Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2020
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 125 - A Chalet Getaway

@AlJay
    JNeLUjO.png
    I loved your attention to complimenting the texture and content of the surrounding area via fencing, landscaping, & rocks. The landscaping is tastefully classic and balanced. The layout of the home is well executed and interesting. The colors of the interior and exterior are fitting & balanced. The cathedral ceiling with fireplace/windows/tall modern chandelier was a great choice and creates a fantastic ‘great room’ that takes full advantage of the setting & view. Love the ceiling beams in dining room and office – very clever! There are many luxury features in this home that the family will enjoy immensely, including formal and informal social items. Your artwork is lovely!

Suggestions: I think a bit more use of trees to create some additional privacy in some areas of the yard would enhance the home. Additional art, plants and or other decorations would enhance a number of indoor and outdoor areas. Though I think it is appropriately classy, a few more ‘elegant/show-off’ yet fitting items would probably impress Mrs. Vanderclump.

@Devilariah
    xWd4jDn.png
    Love the attic for Mrs. Vanderclump’s closet! The decks and balconies are lovely and would be a wonderful and convenient way to enjoy the setting. Your nighttime pictures were very nice. The color and style choices in the home gave a modern feel on the whole, with a refreshing and light color palette.

Suggestions: You could have used more of the budget for some additional landscaping and outdoor luxuries and ‘fancy’ items to appease Mrs. Vanderclump. There were a few ‘fishbowl-ish’ pics in the slideshow.

@Talea12345
    De4O9XN.jpg
    The winding exterior decks and stairways add architectural interest and character to the chalet. The river and waterfall/fountains are a lovely touch. The abundant pine trees, foliage, and stacked rocks are also well executed.

I liked your choice of windows/wood flooring and columns. I also like the wall of candle dividers in the loft.

Suggestions: You are approximately $100,000 under budget. I think using more of the allowed money would have allowed for more enhancements of the home and property. Please remember to turn the grid off when photographing, and watch for fishbowl images. You forgot the wall covering in the sitting room.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @AlJay
    aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png

SIM ENTRIES
    @AlJay
    z53uNXK.png
    I love your Mr. & Mrs. Vanderclump! It was fun seeing them in their various clothes. Mrs. Vanderclump has some fun, lovely and interesting things to wear, but oh, my, not nearly as swanky and bright as Mr. Vanderclump’s party threads!! I also got a kick out of seeing them enjoying your lovely home!!

And Elias seems to be an interesting and talented servant… but did I see him looking at Mrs. V. in that lounge chair?? Lol!!
    3gHHX7s.png
    aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 135 - Spring Designer Showdown

@Talea12345
    7SkBhYV.jpg
    Nice modern design and, with all those plants, is very impressive. The several patios for outdoor enjoyment are very nice. I love that pool! The design of the interior is nicely decorated in sync with the item you chose. And, dedicating the top floor to the master suite is a nice touch.

Suggestions: When placing items close to a wall or fence, take care to check that it doesn’t “bleed” through to the other side. Where is the refrigerator??

@jadeiam
    c7YAIqc.png
    Georgia in the Springtime is a very classic home, and I like the way the style follows through to the interiors. Very nice layout. The separation of the cozy eat-in kitchen and the more formal dining room works well in this house. The bedrooms are a nice size, and the upstairs landing area is a great place for hobbies or a game of chess.

Suggestions: The cost of the lot that you are building on needs to be included in your total cost (in this case, the cost of Bargain Bend is $2000). The cost that shows on the gallery only covers the house and any improvements to the lot. So, adding in the cost of the lot, I’m afraid that puts you over budget.
    Your entries are judged solely on the pictures you include in your album. We encourage you to add as many pictures in your album as you think we need to see all the details of your build. Unfortunately, many areas of the house were not included, which makes it very hard to properly view your entire entry.
    You have a beautiful entry here, but both of these things take points off of your score, so please keep this in mind for future entries!

