Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What world is everyone playing in right now?

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Custom world based on Los Angeles. Original creator never finished it so it's not available anymore, but I kept it and have been adding to it for ten years. It will always be my homeworld, though thanks to Nraas I can travel to the other worlds at any time.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'll be playing in this one for my Castaway (it's not a Challenge; I don't do challenges) Story.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    I call it the worst possible place one could crash their F-14. Far enough north of the equator that you have evergreens (and four seasons)...and the way up the mountain is so foggy, you can't see your footsteps.

Screenshot-5.jpg

Yeah...newbie here...when it comes to worlds.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Twinbrook
    I'm enjoy Twinbrook right now with the One Tomato Challenge! :)
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Moonlight Falls is my main world where the core of my family lives. I always come back to it.
    But atm I play in Hylewood, Entworld, Egypt and Aurora Skies, as well, because my family travels a lot back and forth. I have all EA worlds and several custom worlds in play between which I rotate, it depends which family member I am playing.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Twinbrook
    I've really been enjoying being back in Twinbrook. Seems like EA likes the clean style but Twinbrook was them trying their hand at something more grungy and I like the result. Life is a little dirty and when things look too clean and sterile it can look like there's no signs of life, in my opinion.

@Nikkei_Simmer your other thread on the topic of this world made me laugh.

Nikkei: Forum, where can I find a world like this?
    Forum: 'incoherent rabble'
    Nikkei: Fine! I'll do it myself!

:D

I think this is impressive for someone who just started CAW. The island looks realistic to me.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Sunset Valley
    Both my current families are in Sunset Valley. One will move eventually but not until several more Sim weeks.
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm playing a family of 6 in Oasis Springs. The dad is a famous Tech Mogul and mom is a Fundraising Activist <3 But I will say this, playing 4 kids is really hard lol :p
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Appaloosa Plains
    I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains right now. I like that world a lot.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Twinbrook
    Well, I'm also in the team that plays more than one world. In this case, I have sims in Twinbrook (the last one I played), Appaloosa Plains, Starlight Shores and Lucky Palms.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I know I posted this a few days ago, but how do you simmers with households from one family in other worlds keep the families intact? I heard your sims lose all ties with the family unless you use mods.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Turjan wrote: »
    I voted SV, because that's where my main family lives. However, I also have ongoing games in Cronor (part of the main game actually), Pleasantview, Mountain Lake, Bridgewood, Paradise and Manave Isles at the moment. I use Adventureland for building purposes.

How do you have one family split into two worlds?! Two separate save files?
    No, by using the NRaas Traveler mod. The mod eliminates many of the bugs that come with vacations or trips to university, but it also allows you to use any world you want as vacation spot. Most important to your question, you can move families from one town to a different one, and Traveler makes sure all family connections and friends information stay intact. You will only be able to play one world at a time, while the other one stays frozen in the meanwhile, but time will stay synchronized (only if you want, of course), and you can switch between worlds any time by performing empty travels, which means using the travel mechanics without any sim actually traveling (traveling with a sim is, of course, also an option). The world you travel to will be updated as soon as you arrive.

This way, you can connect as many worlds as you like, although it's probably not really realistic to expect that you can juggle more than a handful at once, plus the WA worlds and university.

Thankfully I have that mod! Thanks for answering my question!!! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Riverview
    @HillyBeth I voted Riverview but is only half right am switching between it and Sunlit Tides

Also I like your hottie sim avatar. :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited June 2020
    Bridgeport
    I got my game all set up in Los Aniegos, but when I started playing, it was frozen almost as much as it ran. I gave up and decided to do some editing of Bridgeport with the world editor, and I'm playing there now. It was also stuttering some, but I finally decided to get rid of most of the personality modules for NRaas Story Progression, plus two modules for NRaas Careers. I thought those might have something to do with it, since I hadn't had issues like this before, and hadn't used any of them before. I still have one of the personalities modules, and the SP skill module, which I also didn't have before, and it is now running smoothly. I suppose I could go back to LA and try it without the mods, but I got BP set up to my liking, so I'm going to stick with it.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Sunset Valley
    I voted Sunset Valley since that's where I'm playing at the moment, but usually I tend to jump around quite a bit between different worlds, I like variation in the settings and surroundings.

Riverview is my all time favorite, with the rural feel to it and all, but I like Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides a lot too, and Twinbrook and Appaloosa Plains.

Midnight Hollow, Bridgeport and Lunar Lakes I don't care much for, and almost never play there. Aurora Skies is sort of nice, but it feels a bit too northern and cold for my taste, it was after all moulded to resemble Iceland as much as possible.

