Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-playability?

My sim couple has done everything there is to be done for Eco Living. Civil career. Made it to level 10 of crafting career. made candles and fizzy juice up the wahoo. Started in an empty apartment to a container home to a 4 bedroom fully furnished house. They have over $50,000 and living comfortably. I don't know what else to do with them. I'm thinking to start a new save cause I have ideas for other gameplay that don't involve eco living. Has anyone been able to replay Eco? I don't have much desire to keep playing because I don't have a goal. I need a goal. lol

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    It is the same with most packs. The way I try to increase replay value is by mixing two or three packs. I dunno like a wizard who wants to be a famous eco friendly activist :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm currently using GTW with EL and having fun running a second hand shop. My sims dumpster dives in the evening and anything "good" they find goes up for sale in their shop. :)

@jimbbq advice for mixing packs is good advice. I also think an expansion is better when you can mix it with other packs. The game should be cohesive (IMO) and I'm find EL to be pretty good at that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    When you put it like that it sounds like a scripted game with a predetermined start and ending. I have a different approach to EPs, in that I try to incorporate elements of them in my game, so there's a bit of everything in there. With so much money you could start an eco friendly restaurant that serves bug recipes only in a romantic candle lit environment. Or a funeral shop that sells candles, flowers and coffins.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    I play inventing stories with elements from whatever pack. That's why i never feel the lack of replayability and i like to have all packs. Stories can get really complex.
    I've never played a pack in it's entirity in one go. There are things from packs that i bought early on that i never used yet. I still can implement all dlc in my game and i'll still find new stuff.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    As Sims is no streamlined do mission 1 then 2 etc game, but there to think about what you want to do today with your sims, yes there is replayability in this "limited" content. Its a sandbox, or at least dollhouse game, you just need a little bit of imagination to set your own goals.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    My sim couple has done everything there is to be done for Eco Living. Civil career. Made it to level 10 of crafting career. made candles and fizzy juice up the wahoo. Started in an empty apartment to a container home to a 4 bedroom fully furnished house. They have over $50,000 and living comfortably. I don't know what else to do with them. I'm thinking to start a new save cause I have ideas for other gameplay that don't involve eco living. Has anyone been able to replay Eco? I don't have much desire to keep playing because I don't have a goal. I need a goal. lol

Yeah the packs are kind of small in The Sims 4 so you won't be spending days and months of exploring the new pack like you would have done with like The Sims 3 Ambitions etc.

You do have to incorprate the pack into your normal gameplay pretty quickly nowadays and keep thinking of new ways to use the pack again and again and again if you want your money's worth.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have the opposite problem in that there are elements in the pack that I won't see for a long time, because they do not fit any of my households. Okay, one element specifically, candlemaking. I'd have to create a new sim for that or age a child up, because none of my existing sims is interested in this craft.

As for suggestions, did you try off grid gameplay already? Maybe make a sim whose career absolutely requires electricity (a blogger or writer) and try to supply them with enough power. You might want to restrict yourself to income from this particular career only, no selling collectables etc.

Or let the N.A.P.s run their course and try to adapt by really incorporating all of them into your sim's lifestyle, not just paying the penalty in case of unwanted ones.

Converted a whole world to eco/industrial yet? Although that might be bugged atm. I managed to create an industrial footprint, but not eco. The meter is just stuck at -88 neighborhood footprint, despite all individual households sitting nicely at the max (-500).
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I made my world green and got all the cosmetic upgrades and then it was a bit of a "now what?" scenario. Eco Lifestyles one of the few packs that you can actually "finish". When the worlds green you've basically done with the pack and there's not really much more point to it
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Yeah, I made my world green and got all the cosmetic upgrades and then it was a bit of a "now what?" scenario. Eco Lifestyles one of the few packs that you can actually "finish". When the worlds green you've basically done with the pack and there's not really much more point to it

Maybe you need a new story idea. Just because you went through all the gameplay elements doesn't mean there's no replayability.
    Onverser wrote: »

Sort of. It's not like Sulani where once it's green, that's it. If you want to clean Sulani again, you need a new save. With EL you can move it back to neutral or industrial so it doesn't have to be "finished".
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I wanted to play a save where I use only the negative aspects of EL. The negative NAPS (well, roughousing, industrial, etc) Negative Sim traits, criminal job. Just to see what it turns out to be.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I probably have a different play style, and I don't have eco living yet, but I don't see any pack as a checklist of "stuff to do" It's all set dressing for personal challenges (many of which are somewhat fluid in their "rules" and restrictions) and stories. A given pack may allow more options or make a particular story line easier to play out.

I mean, I once played through Strangerville three times in the same save (several generations apart, but still) because it made sense at the time.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2020
    @aaronrulz wrote: »

I believe Replayability depends a lot on player style and the player's willingness to modify that style and explore new aspects of a game. Especially in a Sims game, as it is one of the few games that has no linear Storyline. No right way or wrong way. No start, no finish, unless the player decides to do so.
    As a player you could choose to focus on a pack's limitations, or focus on how that pack can extend your game experience by finding new ways of play.

EDIT:

To me personally, every pack that I install becomes part of 'The Game'. I don't see them as separate entities once they are there. That way I'm constantly discovering new things that I didn't know existed. I'm not playing 'Eco LifeStyle' or 'Island Living'. I'm playing a story that may use all or none of the features of any pack. There are so many assets of packs that I haven't played yet.

Some very interesting comments and advice in this thread. I hope some offer you a way to make game play engaging again.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Camkat , you just saved this save for me! A thrift store of sorts and sell dumpster diving items! LOVE IT! its great cause my sims have money to buy a small retail building. I'll even put in mannequins with "thrift store" type clothing options and pretend they are old clothes or something. Thanks everyone!
    @Camkat , you just saved this save for me! A thrift store of sorts and sell dumpster diving items! LOVE IT! its great cause my sims have money to buy a small retail building. I'll even put in mannequins with "thrift store" type clothing options and pretend they are old clothes or something. Thanks everyone!

I like your mannequins and clothing idea too! Nice touch!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I play inventing stories with elements from whatever pack. That's why i never feel the lack of replayability and i like to have all packs. Stories can get really complex.
    I've never played a pack in it's entirity in one go. There are things from packs that i bought early on that i never used yet. I still can implement all dlc in my game and i'll still find new stuff.

This is what I do too. I'm constantly playing with all the packs I have.
    Also playing with some cc aspirations is also a good way to refresh the game
    jimbbq wrote: »

any good cc aspiration sites to direct me to?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like the CC that helps give sims more personalities it makes it fun to see what they will do.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I use this

https://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=Aspirations&go=Go&gs=4&f=38

Sadly some of them are not working anymore due to game update.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    When you put it like that it sounds like a scripted game with a predetermined start and ending. I have a different approach to EPs, in that I try to incorporate elements of them in my game, so there's a bit of everything in there. With so much money you could start an eco friendly restaurant that serves bug recipes only in a romantic candle lit environment. Or a funeral shop that sells candles, flowers and coffins.

Don't have EL yet but I try to do the same with packs. I've been thinking about more stay-at-home parents who do things like freelance writing or painting while the other parent works; once I get the pack I can maybe have them craft items instead.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Maybe one wants to be a world-famous fisherman who crafts his own fishing equipment?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Here are some modders who have updated several aspirations:
    MarlynSims
    KiaraSims
    Ilkavelle

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Maybe one wants to be a world-famous fisherman who crafts his own fishing equipment?

What fishing equipment can you craft? I haven't seen anything about crafting fishing equipment. I have been wanting to do the fish collectible but watching your sim fish forever to catch things is quite boring.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Here are some modders who have updated several aspirations:
    MarlynSims
    KiaraSims
    Ilkavelle

I just wanted to say Thank You! I am also looking for new aspirations and these are gamechanger for me. Thank You Very Much <3