@HIGHER_DESIGN
    mtlUyY5.png
    Lovely landscaping with the two patios and play area for the children. Very nice open concept living area and nice layout throughout the house. The large laundry room is well-suited for a large family. Four full bathrooms are a great bonus! And I love the exercise room as part of the master suite!

Suggestions: Since this was turned in after the challenge was closed, it couldn’t be counted for judging. But it was a great entry! Keep them coming!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Talea12345
    uMJzKyC.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2020
    EVxjqb3.png

Master Results for #BnS 136

@AlJay
    dlPSLos.png
    Party at the Docks really depicts who Guy really is; this home was made for parties! The build has all kinds of furniture that really suit the party theme. It also melds in perfectly with the surrounding neighborhood. Great use of clutter throughout the home, and I love the custom video-game themed paintings you made for the living room. I am astounded by how much thought you put in placing the custom paintings throughout the home. The interiors make great use of complementary colors and contrasts, and they all go well together.

Suggestions:
    I personally don’t see anything that needs to be improved here. This is definitely a build that fits right in the Master category!.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @AlJay
    aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 136 - A Tiny Hangout

@Talea12345
    bKiz3mf.png
    You were so very creative with this build and able to fit so much into a tiny space. The layout works very nicely with such a small space and you added many nice details. You even thought to include the mechanical items on the roof. I like that you have added many windows to Guy’s house. It really gives it a nice open feel.

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see a little bit of terrain paint used. It really makes the landscape come alive. Although it looks beautiful, it is also important that the build is functional.

☆ @ pronterus ☆
    bXBfJO0.png

One-Man Hangout has a great design! The casual landscaping looks very nice with the style of build. On the interior, you have made great use of the small space, even being able to add a small ¼ bathroom on the main floor. Your choice of colors works very well together and you have just the right amount of clutter. I was very impressed by the way you made the bathroom and the study area using a skylight.

Suggestions: Privacy in the full bathroom may be an issue with the big window and although a computer was not mandatory, I would think that Guy would enjoy having one for his schooling but I understand that a budget does make that difficult.

☆ @ Devilariah ☆
    Spoiler : N/A
    You have designed a wonderful home for guy. To make the house appear to be on a rocky hill is a great idea. The exterior design is very nice, especially the way you have made the deck off of the bedroom. I like the loft look you have created for his bedroom and it is nice that you have given him a spacious kitchen and an open concept living area. The cactus plants in the pots are a nice touch.

Suggestions: Your entry was incomplete, so I found it on the gallery and took a peek. It would have been nice to see a few more clutter items to fill the kitchen or maybe some upper cabinets. Also adding some terrain paint around your firepit and the stone path would look really nice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @pronterus
    RFMU5Ot.jpg?1

CONGRATULATIONS @pronterus on your promotion to Master level!
    3gHHX7s.png

SIM ENTRIES
    @Talea12345
    kCjaahh.png
    Guy and his parents look like a lovely family. You have created a wonderful story to go along with them. His character traits suit him very well, as well as his parents. Nice idea to have the family keep Margarete’s noble name!
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @Talea12345
    2mgTBbO.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks for the promotion @BuildnShare ! Congrats to the other people who participated!
    EVxjqb3.png

Master Results for #BnS134 - Hawthorne X: The Ravenwoods

@AlJay
    PEdwsdV.png
    Timeless Beauty is an exceptional Victorian gem. Your landscaping and object choices are very befitting this style of home. I would imagine the Ravenwoods would feel right at home here. You did a great job making sure that the Ravenwoods needs were met. The floorplan is accurate for an 1880’s home and the outhouse is a nice touch. The separate workshop for Lord Ravenwood is a great addition. Great job!

Suggestions: Timeless Beauty is an exceptional build and I struggled to find suggestions for it, but here goes… I think it is great that you thought to put fireplaces on each level, however I would question having a window over the fireplace in the bathroom. Wood burning fireplaces would use the space behind and above for the flue and venting. I think it would be nice to have a seating area near the fountain. A bench would be fine, just somewhere that you could sit enjoying the flowers and listening to the fountain.

