Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which social interactions do you think TS4 is missing?

Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I would like to have more options on conversation. Just a few examples:
got promoted? No one will ever know because you have no option to tell.
Mommy and Daddy where fighting? You cant tell your child why you had that argument.
Gossip? about what or whom.

What are you, dear fellow simmer missing dearly in your sims social interactions?
Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.

Comments

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    If your sim knows someone well enough ... the interaction

''Ask about backround story''

Then the household, or even better, personal bio would pop up that you could read ingame.

For everything else i have (thank godness) mods for, since you can not even congratulate a sims on a birthday.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Day 39 of asking for an interaction where you can "discuss marriage" with your bf that will later automously prompt him to propose 😭 I like the guy proposing and i dont wanna use cheats to make him do it
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »

Then the household, or even better, personal bio would pop up that you could read ingame.

For everything else i have (thank godness) mods for, since you can not even congratulate a sims on a birthday.

That's exactly the point, what do the mods enhance on this topic? ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t care much about social interactions. I spend most of my time in the Romance category anyway ;)
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t care much about social interactions. I spend most of my time in the Romance category anyway ;)

That are "very" social interactions ;)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Chazzzy wrote: »

Isn't that very much a social interaction?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020

My Sims do a little 1-2 on the Romance tip just to get the bar up and then they’re outta there lol so I don’t need any new interactions. They don’t talk much after that. After that, it’s just phone calls to their loved ones while at work, just to keep it spicy.

My Sims do a little 1-2 on the Romance tip just to get the bar up and then they’re outta there lol so I don’t need any new interactions. They don’t talk much after that. After that, it’s just phone calls to their loved ones while at work, just to keep it spicy.

Sounds like you could at least need a "talk about spice" on phone XD
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    An option to ask another sim why they are in the mood they're in with a notification popping up. Sure, I can make them selectable and check but asking would be better. No mods involved that way.

A slow dance interaction would also be nice.
    edited June 2020
    Mommy and Daddy where fighting? You cant tell your child why you had that argument.

What are you, dear fellow simmer missing dearly in your sims social interactions?

I do recall that when a sim feels confident they are able to boast about their promotion...

But I certainly agree that there is a lack of deeper, social interactions and a lack of long term emotional consequences based on those interactions.
    Right now the social interactions only serve to boost or decrease relationship points.
    A true and interesting relationship between 2 or more sims doesn't exist because there is no memory system in place.

Sims can act all angry or flirty around each other one moment, and forget about why they felt that way the next, because they can't remember. There is no story between them.
    I feel that in general the "Why?" and "Who?" interactions are missing. They should both be player directed and autonomous. "Why did you do that?" "Who did that?".

e.g. An interaction between a father and a son:

Sad Son to Fine dad: "I was bullied".
    Tense Dad: "Who bullied you?"
    Sad Son: "Wolfgang Munch."

Angry Dad goes over to the Munch household to have a word with the Munch Brat:

Angry Dad to Wolfgang Munch: "Why did you bully my son?"
    Bored Munch to Tense Dad: "He stinks."

Angry dad starts to....And so on and so forth. From there an interesting relationship can be established between different sims and even entire households depending on the various memories they have together.

The relationship between the son and Munch should remain tense and awkward until the problem is resolved. They should have a memory together: the bully and the victim. Son should recognize Munch as the bully, so resolving the issue between them could offer some challenging and long term game play in itself.

However....

Scripting and coding the multitude of questions, answers and interactions may require a lot of resources the dev team would rather spend on other game play and objects.

I would certainly like my sims to have an actual interest in each other and their surroundings. Interactions will feel more 'alive' and meaningful.

EDIT: I don't believe there is any mod for above game play. Meaningful Stories or Slice of Life don't really do the trick in that regard as they only build upon what's already there.

Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
    edited June 2020

I get ya. Quit the chatter. Keep it practical. That's the way to do it. ;)
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    I would love the option to ask a npc: Ask about genealogy.
    And then get a popup with that npc's family tree. It would make it easier to avoid unwanted pairings, or just the names of any secret children or see how sim A is related to Sim B and so on.
    @Ember_Fox wrote: »
    I would love the option to ask a npc: Ask about genealogy.
    And then get a popup with that npc's family tree. It would make it easier to avoid unwanted pairings, or just the names of any secret children or see how sim A is related to Sim B and so on.

Until you see your own sim in their family tree...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I would like more interactions that are related to their work, so you can ask them how their day at work was and they could have different stories to tell depending on how their day have been.

If a sim would be in a specific mood, sad, happy, angry, bored etc. then maybe you could ask your sim why and also get a random reply back. "I need a break" or "I am worried about a specific sim". That gives the player ideas for stories.

I liked that you can unlock new things to craft with Eco Living by talking to different sims, I would like that to be possible for future things that you could craft as well or maybe you could just ask a sim who is skilled in something for advice and that could increase that skill, it adds more gameplay and reasons for you to be good friends with specific sims.

I would also like to be able choose how I greet my sims as well. I would like to be able to choose if I want to shake hands, wave hands or kiss the cheek on specific sims.

