Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims with shower addiction

So I finally gave in over the past weekend and did the patch and bought Eco. First thing I have noticed is an excessive addiction to both the computer and shower. Like I had to put the shower in all of my houses in a separate room without a door until the sims actually need the dumb thing. They would shower when their hygiene was totally full and then get right back in. Or just live at the computer. I've tried doing a completely clean game and it did seem to fix it kind of, but they still seemed a bit obsessed. I've tried searching for posts covering these issues but so far no luck. It may be mod related to a degree but there is a under lying issue in the EP itself or the patch. And I can't pin down the mod that could be making it worse. I have a lot of mods but I've updated all that the makers are updating before I even did the patch. My next option is turning off the autonomy for showering and computer use totally.

Comments

• AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Hi @delphy i use MCC and not much else and have to say I’ve not been seeing the same things (apart from my freecycler who regularly get filthy/red diving and so needs to shower)....def no computer addiction. I’m guessing maybe a mod conflict after all? 😕
  • delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    Hmm, I was having it happen with nothing at all including MCC which I do otherwise use. I will keep testing in the mean time. I just can't stand the game completely vanilla though.

Mine isn't NPC's though. This is my own sims and It's instantaneous. There is no waiting for these problems. I unpause the game and watch the insanity begin. And the families (all 4 I had) are effected as well as the 3 new ones I have made since.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    @delphy Do you play rotationally? If you are switching back and forth between families, then your sims are being marked as NPCs when you are not playing their home directly. When you do switch to them, they are keeping their NPC behaviors.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't have any mods or CC but my Sims don't do this. I do have an issue with keeping cleanliness up, my Port Promise is polluted. I wonder if the pollution state has anything to do with the frequent showering. My Sims have always had the computer obsession in all my games.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    @SageRainWillow I do play them rotationally but are all seperate. I made them new and added them to a fresh world. Would that still make them NPCs?
    @delphy If you play more than one house in the same save, then yes. You can only control one house at a time, which means the others have exhibited NPC behaviors (walking down the street, showing up to a venue, etc.)

@SageRainWillow I don't I created them and have separate saves for each one. They are always right where I left them when I come back. None can even interact because they don't exist in the saves from the other families I made.
    @delphy Do your neighborhoods have the Rock Your Body NAP active? I've noticed my sims showering over and over and it seems to be a bug with the OCD repetitive behavior caused by NAPS right now. They need to seriously tone it down.

You can try turning off your mods, exit the game, create a new save and see if it continues to happen. If it still happens with mods deactivated, then it's safe to say it's probably a game bug. Right now, a lot of repetitive behaviors like making white cake, stealing, push ups, showering, playing with clay and game cubes seem to all be related to the NAP system.

@SageRainWillow Yeah I followed EA's method of resetting the game by renaming the Sims 4 files in my documents and then starting the game which basically gives me a fresh mod free game. And then made a new sim and played her. The problem with the showering still happened just not as badly. I finally put MCC back in and blocked that action so the sims can only shower when I let them.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm resurrecting this post because I have the same problem and I'm wondering if anyone ever came up with a fix. I do not even have Eco and after the previous patch (I think it was a few weeks ago?) my sims started showering constantly. I took all my mods out completely, I mean CC and all mods except MCCC. Still had the showering issue. I deleted the tuner config file from MCCC and the problem went away. I set up a new tuner config file and for two weeks everything seemed fine. Now the showering issue is back. If I turn off the autonomy for the "bookshelf" (and I think there is about 5 of them) the showering issue comes back. And not just my active sim but NPC's that come over to visit. If I turn the autonomy on for the bookshelf the showering issue stops. It's got to be some kind of EA bug. From my experience any time there is an inexplicable issue it's usually EA.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
    inmyeye wrote: »
    I'm resurrecting this post because I have the same problem and I'm wondering if anyone ever came up with a fix. I do not even have Eco and after the previous patch (I think it was a few weeks ago?) my sims started showering constantly. I took all my mods out completely, I mean CC and all mods except MCCC. Still had the showering issue. I deleted the tuner config file from MCCC and the problem went away. I set up a new tuner config file and for two weeks everything seemed fine. Now the showering issue is back. If I turn off the autonomy for the "bookshelf" (and I think there is about 5 of them) the showering issue comes back. And not just my active sim but NPC's that come over to visit. If I turn the autonomy on for the bookshelf the showering issue stops. It's got to be some kind of EA bug. From my experience any time there is an inexplicable issue it's usually EA.

I finally used MCCC tuning to prevent my sims from showering altogether unless I tell them too. I also now have a issue with my Sims getting food from the fridge and eating even when they aren't at all hungry. And then they go right back to the fridge when done and do it again. I had to block my fridge off. A new EA update issue I'm sure even though I haven't found anything about it online yet.