@Kittkat7147
    JdvCYwZ.png
    Ravenwood Roost is a splendid steampunk inspired Victorian home. Your choice of exterior wall coverings is spot on! Your interior item choices are inspired. Including Mrs. Ravenwood’s artwork adds a great personal touch. The steam powered icebox made me chuckle. You have just the right amount of clutter. Job well done!

Suggestions: From what I can see of your build, you put a lot of thought into it. Your slideshow however, was lacking overhead shots of the floor plan and there was only 1 picture of the exterior. I didn’t see any pictures of Lord Ravenwood’s workshop. The slideshow is what we judge from, so if you don’t show us something, then we don’t know that it’s there.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @AlJay

aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare :) and congratulations to all the winners and everyone who participated. You are all so creative!
    Congratulations as well @pronterus on you promotion.
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 136 - A Tiny Hangout

@Pinkusfamily
    sZjoVf0.jpg
    Lots of kerb appeal with this tiny home, looks great! You’ve created a good layout which provides the sim with a lot of space while still meeting the small footprint, and love your choice of budget furniture items - the used and a bit mismatched feel to them fits perfectly with the vibe of him being a student. The area is beautifully landscaped and suits the build well, and the large hang out area will be great for Guy’s parties. Excellent use of every inch of this tiny footprint, well done!

Suggestions: Not a whole lot to add with this one! Possibly a different choice of decorative wall next to the toilet (rather than one that can be seen through) might make visiting sims feel a little more comfortable about doing their business!

@PINKLADY1
    3aTWbZr.png
    A beautiful tiny home! The house and its’ exterior landscaping suit amazingly well, and you’ve got a good layout for the build that works well for the space created. The bike by the porch way looked really cute and I was impressed that you fit a ping pong table so easily as well as a car! Inside is also nicely done, love the huge breakfast art painting, great impact.

Suggestions: Although the interior was decorated nicely, it seemed more suited to an older sim rather than a teen student – using some clutter around your build would help add personality. Please try and add at least a few labels to your slideshow, they form part of the judging and help us understand your design choices better.

@wendyology
    TPNQ1W9.jpg
    The layout you have used suits the house and style well, and the yard looks great. Inside you managed to create the feeling of it being a student home by creating spaces that are mismatched and do not always fit together, while still some how working to create one space, and using that lovely stairway to separate the areas works very well. I love the idea of using the balconies as creative space for Guy, nice!

Suggestions: It was hard to see the exterior of your build as there was only shots of the doorway and the balconies, we judge based on the slideshow so it’s really important you show us the whole of your build. Likewise with labels, using at least a few helps us understand your design choices better.

@Archer_Girl
    xt0rlXS.png
    The house and landscape suit the environment which they are in perfectly and the outdoor party/hangout area is cool and well suited to a male student (nice touch with the fireworks too!). The modern design and layout of the interior is well done and makes it seem like there is a lot more space than there really is. Nicely colour coordinated through and I love what you’ve done with the open upper floor!

Suggestions: You added some nice exterior touches to your build but it still seemed a little blocky – hard to avoid with the style that you chose but try insetting a window or two, or creating a small balcony to break up the shape. More clutter would have helped bring Guy’s personality to the lovely interior.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @Pinkusfamily
    EoCmnrT.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@wendyology
    8iWFvWL.png
    I love the whole family backstory you created in just one line, perfect! It’s great that Guy is keeping up gardening skills while living on his own too, keeping his connection to home while finding his independence….but he looks like he’s enjoying the gaming and romancing more! Not quite sure about that party outfit, but who am I to argue with a teen boys mad choices haha. Great job!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @wendyology
    uzJVF99.png?1
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Thank you for your feedback. I agree 100% with your assessment of the "block" needing something more to define it. I just couldn't make it come together the way I wanted and I wasn't willing to sacrifice the windows and doors I used. REALLY looking forward the update that's coming so that we can move our doors and windows where we want. It's going to be a major problem solver for me as a builder.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners..