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »

I like the mod where the sim can ''ask to upgrade'', so my sim does not have to deal with it, when he is not skilled in handiness

Same goes for ''ask to cook a specific dish''

other then that... fair enough they dont enhance anything just gives me an illusion. I wont go too deep, since sims 4 is rather shallow in that regard and this mod options or some pop ups seem like the best we will get... but who knows right?!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

I'm not sure that I understood your question. However, if you're into mods, Bienchen (?) has a couple that adds interactions to congratulate on promotions, engagements, pregnancies, births, and such. Nevertheless, I agree that those kinds of socials should have been officially added to the game by now. I would love to see even something as basic as introductions between Sims and a handshake.

The problem with TS4 is that there are so few animations and thought bubbles don't necessarily correspond to what the sims are discussing. After a while, the conversations all begin to look the same anyway. :/
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Not sure if considered a social interaction? But slow dancing and kids dancing on adults feet.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Extra social interactions have also been uploaded to Mod The Sims today, if you're into mods. They're related to promotions, demotions etc.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Day 39 of asking for an interaction where you can "discuss marriage" with your bf that will later automously prompt him to propose 😭 I like the guy proposing and i dont wanna use cheats to make him do it

If you want an autonomous proposal, you will have to find a mod for that. It will never happen otherwise.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

I do recall that when a sim feels confident they are able to boast about their promotion...

But I certainly agree that there is a lack of deeper, social interactions and a lack of long term emotional consequences based on those interactions.
    Right now the social interactions only serve to boost or decrease relationship points.
    A true and interesting relationship between 2 or more sims doesn't exist because there is no memory system in place.

Sims can act all angry or flirty around each other one moment, and forget about why they felt that way the next, because they can't remember. There is no story between them.
    I feel that in general the "Why?" and "Who?" interactions are missing. They should both be player directed and autonomous. "Why did you do that?" "Who did that?".

e.g. An interaction between a father and a son:

Sad Son to Fine dad: "I was bullied".
    Tense Dad: "Who bullied you?"
    Sad Son: "Wolfgang Munch."

Angry Dad goes over to the Munch household to have a word with the Munch Brat:

Angry Dad to Wolfgang Munch: "Why did you bully my son?"
    Bored Munch to Tense Dad: "He stinks."

Angry dad starts to....And so on and so forth. From there an interesting relationship can be established between different sims and even entire households depending on the various memories they have together.

The relationship between the son and Munch should remain tense and awkward until the problem is resolved. They should have a memory together: the bully and the victim. Son should recognize Munch as the bully, so resolving the issue between them could offer some challenging and long term game play in itself.

However....

Scripting and coding the multitude of questions, answers and interactions may require a lot of resources the dev team would rather spend on other game play and objects.

I would certainly like my sims to have an actual interest in each other and their surroundings. Interactions will feel more 'alive' and meaningful.

EDIT: I don't believe there is any mod for above game play. Meaningful Stories or Slice of Life don't really do the trick in that regard as they only build upon what's already there.

Sims are paper dolls, as they currently exist. And you're right, mods can help make autonomous, what options there are, but they cannot do independent storytelling of the sort you just described. And a lot of people seem to like and want zero autonomy, in other words, Barbie Dreamhouse or Action Figures, not interactive fiction in which there are surprises. It's an enormous divide between users. I'm of the second camp, that my delight in the game is from discovery and surprise, not from pushing windup toys around or playing with paper dolls.

But mods are our only options.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »

I'm not sure that I understood your question. However, if you're into mods, Bienchen (?) has a couple that adds interactions to congratulate on promotions, engagements, pregnancies, births, and such. Nevertheless, I agree that those kinds of socials should have been officially added to the game by now. I would love to see even something as basic as introductions between Sims and a handshake.

The problem with TS4 is that there are so few animations and thought bubbles don't necessarily correspond to what the sims are discussing. After a while, the conversations all begin to look the same anyway. :/

You've got that quite right, and i'm happy there are some modders adding more flavor to it, but the less modes I have to use, the better. Won't probably happen in TS4 anymore but i want to see what everyone is missing.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I let my sims socialize with other sims very much and I love that the NPC's are not always in a good mood.
    Sometimes when my sims friends are coming over, they will be angry, sad or embarrassed. I wish we could ask NPC's what happend and we would get a notification which buff is making the NPC sim the way he feels.

Maybe that way I will know more about what's happening in their lives. For example, sometimes I see a sim who has bruises from a fight. And I really really always wanna know with who they fought!
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Npc sims should be able to ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend or propose. This can possibly backfire game play wise if it is not done properly. So when this happens there should be some prompts of yes, no and let's just be friends. Or for those who can't decide and want to leave it up to chance let there be a fourth option to randomize the three other options.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2020
    Begging and Offering. Sims could beg sims they know or don't know for something usually dependent on their needs or traits. Say if Bob gets turned down for a proposal, he could resort to begging. Sims visiting your home can opt to beg for food if they get really hungry. Offering would be different than give gift in that the receiver can choose to accept and use what was given. Like a drink would not go into their inventory, it would be consumed. Offering would depend on what's in ones inventory or what the receiver needs or desires as well as the traits of the one offering. A flirty Sim could kindly offer a kiss without the negative romance when turned down by just trying to kiss. A cleanly Sim could offer to clean a mess as slobby Sim can beg for help cleaning their mess.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I want soooo many interactions, they all just left my mind right now. But one I can think of, I want other sims to tell me why they're in a negative mood. You can try to calm them down or discuss their mood (if you have Parenthood) but they don't tell you what's up, like with dogs. If an NPC is starving, I'd like to be able to know and, idk, feed them.