Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smog Vacuum Question

I cheated to get the smog vacuum through bb.showhiddenobjects but the game won't let my sim put it in his inventory. Is this item not allowed to be used for cheats?

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    It might not be a playable object. I noticed some of the objects that you "cheat" for are strictly for show when I thought I could use a fireplace, but discovered that it didn't have any interactions with it.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    You need to make it smaller so that is fits on a sales table. Once it is on a sales table select clear table and the vacuum will go into your inventory.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You need to make it smaller so that is fits on a sales table. Once it is on a sales table select clear table and the vacuum will go into your inventory.

oh weird. Then my sim will be able to use it no problem?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Yes. I did the same thing with my sim and worked just fine.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Yes. I did the same thing with my sim and worked just fine.

That's good.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited June 2020

Tried it and it worked. I never thought to do that. You're a genius!
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Tried it and it worked. I never thought to do that. You're a genius!

yup same. worked great!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Thank you!

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • happilyjuleshappilyjules Posts: 1 New Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > You need to make it smaller so that is fits on a sales table. Once it is on a sales table select clear table and the vacuum will go into your inventory.

OMG You just saved me sooooo much frustration!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Best tip! Thank you! :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79