I enjoyed seeing all the albums, Everyone is so creative !

Thank you Build N Share !
    I am honored !

I can't wait for June's Challenge !
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 137 - Star Struck

@Archer_Girl
    kH2OZf9.png
    You did a wonderful job on your presentation; you got some great shots of the storm! Including the color palette was a great idea. The nautical theme that you chose worked very well with the house design and world placement. The house had a nice layout that flowed really well together and you added a nice amount of clutter, it felt lived in but not overdone. I especially enjoyed the fun and quirky décor of the master bedroom.
    Suggestions: I don’t have many suggestions for you. One thing I did notice was that a couple of your bathroom rugs on the second level seemed to be placed to the side rather than in the center of the room. Also adding a mat outside to the side entrance would have looked really nice.

@SimTresa
    MQY4nuq.png
    You have made a very nice grand foyer to the home by making it cover two levels. It is great that you have added a hobby room to the house. I like that you have given Diana a beautiful big kitchen and lots of space for entertaining. The laundry room was very well done and your color choices worked nicely together.
    Suggestions: I found that you may have made some of the rooms larger than they would have needed to be. When you scale them down a bit it is easier to fill the rooms with extras and also saves money for other fun things.

@KitelDesigns
    WBSXzLD.png
    Your country home looks very nice. You made good use of space and the layout flowed together well. Your bathrooms were beautiful and I liked the rich wood tones that you used in the home. Having a garden was a nice idea and it is great that you were even able to give Diana three spare bedrooms.
    Suggestions: I would have liked to see an indoor dining area, as well as a few more decoration items throughout the house, maybe some lamps on the night stands.

@OccipitalLobe
    FGrvnJ9.png
    You have done a wonderful job of the landscaping for this build. The office area inside is beautifully done the way you have created the bay window and added the plants. The furniture choice for this house works well to give this home a bright and comfortable feel.
    Suggestions: Some of the furniture placements on the main floor seemed a bit awkward, such as the couch in the corner and the dining room table seemed too close to the door.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    RUcRMS0.jpg
    This house will be great for Diana to entertain in. You have added so many wonderful activities for them to enjoy inside and out. The dark wood gives this house a warm feel but you have added enough color to still make it seem bright. The beams in the living room are a nice feature. You have decorated this house very nicely and have added a lot of nice detail to this build.
    Suggestions: I really don’t know what to suggest except that the dark wood paneling on the walls may have taken away from the bright feeling that Diana was looking for.

@Wendyology
    KAEE5B0.jpg
    You have given Diana a very nice country home. The front entry is very well done and the house has a nice flow to it. It has a great space for entertaining in the living room. The kitchen is spacious and the island for guests to sit at. The color scheme of the house works very well and feels bright and cheery.
    Suggestions: I think more curtains throughout the house would have looked nice as well as adding rugs to the spare bedrooms.

@JosieAnglin
    OJoKsq0.png
    The layout of your house is very unique and worked very nicely, having the guest bedrooms on the one side of the house separate from the master suite. The accents of purple looked very nice throughout the house and the entertainment room was a great idea. It was nice to see an outdoor bar and dance floor as well.
    Suggestions: I was disappointed to see that you were unable to do any landscaping. For future challenges I would highly recommend that you check out the bb.showliveeditobjects cheat as there are so very many free and fun landscaping objects to try out.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Pinkusfamily

Second place goes to: @Archer_Girl

gCjOMr3.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@JosieAnglin
    8hQrobV.png
    You have created a very nice and cozy room for entertaining. The dark furniture and light floors complement each other nicely. The fireplace is a nice feature and it is great that you added the globe bar.
    Suggestions: It would have been nicer if the one rug wasn’t placed under the fireplace or you could have possibly added larger rug on the floor instead.

@Wendyology
    WUFtcl6.png

This room really does have a comfortable rustic feel to it. Your choice of yellow and white color scheme works very well to give this room a cheerful feeling atmosphere. It is nice that you have added quite a few musical instruments for entertaining with.
    Suggestions: I really like the room just the way it is. But you could have added a bit more of the dark wood in the room to compliment the windows and doors for something different.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @Wendyology

uzJVF99.png?1

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

Thank you so much! The submissions for this challenge were all so amazing and creative, I'm totally shocked but obviously happy about placing 2nd. Your feedback about a rug at the side entrance is exactly correct and it seems so obvious now that you've said it but I stared at that stupid door forever and couldn't figure out what was missing and just gave up. Sometimes you just can't see the tree for the forest...and sometimes you just need to quit getting so stoned when you play Sims. Thank you again!
    Congratulations everyone !

Congratulations Winners !

Thank you @BuildnShare !

Stay safe & well all !

Diane Pinkus
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Congratulations! A very competitive field with so many beautiful houses.
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 137 - Star Struck

@icanhassims
    jCsAJU6.png
    I love the front contouring of Celebrity Chalet, the way the shaped front of the building flows into the curved decking makes for immediate interest in your build, and the natural pond swimming pool really helps creates the rural getaway feel and is very nicely done. Lovely use of colour throughout the interior and the layout of your open plan area works well – as does the overall layout of the build. Great idea to create an entertaining balcony for Grace’s parties, lots of space for dancing and makes the most of the fabulous view.

Suggestions: I’d have liked to see more shots showing the outside of you build, we judge the exterior and interior equally and the extra pics would be very helpful. I loved the idea of using the upper hallway area for the llama game but on it’s own it feels kind of like it’s just filling a space – squeezing your budget a bit to put a little more deco up here would have made it feel like an extra room and added a lot of impact for not much extra work.

@HEW310
    HFgtmgY.jpg
    What a lovely memorial to Grace’s mom! I enjoyed your garden with the tree pool and shaded picnic area very much, and love the pops of colour from the porch furniture. Great job with creating an interesting shape for the house and good choice of windows and doorway – it’s a very attractive build. Lovely use of wall colour inside makes it feel light and airy in your open plan, and I like that you’d kept consistency with the colour pop furniture theme.

Suggestions: Continuing your use of the terrain paint from around the house to your garden wall, furniture and pool would give more depth to your outdoor areas and help with making them feel more realistic. There seemed to be a lot of empty space in your rooms, making your home a couple of squares smaller can actually make it easier to decorate and feel a lot cosier.

@MaryKup
    C5Gumnc.png
    You’ve made a very lovely plot for Diana Grace, with good use of the space and using terrain paint to create the flowerbeds, paths and patio. Nice layout for the interior and it’s great that you got a study in there too. Lovely use of deco and clutter throughout the home really adds personality to your build. I enjoyed seeing Diana greet and hang out with her friends, looks like they were all enjoying their visit!

Suggestions: The angle of some of your shots made it a little tricky to see the detail in your rooms – there’s a link to great guide to help with this one the first page of thread. Your curved terrain paths got a little wonky at times – these are always tricky! Getting them smooth is mostly just practise but try using top down view and and the lightest setting (or one notch down) to build up where you need to.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @HEW310
    IdTY7fW.jpg?2
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    rozTMro.png
    The reason for Diana’s (in)famy made me laugh! Such a beautiful sim and I thought your outfit choices matched the character this suggested very well. I very much enjoyed seeing her in her lovely new home – I did wish that I could have seen her with her friends too though.

@HEW310
    khqIjvT.png
    Your back story for Diana made me catch a breath, such a loss but such inspiring words for her to live by! Such fun that she also has her own clothing line to hep save the environment too. Lovely outfit choices for this celeb, and she looks like she’s enjoying her new home!
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @HEW310
    IdTY7fW.jpg?2
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    OF8HTxD.png
    You created a lovely living room for Diana that did a great job of capturing the request for colour without being overpowering – well done! My only advice is that when you are creating a room with a few stand out pieces of colour such as your seating and the curtains, it has more impact if those items tone together and coordinate. Great job though!
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @icanhassims
    hUngYP9.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Thank you for the feedback! Congrats to @icanhassims as well! Can't wait for more challenges! :smiley:
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Great feedback as usual! Thank you for always taking the time to really evaluate our entries. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you so much for the feedback on my last build. My computer broke, so it has taken me a while to be able to get back into my game. I'll have to download that lot from the gallery and play test that chair in the corner. Thanks a bunch for the info on the season change. I hate when fall ruins my screen shots. Also a big congrats to everyone on their placements and promotions. Beautiful builds!! I'm a bit behind but I should be able to do this next one no problem.
    edited July 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out #BnS 138

@icanhassims☆
    8IgQfZT.png
    Comments
    Contemporary Sulani is as beautiful as the setting! It looks so simple and unassuming on the outside, but the interior is a pleasant surprise. You’ve managed to combine comfort and luxury. I love the waterful. Clever use of the volcanic rocks to make a path to the entrance. I never would have thought of putting a castle in a ‘sandbox’! Great idea! Love the aquarium with the ocean pictures nearby, that was perfect. With so many choices of entertainment, the family and their guests will never be bored. The first floor patio looks luxurious. The media room looks fun and colorful. Great idea putting it near the playroom. Jett’s room is so cute, good job finding a use for those frog wall decorations. Aww, love the mannequins and wardrobe, Jade’s off to an early start on her fashion career! Great color choices in the kids’ bath.The master suite looks so comfy. Nice and roomy.
    The view from the meditation deck is breathtaking. That greenhouse looks like a lot of fun to walk through. I can just imagine listening to music while enjoying the views fron the scenic gallery room.
    Suggestions:
    Be mindful of room sizes. Your gym and dining room in particular are so large that they seem empty. I think some plants along the wall between the pantry and laundry room would have brightened up the space and made it look more complete.

@MaryKup☆
    qOClzQA.png
    I like the exterior look of this house, it seems well suited to its location in Brindelton Bay. The adult terrace looks bright and cheerful, great choice of colors. Love that you built terraces for the adults and the children. The bright red chairs in the dining room really brighten up the room. Nice big, bright kitchen. All the red and whte in the master bedroom is very romantic, and perfectly balanced so the red isn’t overwhelming. The master bath is luxurious. The boy’s room looks like it would appeal to a boy who likes black. The girl’s room is such a lively green without being too bright. The media room is perfect, with so many types of media to choose from. The backyard looks like lots of fun and the sunken bar is creative.
    Suggestions: Here’s a tip for taking screenshots when you don’t want any sims living on the lot: Temporarily switch the lot type to residential and have a sim visit the lot, now you can take screenshots in live mode rather than from build/buy, giving you better angles and the ability to zoom in. Please consider using debug lights to brighten up your screenshots so details are easier to see.. Although we now have free placement of windows and doors, you do still need to be careful not to place them on the same square or you’ll have issues with wall sections being visible, as in the kitchen. I would have liked to see the bedrooms reflect the occupants’ interests and personalities better.

