Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbbot & general help needed

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There are only 11 Expansion Packs, the other 9 are Stuff Packs. Where is it exactly that the 9 missing ones are not showing up, are we talking about the Patch 1.69 Launcher and its pack selector screen or someplace else?

If an Expansion Pack used to load and has traits specific to it that a sim has picked up is no longer loading, then those traits will be undefined and may appear to be missing. But one way to adjust traits on sims without mod usage (MasterController makes this much easier) is to use testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the sim to Edit in CAS and do up the traits from there. Regardless, Modify Traits is not a cheats console command to be typed out but is supposed to be reachable by clicking or shift-clicking on the sim when testingcheatsenabled is on, if you can get it to work that way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    There are 4 expansions not loaded - Pets, Generations, Supernatural, & Island Paradise
    Unloaded stuff packs: Town Life, Master Suite, Diesel, Movie, & Sweet Treats (no loss there - maybe gotten for completeness?)
    These shown in the launcher via the tab that shows packs. There is another panel, in options I think, that lists various beings I can't have.

Inclined to agree with your idea that missing packs explain the missing traits. Will try your repair method when I have more time, not tired, and less homework. Quite like how the Brits do college, focus is on thinking and analysis not mere/solely cramming of data into one's head.

Visited NRaas and am very favorably impressed! Astounded will have to do for Master Controller. Both are definitely on the explore further list.
    Maybe I am not understanding this part correctly, but you are saying the 9 packs that are not loading are showing up on the Launcher pack selector screen? Are they each checked off? If they are showing up but are unchecked, then they will not load.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    What am saying is that the nine packs, bought and paid for as packaged disks either in stores or ebay, were loaded into the game a couple of years ago. They were played on an older macihne, so should be showing up via Origin as EA knows about them via registration. They do not appear now, on newer machine, logged into the same EA/Origin account. Am less than happy with EA. Am trying to get said machine to display on a monitor so I can use it. More there than TS3, some of which I need for school.

On a more positive note, have continued exploring and liking the game better with each visit, even though there are still things that are cranky or a mystery.

Tried opening a new game to play one of the premade Sunset Valley households but game would only permit making a new sim or using sims in the bin. The printed guide clearly states those families are playable so baffled by this TS4 behavior.

When trying to move newly made sim (totally sold on Create a Style, amazing stuff there!) into the world no empty lots were available in world view even though I know there are several of them and the move in panel showed icon buttons for both empty houses and empty lots.

There is a world known as "Adventure Land", the description and picture of which duplicate Sunset Valley. I have no idea where or when that came from so did not pick it in the interest of game safety.

Am liking this version more with each visit. Not sure if will be as enthused as you folks, but it's certainly becoming (become?) a valid simming option and certainly more interesting than TS4, even with the missing packs.
    edited June 2020
    You should be able to play or switch play to any resident household, already placed on the map or from the bin. I haven't seen it myself in years, but the game has a Tutorial Mode that I believe is meant for players new to the game to practice their CAS techniques rather than for actual gameplay. Is it possible that your new game landed within and got stuck in that mode?

Adventure Land is not unsafe to use, but there isn't much to it. It's really just Sunset Valley with all but two residents removed. It gets revealed when players install WA through Origin, we think the developers used it for something or other and left it in by mistake. You aren't missing anything all that interesting by ignoring it. I'm on a Steam install currently and there are two other developer worlds with very odd names, both clearly early drafts, that got revealed to us on that platform. They are fascinating and in some cases funny to look at but not very playable. One has an unusable IP dive spot in the middle of an empty parcel of land with nothing on it but some dirt. The other is a really weird early version of Uni World. :)

On the still missing packs, it sounds like only EA Customer Support will be able to help sort that out. Some players over the years ended up with two Origin or store accounts or one of each which amounts to the same thing if the username and email address didn't match exactly. Or it could be something else that Support could help you track down and fix from their end. I believe they are still in limited staff pandemic mode, so their hours are limited and it can take a while or multiple attempts to get through. You may want to save that experience for when you have enough time to devote to it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Will check out the tutorial thing though I doubt that's it as I was in the regular game launch panel and hit new game instead of the one already there. Am tempted to think that when the game got Origin-ized EA tampered with verious game elements.

