enough to be reimagined for TS4.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    No, I think Strangerville was the Zombies.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    No, I think Strangerville was the Zombies.

Yeah, a zombie would not be different.

But if they decide to add them it will be a small feature of a pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I just started to replay Sims 3 Supernatural & I still only prefer the Smiling Strangerville Possessed Zombies in Sims 4. They are so funny & they don't give me the creepiest jeepers.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I always turned zombies off in TS3...they were annoying as all heck. I don't want them back.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Zombies could be better if they were done like The Sims 1 & 2, NOT Sims 3.
    In Sims 1, you could bribe the Grim Reaper to spare someone from death, but if you didn't pay him enough (or anything), they would come back as a zombie.
    In the Sims 2, they had the aspiration reward Death Clock where you could call the Grim Reaper and pay a sum of money to resurrect a dead sim. If you didn't pay them enough, they'd also come back as zombies.
    I could see them fitting in pretty nicely in a Happy Haunts pack :)

I never bought The Sims 3 Supernatural because I heard zombies were very annoying.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I also don't think an Apocalypse pack would work well in the Sims. It would just be Strangerville all over again, extremely linear, only focused on one world, not worth replaying. I hope they are not releasing an Apocalypse pack because it would probably not be great.
    Again, they should just add Zombies as a side feature in Happy Haunts!
    bixters wrote: »
    I also don't think an Apocalypse pack would work well in the Sims. It would just be Strangerville all over again, extremely linear, only focused on one world, not worth replaying. I hope they are not releasing an Apocalypse pack because it would probably not be great.
    Again, they should just add Zombies as a side feature in Happy Haunts!

I like Strangerville I think its fun :)
    edited July 2020
    @bixters wrote: »
    Zombies could be better if they were done like The Sims 1 & 2, NOT Sims 3.
    In Sims 1, you could bribe the Grim Reaper to spare someone from death, but if you didn't pay him enough (or anything), they would come back as a zombie.
    In the Sims 2, they had the aspiration reward Death Clock where you could call the Grim Reaper and pay a sum of money to resurrect a dead sim. If you didn't pay them enough, they'd also come back as zombies.
    I could see them fitting in pretty nicely in a Happy Haunts pack :)

I never bought The Sims 3 Supernatural because I heard zombies were very annoying.

I didn’t realize that’s how zombies were handled in games before TS3. I’ve never played Sims 1 and although I’m currently looking into some of the Sims 2 gameplay mechanics, I haven’t gotten to that part yet.

Sims 3 zombies are intrusive if you don’t turn off the option to have them in game. I believe it is a Mailbox cheat. There was also a plant vs zombies Peashooter available for a limited time (as a promotional free feature) which could be placed in your sim’s garden to ward off the zombies.I found it odd that a shooter wasn’t part of Supernatural, since, outside of building a fence and locking the gate during full moon, I can’t recall another Interesting way of keeping the things away from the garden.

If a zombie is an effect generated by the consequences of blackmail between Grim and Sim, for me that would be a more appealing gameplay approach. But it needs to be subtle and meaningful. In order to turn Z back to human (or ghost), gameplay needs to be challenging and can’t be a repeat of trying to mix about a 100 cures and testing it on double the amount of Sims before the cure works. That’s not gameplay. That’s pushing the fast speed button. Too much Strangerville.

The cure may have to depend on the relationship between Sim and Grim if a more in-depth system is in place.

In that case I can see that a potential Happy Haunts could be a suitable Pack for Introducing interesting gameplay elements that includes zombies.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't really feel like we "need" zombies cause strangerville sims are quite zombie-ish enough for me and id rather other types of occults we don't have but :/
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

I didn’t realize that’s how zombies were handled in games before TS3. I’ve never played Sims 1 and although I’m currently looking into some of the Sims 2 gameplay mechanics, I haven’t gotten to that part yet.

Sims 3 zombies are intrusive if you don’t turn off the option to have them in game. I believe it is a Mailbox cheat. There was also a plant vs zombies Peashooter available for a limited time (as a promotional free feature) which could be placed in your sim’s garden to ward off the zombies.I found it odd that a shooter wasn’t part of Supernatural, since, outside of building a fence and locking the gate during full moon, I can’t recall another Interesting way of keeping the things away from the garden.

If a zombie is an effect generated by the consequences of blackmail between Grim and Sim, for me that would be a more appealing gameplay approach. But it needs to be subtle and meaningful. In order to turn Z back to human (or ghost), gameplay needs to be challenging and can’t be a repeat of trying to mix about a 100 cures and testing it on double the amount of Sims before the cure works. That’s not gameplay. That’s pushing the fast speed button. Too much Strangerville.

The cure may have to depend on the relationship between Sim and Grim if a more in-depth system is in place.

In that case I can see that a potential Happy Haunts could be a suitable Pack for Introducing interesting gameplay elements that includes zombies.

You could turn off getting zombies in TS3 by setting the moon to a permanent state, like waxing crescent, or just simply making sure to avoid the full moon via the settings in general, as that was the time they would show. So you didn't have to use cheats.

I'd love zombies too OP, I've wanted them since the zombie apocalypse pack idea got brought up (even though I didn't like them in TS3) but I do think that unfortunately the infected might be what we got for that. Just like the elemental ideas they brought up along with superhero sims were downgraded to an itty bitty feature in Island Living and not an actual playable sims feature.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack

You could turn off getting zombies in TS3 by setting the moon to a permanent state, like waxing crescent, or just simply making sure to avoid the full moon via the settings in general, as that was the time they would show. So you didn't have to use cheats.

Turning off the Moon Cycle would however disable the effect it has on the other Supernatural: The Werewolf. I don't have a problem with the Werewolf and I personally like the moon cycle feature and aesthetic in addition to the seasons.
    It's the Z's that I'm not fond of. That's why I'd use the cheat so it only affects them.

Turning off the Moon Cycle would however disable the effect it has on the other Supernatural: The Werewolf. I don't have a problem with the Werewolf and I personally like the moon cycle feature and aesthetic in addition to the seasons.
    It's the Z's that I'm not fond of. That's why I'd use the cheat so it only affects them.

if they add zombies in sims 4 or 5 I hope they don't use the moon for them for werewolf it made since zombies not so much

I just felt I wanted to clarify for people that don't know that in TS3 you can in fact get rid of zombies without cheats, I felt like the way you phrased it made it sound like cheats were the only way.
    But regardless, like you mentioned in your elaboration, if you do turn it off in the settings you do miss out on the full moon for other supernaturals.

if they add zombies in sims 4 or 5 I hope they don't use the moon for them for werewolf it made since zombies not so much

Yeah, I think how zombies where dealt with in TS3 turned a lot of people off, me included. But like I mentioned earlier, something like an apocalyptic pack would definitely be of interest for me and a must buy (like StrangerVille).
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think the possessed from Strangerville are this versions zombies. Adding zombies now, everyone would scream about "copied animations" and "no new game play". If you really want that zombie look for a sim, make a green/gray skinned sim. Use some ripped up clothes and some of the face archetypes from vampires, give them some bizarre fruit and you've got your "classic" zombie.

I think that's gonna be it for zombies this time.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I had a lot of fun with StrangerVille. If it was an apocalypse-zombie-story contained in another map that would be fun.

But even if I live all the other occult life states this is the one I am least interested in. I rate werewolves and fairies much higher. They later can be incorporated into my other stories.

Zombies would be interesting on the side, just like StrangerVille, but I do not in any way shape or form want zombies spawning in Sulani.

So, as an occult-player, sure bring them on. But keep them securely contained in their own world. Otherwise I am not interested.
    Camkat wrote: »
    I think the possessed from Strangerville are this versions zombies. Adding zombies now, everyone would scream about "copied animations" and "no new game play". If you really want that zombie look for a sim, make a green/gray skinned sim. Use some ripped up clothes and some of the face archetypes from vampires, give them some bizarre fruit and you've got your "classic" zombie.

I think that's gonna be it for zombies this time.

everyone would scream about "copied animations" they do that anyway
    I had a lot of fun with StrangerVille. If it was an apocalypse-zombie-story contained in another map that would be fun.

But even if I live all the other occult life states this is the one I am least interested in. I rate werewolves and fairies much higher. They later can be incorporated into my other stories.

Zombies would be interesting on the side, just like StrangerVille, but I do not in any way shape or form want zombies spawning in Sulani.

So, as an occult-player, sure bring them on. But keep them securely contained in their own world. Otherwise I am not interested.

But keep them securely contained in their own world
    thats one way to do it or they could make it where you trigger it and when your done with the story it goes away like the mother plant @SilentKitty