@Trae1493☆
    cYuTfuA.png
    The exterior of the vacation home looks very sleek and modern. Nice use of the black and whtie color scheme with pops of color in the entryway. I like how you used the wall divider to separate different sections of the living room. The kitchen is well designed, especially the beverage bar. The playroom is a very unique shape, with interesting nooks and crannies. The master bath is quite luxurious. I love that you gave Jade a walk-in closet fit for a princess or a little rich girl. What a unique pool shape! Very nice garden and greenhouse, though I’m not sure they belong in a vacation home unless the owners really enjoy gardening. The play area looks like so much fun for the kids!
    Suggestions: Where did you get your lot and gallery closets from? Your gallery cost is actually 240,836, and Cypress Terrace costs 8,500 empty. Were you using the cost of a build that had been on the lot? In order to improve your screenshots, take a look at our guide here. Also, your slideshow is missing a top down view as well as layout views. I wouldn’t have thought to use that carpet in the dining room, but it works, providing a bright splash of color that draws the eye. I think the front yard would have looked better with either two fountains or two round flower gardens.Be careful when placing rugs that they’re not clipping through walls as the round one in the front entry seems to be doing. The sitting room outside the kitchen looks very dark, consider adding debug lights just for screenshots so all details are visible. The master bedroom seems a little sparse, could you have included some artwork or plants to help break up the dark walls? I would have liked to see more decor int he kids’ rooms to reflect their personalities.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @icanhassims
    hUngYP9.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@icanhassims☆
    mQQbFgA.jpg
    The playroom is so colorful and full of enough activities to keep children busy all day. It’s so well laid out, with the llama game in the center and the other big items in opposite corners. Love the wall decor. Good idea to enlarge some of the toys so they’re actually visible.
    And the winner is..icanhassims.
    hUngYP9.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@HEW310☆
    7whBq0y.jpg
    I love the backstory you created for the Golds! They’re a beautiful family. It’s great that Jade and Jett still hang out on the swings together. I love that Garnet’s formal wear represents his culture. Does he get paid extra to be a Moschino ambassador? All of Diamond’’s outfits are so stylish, again my favorite is her formal wear but I also love her everyday outfit. Jett might hate his fancy clothes, but he’s still adorable, especially trying to match his dad’s jacket. Interesting choice of hot weather wear for Jade, that sweatshirt looks too warm.

@icanhassims
    s5Co2UY.jpg
    The Golds look like a very stylish family and are clearly from money. I love that you gave Garnet and Diamond matching traits, that could work out very well or lead them to clashing. Instead of looking dated, Garnet’s formal outfit gives a sense of old money and power. Diamond looks very ladylike. The children are adorable, and Ruby looks so cute.
    And the winner is..HEW310.
    IdTY7fW.jpg?2

@icanhassims the judges have decided you're ready to be promoted to the Established category. Congratulations!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Yay! Thank you so much!! I'm really glad you enjoyed the home and playroom. :) Btw, did you mean to type icanhasmeow instead of icanhasorganic for promotion?
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Yay! Thank you so much!! I'm really glad you enjoyed the home and playroom. :) Btw, did you mean to type icanhasmeow instead of icanhasorganic for promotion?

Yes. I'm so sorry, I don't know how that happened!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2020
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results for #BnS138 - A Gem of a Vacation Home

@AlJay
    6K4y9lB.png
    The modern design architecture is both tasteful and striking. I like the use of black and white for base colors, inside and out. The infinity pool is nicely made. Love the two-story, open foyer! This would give a striking first impression.

Great job of customizing the kids’ bedrooms to their likes and needs. I want that master bed and bath! The tiles in that shower are wonderful in your slideshow (I hadn’t noticed!)! The walk-in closet is both creative and nicely designed.

I loved this home and it’s wonderfully designed. Great job!

Suggestions: Since you decided to age Jade to a teen, I would have liked the play/game room to have a bit more mature feel to the main/shared areas of it for also using to game as a teen – and with friends (Maybe a dance area, refreshments, additional ‘teen’ seating to hangout as a group that is more mature/separated from the ‘children’ area.. It mainly has the feel of being for children, aside from the deck areas. This is minor, though, and just a thought.

3gHHX7s.png
    Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@AlJay
    4mY6Wf1.png
    Your Gold family is great! Garnet is a serious cutie, and I love how you really leaned into their appearances and traits to reflect the description in the challenge. Fun to see the favorite colors reflected in their outfits also. The slideshow gave a great feel for their fit into this home. Well done, girl!!