Interesting my WA was bought in a store, installed on that older machine I mentioned, and played from there. It's one of the packs that shows up so maybe that's why the world does.

I like your waiting idea. Might try one of the disks to see if it will install on WIN 10.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    As far as I remember, last time I installed new video drivers, the game reset all my options, including the tutorial ones ( I have absolutely no idea why that was included ) and I was unable to choose households until I had completed the tutorial again.

I really feel for players who have to use Origin for their games. It seems so many of them have so much trouble with it, much more so than those of us who have disc installs.
    I'm glad to read that you're enjoying yourself with the game at least :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm on Origin...completely...and well...I'm doing just fine. :mrgreen:@Pary, but then again, I have a high patience level...(though sometimes it disappears on bad days). I installed my game via disc back last year on my old deceased desktop system with Win10 so it should run fine. But, yes, I'm seriously planning to go "all disc" at some point too provided I can track unused copies of the various EPs and SPs. Yes, I know. I'm also getting the KPST...if I can find a copy... ~roll-eyes~

completionist...here.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    KPST is often on ebay though can't speak for this very moment. same goes for the others.

Origin for me is a pain in the fantail (hindermost part of a ship). Being an old destroyer sailor, I'd like to take the guy that came up with it and have a 'chat' with him on the fantail by the depth charge racks.

On a more positive note, finally got that old HP machine referred to in prior posts running right (using it right now, actually) and confirmed suspicions. That machine has ALL the packs installed on it. By disk, and registered with EA. There's no valid reason they don't show up on my new machines. Since I have the disks will see if I can start remedying that situation.

Did a lot of testing yesterday, won't say until how late... Discovered both create a world and how to play other households in a game. Cumbersome process but it worked. If can get at least primary sims into CAS want to load up some CC skins and make repairs. What was EA thinking when they came up with that look? Assuming they were thinking at all.

Why do vacant lots disapper whenever one wants to either have a sim buy one or put a venue on one? Grrr... Any way around it?

Can sims have more than one outfit in a category? Would like to expand at least the everyday.

Discovered the Sims 3 store is still in business. (?!) Is checking it out from time to time worth it? DId find a lot of free things, most looking familiar, so got them for the new machines.

Admit to liking the game. Not as much as 2, but it's a credible alternative. Maybe it took the mess of 4 to enable me to appreciate what 3 offers. That old HP is a quad core, and the newer machines are I7s, so maybe the higher horsepower helps the reported stabilty issues.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sims can have more than one outfit per category ( I believe it's 3 though mods may allow for more ) but you have to use a dresser in game to set them, I've never been able to do it in CAS. You just click the little + sign in the outfit category when you load it.

I personally love the TS3 store, and find that everything there has added a lot to my game. Not just obviously the clothing, but the items too, like the pizza oven, or Grandpa's Grove tractor. It IS expensive, but I've just bought things a set at a time when I could afford it, or participated in contests, and have been grateful & lucky enough to have some incredibly generous friends who have gifted me things.
    There are still giveaways and such in the Store section if you'd like to participate. There once was a thriving gifting community, but a lot disappeared when we were forced onto these boards, and a lot of people became disillusioned with scammers and greedy people and stopped posting.

Also @Nikkei_Simmer , I'm going to buy myself a copy of KPST too, the one SP I swore I would never buy, because it was the worst sims pack ever released. Until EA made that Cats and Dogs stuff pack thing for TS4 that was nearly all decals and floor tiles passing themselves off as "pet blankets".
    I said then, when that was released that I felt I could purchase KPST now, knowing that I had not bought the worst SP ever created for sims :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding