Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vintage Newcrest Year 1

12345679...Next

Comments

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Bloosmoo I know! And Joey and Irene were having such a nice time up until that point.

I totally forgot about the kids dancing on adult feet animation--that was so cute. It really feels like new iterations of the game always take something away for every new thing they give us, so it's not really progress. That's why I'm not anxious for Sims 5 to come out. Sims 4 forever! haha
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    New Years: Tell Me You Love Me

There has been a lot of yelling and commotion going on over by the door, and it has attracted attention, but not from Manny and Vivian. They’ve been in their own little love bubble and have not come up for air from their kiss since midnight. They finally stop kissing.

92124d036d13e630ca35ceec74a33612f46f9183.png
    Vivian: Tell me you love me.
    Manny: I love you so much. (suddenly worried) Oh no, do I not say it enough?
    Vivian: No, you say it enough, I just needed to hear it again.
    Manny: I love you, I love you, I love you. I promise I’ll say I love you more next year. I’ll say it as soon as you wake up (gives Vivian a quick kiss on the lips), while you’re brushing your teeth (kiss), while you’re eating breakfast (kiss), while you’re…
    Vivian: (laughing) Okay, okay. That’s sweet, but I think it would get a little annoying for both of us. I love you, too. Let’s go rejoin the party.
    Manny: Oh, is there a party going on around us? I thought we were the only two people in the world. (smiles and kisses Vivian again)
    Vintage Newcrest Year 1 Complete; Preparing for Year 2

c0d05c3172fc4d9668718a11dce802bb4d6d6bc4.png
    That concludes Year 1 of the Vintage Newcrest story. There will be a short gap before Year 2 is up only because I want to write some behind-the-scenes stuff like backstory and plot arcs.

I'll also be updating some sims' facial cc for a more realistic look, creating new lots, and uploading a few existing lots and sims to the gallery. If there are any lots or sims you've seen in the story that you want, let me know. You can ask for more than one sim, but keep in mind I’ll probably upload them as single sims.

For Year 2, I've decided I probably won't post full scenes because the way the forum is set up just makes it too much of a hassle to do the pictures and formatting. Instead, I'll most likely post links to a blog, like I've seen other people do.

I'll be posting related stuff in this thread, like sneak peaks of new sims (making Manny's many Sulani-dwelling relatives now!), upload notifications, and stuff like that. Once I'm ready to start Year 2, I'll mark this thread as complete and start a new one. :smiley:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Aww I'll miss the thread but I will come and mither on your blog as well :) and I wholly agree, Sims 4 forever.
    @Bloosmoo Thank you for sticking with me through the whole thing! I really enjoyed and appreciated your comments throughout. Also, I've never heard of the word "mither" before, but I looked it up, and I love it. I'm going to start using it!
    Yeah it's a north of London word, I forget it's slang lol. Glad to have introduced you too it though. I've seriously enjoyed reading Vivians antics, the questions about the story and it's characters an your writing. Soooo thanks for sharing it with us all :)
    @Bloosmoo Hey thank you for saying that. It means a lot to me. :)
    Working on builds. This is what the Llama Lagoon section of Newcrest (bottom left) looks like:

664a0b4fd5fb5ff80d0373f1117969d8eeac897b.png
    Le Grande Maison Apartments. The cheapest apartments in Newcrest County with the grandest name. This is where Joey Darby lives.

b6a83cdb1c7d73354036899f2e184037d5fdac31.png
    The view of the gas station (complete with convenience store and mechanic shop) from the apartments.

3e97d1b7cfbfa55bfbe32c4ea2f0405894f35aa6.png
    The bowling alley that Joey owns and where Martha works part time (Incredibowl).

