Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day Is Really Fun!

Comments

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I replaced the gym in Willow Creek with a slightly modified Perfect Balance Spa, and made it my club's hangout. Now Eliza Panacakes and her chums are fit, trim, mellow, and pampered. And if they get bored, there's fishing and sometimes a skating rink right outside.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I enjoy it too. It adds a lot of little details, like sims opening the spa day wardrobe and then changing in to their bathrobe. Its so relaxing to watch your sim doing its yoga routine with the music. Its used on a regular basis. Going to the spa is a nice hangout spot
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    LOVING this appreciation thread. Spa Day was my first game pack and I still use it heavily. The build mode items (like the modern cabinets and counters) are to die for. The pack goes great with almost every single one of my games.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    i think i will get spa day for my birthday! thanks for all the great reviews!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’m ALWAYS using BB from Spa Day in basically every build. Also, it’s fun to send a group of girlfriends to the spa for a fun afternoon, or incorporate it into a bachelorette weekend.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sim was getting too fat. 3 days with one yoga session each and she's fit and muscled.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I can't believe I never thought of having a spa as a club hangout!

I recreated the sims 3 Serenity Retreat as a spa in Sulani, but i don't think I have a spa in any other world. You peeps are making me want to add more :)

My most used spa feature is definitely yoga, especially for my stressed uni students!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love hearing about everyone having fun with this pack. ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited June 2020
    It’s so funny. So few people talk about it haha I think it’s one of the most rarely complained about packs!
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    So many people have trashed this pack (and apparently it was the lowest rated game pack). I’m so happy to see people talking positively about it. I love this pack.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I love to send my Sims to spa and make them spend the whole day in there. It's so relaxing to watch them doing yoga, having massages, baths and sauna. They will always have such positive moodlets afterwards.
    One of my Sims has a wellness club and they always meet at the spa. I love it. :)
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The massage chairs work autonomously on shop venues, without the need to call an NPC. I used them to make a beauty parlour. One day I caught one of my employees getting a foot massage, guess she was tired from standing up all day. :joy:

@crocobaura I think I have my next build idea. I didn't realize on retail lots those chairs would populate NPCs to work them. Wonder about the salon chair from GF. I have yet to use it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The massage chairs work autonomously on shop venues, without the need to call an NPC. I used them to make a beauty parlour. One day I caught one of my employees getting a foot massage, guess she was tired from standing up all day. :joy:

@crocobaura I think I have my next build idea. I didn't realize on retail lots those chairs would populate NPCs to work them. Wonder about the salon chair from GF. I have yet to use it.

I used the salon chair on the same lot but it doesn't work autonomously. :neutral: With the massage chair the lot doesn't look empty, though. You could put some coffee for sale on a counter and offer make overs to unsuspecting customers.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's one of my favorite packs -- I love the Wellness Skill and what comes with it. Yoga and meditation are great activities for elders especially; when my Sims retire I have them start painting (if they don't already) and do the wellness activities.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    One of the best executed packs. The theme might not be for everyone, and it's not something you use every time you play, but darn if they didn't pull it off beautifully! Definitely A+ for a game pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Yeah, I was doubting to buy it, watched some youtubemovies, and bought it. Been enjoying it every day since.
    The build/buy objects are also amazing! It adds some really cool stuff.

• JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    The yoga mats are also a great way to keep lazy sims in shape. They don't throw a fit about doing yoga
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Spa Day was my most favorite of my games up until I was finally able to purchase the other Gamepacks in 2018. For 4 years I wasn't allowed to purchase the Gamepacks because there was a Canadian band (red tape) to purchase Sims 4 gift cards & I didn't have an interact card to purchase online at the time.
    My fave of Spa Day was the Wellness Skill that can eventually transport a sim from one location to another & they can float in mid air. Also, I loved the Massage Table, it could get a sim to give another sim the fertile for twins. So cool.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited July 2020
    I agree that this is a great pack! I use the yoga mats and the special soaks in the bathtubs all the time. The socials discussing the wellness benefits give great moodlets, too.

I’ve been noticing a new bug with the massage chairs, though. My sim will wander over to it with nothing in their queue, and then they’ll be giving or receiving a massage from someone else on the lot. It’s annoying that there’s nothing in the queue to cancel until the massage begins.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    @Rouenpucelle You've just inspired me to do a rethink on that third floor in my Global Superstar's mansion. Right now it's a small residence should he opt to hire a butler, but I could add a sauna and some workout equipment, a couple of massage tables, etc. Then he could just hire what he needs instead of risking the crowds. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @Rouenpucelle You've just inspired me to do a rethink on that third floor in my Global Superstar's mansion. Right now it's a small residence should he opt to hire a butler, but I could add a sauna and some workout equipment, a couple of massage tables, etc. Then he could just hire what he needs instead of risking the crowds. ;)

I'm glad I inspired you. Sounds like a good idea for Erik!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Spa Day is one of my favorite and most used packs. (Pay attention EA) I like this pack because I can use the activity items both in businesses and at home. Which is the second most important thing I look for in a pack, the only thing more important is Sim personality and operation.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat are really fun to use casually and I feel like despite loving occults I've already used those more than Realm of Magic

which is funny cause i just bought them both in 50% sale after making excuses to not buy them for years

I also really love making spas tbh cause it always felt kinda sad to make gym only or pool only or beach only and my rich elders finally have a nice place to waste some moneys and get fit without dying in between
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I agree that this is a great pack! I use the yoga mats and the special soaks in the bathtubs all the time. The socials discussing the wellness benefits give great moodlets, too.

I’ve been noticing a new bug with the massage chairs, though. My sim will wander over to it with nothing in their queue, and then they’ll be giving or receiving a massage from someone else on the lot. It’s annoying that there’s nothing in the queue to cancel until the massage begins.

I noticed that you can now use the soaks in the combo bath/shower tubs -- I was away from the game for several months due to bad eyes and when I started playing again, that was a nice surprise. I like the muscle relaxing soak for my athlete Sims because it helps reduce the recovery time from workouts if they're sore.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Spa Day is honestly a great pack for rich sims, I like to include a personal spa and sauna for my rich households and hire service sims to give them massages. The wellness skill is also a great alternative to fitness if your sim would rather not jog, or use the treadmill, or punching bag, or lift weights. Newer game packs offer a better value but Spa Day still has its uses. I also often like to replace all my gyms with Spa’s instead since a spa is basically a gym with more to do.