I've never played in any custom worlds, only EA made ones.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Twinbrook
    Welp, I'm movin'. Kinda disappointed as I love Twinbrook but I've just put too much effort into fixing my games performance issues and carefully selecting my CC to thwarted by EAs routing errors. Last time I played in Twinbrook it wasn't as bad because I only had EA story progression and something went wrong early on, sims didn't move out or get married or have kids. They just died. So that'll fix a lot of routing errors. I just don't want to mess with it.

I think I may try Bridgewood. I'm making an assumption that it'll work since it's an @aaronrogers8i3 world and routing errors in his worlds has always meant that I did something to screw up a lot somewhere :D otherwise they are non-existent.
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited June 2020
    None. I’m currently playing in Roaring Heights and setting it up for the second part of the 1940s in my Decades Challenge.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2020
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    I haven’t played in a few months, but I was playing in Twinbrook before I stopped, with a family which used to live in Moonlight Falls.

Right now, I’m only playing the real world. 😉

@Keiomestre
    What is the real world, sorry not up to date on things
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Appaloosa Plains
    Last time i played was in Apaloosa Plains, previously it was Setra and Mesa Grande.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    Riverview
    > @Nikkei_Simmer said:
    >It's going to be a rebuild game, where the four and their descendants try to build Sunset Valley back to its glory after everything went *poof* by some unknown reason.

Is that a challenge you've made for yourself? If it isn't, are there published rules? It sounds like a fun twist on legacy gameplay.

(Also, currently in Riverview with my legacy family).
    edited June 2020
    I don't do challenges. I just play and narrate a story... :) If I have to pull something via cheat to make it feasible - it happens. ;) As of right now, it's every §50,000 they earn, they can put down one community building. :smirk: And they have to rebuild every house in town before they freeze to death come winter. :D Other than that, there's no hard or fast rules involved.
    Evalen wrote: »
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    I haven’t played in a few months, but I was playing in Twinbrook before I stopped, with a family which used to live in Moonlight Falls.

Right now, I’m only playing the real world. 😉

@Keiomestre
    What is the real world, sorry not up to date on things

(completely tongue in cheek) @Evalen, ;) From what I hear it's not a fun world to play in. Money cheats are completely disabled and every so often...the town hall rips you off in taxes saying that your house is worth more than it really is. And the townies aren't as friendly. I'm thinking I'm going to stick to Sims 3. :D:mrgreen: RW world may be rendered in high-definition but it is so totally not worth it.

Evidently it's not meant for the vanilla player, these guys are playing with some serious modding. Especially since you can't stick your house down anywhere. Evidently they've hacked the coding which allows them to permit you to death along with banks and stuff like that. The police are even tougher too. None of this mano a mano fighting and beating up the robber. They have a tazer mod...and a lethal force mod. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want to stay in Sunset Valley.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    None of the above. I am currently testing a world which I managed to create and am having real trouble persuading my sims to swim in the sea. This I don't understand because I left out the shark spawners ........ :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    My favorite sim, Emily Hunter, was born in Riverview but wants to explore more worlds. Right now I'm setting up Isle of Sims III, by Rflong7/13. When I've placed all the things I want in it, then I'll add her. I think I want her to settle down there. I really love it!

original.jpg

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Sunset Valley
    Sunset Valley. The game exits out on its own (crashes?) and is pretty unstable when I start playing anything more than base game. A shame, as with a $5 each sale on Steam, I got most of the packs and now I can't use them. This game really needs 64 Bit optimization.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Sunset Valley. The game exits out on its own (crashes?) and is pretty unstable when I start playing anything more than base game. A shame, as with a $5 each sale on Steam, I got most of the packs and now I can't use them. This game really needs 64 Bit optimization.

Well this IS the TS3 section. Ask for help. Most everyone can run it without the 64-bit optimization, so it's something in your specific setup that's making it not work.

edited June 2020
    @cody6268 - There are many of us playing on systems that have managed to stabilize our games. These are the techniques to do so. I'm playing on a Vivobook with all packs running (less the stuff packs as I haven't picked those up yet).

Read the following:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9187.0 - How to set up a mods folder

Install the following mods:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/ErrorTrap
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Overwatch
    https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController

Run into problems, call @igazor for assistance. He is our NRAAS guru.

There is NO program that will run without "running out of resources". Unfortunately, Sims 3 is one of them. But many of us work around that and are not willing to toss this game aside out of frustration. We work it out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top