244276411635bfcda946fef98d4d46928cf797f2.png
    An overview showing the park which has a playground, picnic area, skating (ice in the winter, rollerskating in the summer), a public pool, and a basketball court.
    Wow you have been busy! I like the apartment complex and the gas station idea. They look like nice, everyday appartments you could see walking around. I like that vibe very much, life isn't all mansions and it's a nice way of building on the larger lots.
    @Bloosmoo Thanks! I usually try to look at google images of real buildings before I start a build to try to get that "real world" feeling.
    edited June 2020
    Lookbook: Vivian Year 1

49a8fb0935c07547c0947e9845394df286d7d82f.png
    1. Post Office After Work
    2. Ice Skating

03618327997800a1e3d9eaa4c472aa5d84ba5de5.png
    3. Building a Snowpal
    4. Riding the Trolley at Night

c5a46fcf3867c19adef7ebbd5e86a48f7f3cf791.png
    5. Office, Black and Grey
    6. Office, Olive Green

cca80a76569836a7c08168260ee6c4f99f35ca75.png
    7. Ladies Afternoon
    8. Fall BBQ

f5d400eeee4272577b1a47ab4c3913f8774492d2.png
    9. Bowling Double Date
    10. Honeymoon at Magnolia Promenade

3b66fa81ef2279d12ea5b023f2f5012092b693c8.png
    11. Bachelorette Party
    12. Wedding Day

fbfd53d91d74d42d28a2fe9e58eb78d427bcbe79.png
    13. Winter PJs
    14. Red Nightie

47b0056359ebc5ceff04d1effb57127ba5a39254.png
    15. Winterfest Party with Watch

CC:

Direct links on my Tumblr here.

1. Post Office After Work
    Miss Autumn Coat by saurussims on Tumblr
    Circumference Skirt by leeleesims1​ on Tumblr

2. Ice Skating
    1920s Cloche Hat 1 by happylifesims on Tumblr found on historychallengecc on Tumblr
    Scarf No. 3 by liliili-sims on Tumblr
    Miss Autumn Coat by saurussims​ on Tumblr
    Boots MMD04 by astya96cc on Tumblr

3. Building a Snowpal
    Scarf No. 3 by liliili-sims on Tumblr
    Miss Autumn Coat by saurussims on Tumblr
    Potion Pants by trillyke on Tumblr
    Boots MMD04 by astya96cc on Tumblr
    (Hat is from Seasons pack)

4. Riding the Trolley at Night
    Kyra Coat by Belal1997 at TSR
    Studded Flat Shoes by liliili-sims​ on Tumblr

5. Office, Black and Grey
    Marina Skirt by Elfdor at TSR
    Irene Shoes by astya96cc on Tumblr

6. Office, Olive Green
    Holup Top by trillyke on TSR
    Pippa Mid Length Skirt, Solid Version by trillyke on Tumblr​

7. Ladies Afternoon
    LMCS Empire Tops by lisaminicatsims​ at TSR

8. Fall BBQ
    Manuea Pinny Autumn by Nueajaa at TSR
    Puzzle Pants by trillyke​ on Tumblr

9. Bowling Double Date
    Egoist Top by trillyke on Tumblr
    Pippa Mid Length Skirt, Solid Version by trillyke​ on Tumblr

10. Honeymoon at Magnolia Promenade
    Buttons n’ Belt Dress by leeleesims1​ on Tumblr
    Classic Mule by Slyd at TSR

11. Bachelorette Party
    Paloma Dress Recolor Floral by coloresurbanos​ at TSR
    You’ll need the original mesh

12. Wedding Day
    Eugenia Dress Recolor 1 by coloresurbanos​ at TSR
    You’ll need the original mesh

13. Winter PJs
    Moonwalk Pajama Shirt by trillyke on Tumblr
    Moonwalk Pajama Pants by trillyke on Tumblr

14. Red Nightie
    Seliece Underwear by jomsimscreations at TSR

15. Winterfest Party with Watch
    Spring Fling Dress by leeleesims1​ on Tumblr
    Watch 202005 by S-Club at TSR

Good God that was so much work to identify and track down the cc items. Why isn’t there some code that lets us right-click an item in CAS to see the file name?? That would make my life so much easier.

Joey is on the gallery. No cc. Screenname is the same (QueenOfMyshuno). Feel free to edit and/or re-upload. I would love to see him in screenshots if you remember to tag me.

ba3bea8f19dfe89d2d429f5a5859e498b73485e7.png
    c10e9af5a6a2ce91243eeb40525bdac7db2f669b.png
    Joey was born in Newcrest and still lives there today. He has had the same best friend, Manny, since kindergarten. His mom left him (to be a “free spirit,” whatever that means) when he was a toddler, and he has only seen her a few times since. His dad provided for his basic needs, but was more interested in running the retail businesses he owned than raising a child.

Joey was over at Manny’s house all the time as a child, and Manny’s parents practically raised him, and he also raised himself. For that reason, he’s very independent, but he also has a hard time forming close bonds with people. Manny is his closest and most long-lasting relationship.

Joey is a heterosexual serial monogamist and a smooth talker. His term of endearment for every one of his girlfriends is “Doll.” The passionate, whirlwind romances he has usually burn themselves out pretty quickly. Sometimes he ends them, but usually the woman does. To be honest, he’s pretty much ready for them to leave when they go. There are a lot of interesting and beautiful women in Newcrest County, and Joey wants to meet them all.

He’s kindhearted and doesn’t set out to hurt anyone. He also doesn’t lie to the women he’s with. He tells them from the start that he’s “not the marrying type,” and he never says “I love you” unless he means it. (He has never said “I love you.”) He does get sad sometimes after a breakup, but it’s less about missing the girlfriend than it is about feeling alone in the world.

The two things his dad did teach him were how to run a business (Joey often helped out at his dad’s businesses when he was younger) and how to smoke. Joey excelled at both. When Joey turned 18, his dad moved away from Newcrest. His dad gave one of his businesses, a bowling alley called Incredibowl, to Joey and told Joey he was a man now and needed to make it on his own (subtext: don’t come asking me for money).

Joey hired a reliable manager and oversees the business while the manager does the day-to-day work. Joey works about 8 to 10 hours a week, and is able to live the lifestyle he wants off the income. He doesn’t make a huge amount of money, but he makes enough to rent an apartment, wine and woo women, and keep his motorcycle well maintained. What more could a person ask for?

Joey plays the drums and sometimes goes camping and fishing with his guy friends. He has a small circle of friends he hangs out with, and he also has friends in the Wharf Crew, a motorcycle gang based out of Brindleton Bay. He is street smart and is good at repairs. He likes watching sports and listening to music. He’s not into reading. He works out at a boxing gym, and he’s a member of the Bear Lodge, a fraternal social club.

Joey is going to be a contestant in the Love Island Challenge by colourfullsims​ on Tumblr. He doesn’t expect to meet the love of his life, and while the cash would be nice, it’s not really a motivator for getting on the show. His girlfriend just broke up with him, and he thought the show would get his mind off of things and maybe be a fun adventure. If he doesn’t win, it’s fine--maybe he can console the other losers?

CC (not shown) and Poses
    Eyebrows N15 by obscurus-sims​ on Tumblr
    Eyelashes Ver 2 by Kijiko-sims
    Eyebag F05 by S-Club on TSR
    Default Teeth by Magic-Bot on Wix
    Lips N30 by -Merci- on TSR
    Body Hair Ver 5 by luumia on Tumblr

c012eb21de0313bc6447a4b51664b8ba640f19a6.png

Poses are from exzentra​ on TSR (Male Poses 2) and from themoonglitch​ on Tumblr (Smoke Vicious Ver. 2.0).

Direct links to cc and poses on my Tumblr.
    @DeafSimmer Thank you so much! You just totally made my day. :smile:
    FYI, the Year 2 thread has been started, but I can't link to the forum post as I change the ending of the title sometimes. Just search the story board for Vintage Newcrest Y2.

You can also view it on Tumblr. Table of contents is here: https://queenofmyshuno.tumblr.com/post/641855494080888832/vintage-newcrest-toc-year-2
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    I love it!

And not just for the hats

(but seriously: THE HATS)

da63646cde2df0104f9e65b709795b770d55c4bb.png

I will be looking for year 2! Good story :)

@mightysprite Haha, thank you! I love the hats, too. Almost worth writing this era just for the hats, LOL.