3gHHX7s.png
    Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare your suggestions are spot on! Now I want to go back and revamp the playroom :)
    Congratulations to everyone else who participated as well. I enjoyed every single one of your builds!
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 138 - A Gem of a Vacation Home

@KitelDesigns
    LXhn818.png
    Beautiful architectural elements to this deceptively simple design, great job with using doors, windows and wall deco items to create the contrasting horizontal and vertical lines throughout. I very much liked your split level deck and the end table gazebo is fab, such a great idea! Having the outdoor and indoor dining rooms mirror each other was a nice touch. I also love the towels hanging off the drawer handle I enjoyed that the kids each had chairs in their favourite colours in the game room and you captured their preferences well in the bedrooms also. This is a lovely vacation home for the Golds, well done!

Suggestions: Some of your photos were really dark which made it difficult to see the details – it’s a bit boring waiting for midday for the best light, and worse waiting for a bright sunny day, (unless you use MCCC) but totally worth it to show off your lovely build, especially on that lot with such amazing views all around! Your planting were pretty, try adding some terrain paint under/around them to get more depth to your garden.

@SimTresa
    UqY7Vh5.png
    Lovely lines to this modern design, great use of the outdoor space for lots of holiday activities and some very pretty landscaping too! I really love how you themed the decor to fit the home’s Island location, so nicely done; the dining room looks particularly lovely, simple yet striking. Your indoor pool area looks perfect for entertaining! Nice clutter touches throughout the home bring the family’s personality to each room, and you did a great job following each sim’s design preferences for the bedrooms too. As ever, a fab slideshow A very well designed home that’s perfect for both it’s location and it’s owners, great work!

Suggestions: I would have liked to see some terrain paint around the equipment in the garden. All of the colour in the playroom was a little jarring in comparison the rest of the house, a plainer carpet with bright furniture (or plainer furniture with the bright carpet) would keep the home more cohesive.

@linzlulubell
    XUrhzcP.png
    Nice work with the terrain tool to create this glamourous multi level home and I love how you’ve created several small outdoor relaxing/enteratining areas through using plantings; I also enjoyed the lush indoor planting next to the pool. Combining the pink accents with the dark furniture worked extremely well to cater for both Mr and Mrs Gold and the very feminine dressing room in contrast to the very masculine master bath made me smile The vast vaulted lounge has great impact with the height - with the bright yellow highlights this is definitely a statement room! A well thought out vacation home for the Golds, lovely job.

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see the lovely blending of the edge of your terrain paint go the whole way around the plot. The modern angled Get Together windows seemed out of place with the wooden slatted Island windows, and didn’t match with any other windows either – with the rest of your build being so cohesive it made me wonder why you chose them? Which leads to….please add at least a few comments to your slideshow as this gives us some insight into your design choices and makes judging easier.

@Pinkusfamily
    lG3vKtV.jpg
    Really excellent work with the gardens to this home, so many areas of interest to suit the whole family while still leaving room to run around, and I love your gazebo. The home has an interesting layout and I enjoyed you window choices. Great idea to give the kids and the grown ups their own decks! The lounge/media room is beautiful and bright space for the family to share, as is the pool room with the irregular shaped pool, both very effective. The family game room is another great space, love how it opens up to both the pool and the hallway below. Great shot to end the slideshow with too! Another well designed home that will be perfect for lots of holiday entertaining, well done!

Suggestions: Just a personal preference but I would have gone a touch lighter with the terrain paint under the path paving, going over the dirt using a light covering of the sand swatch stops the stark contrast with the paving stones and feels a bit more realistic to me. The layout of your home is beautiful but as whole it didn’t have the same impact as your exterior – it took me a while to work out why, but I think you may have been a just bit too exuberant with trying out the new wall coverings….maybe just using one or two mixed in with the old next time will keep the interior design flow better.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Pinkusfamily

iYVVVHM.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations to ALL the entrants !

Congratulations to the winners !

Thank you @BuildnShare !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji