Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing is caring is annoying.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont understand the appeal of this NAP but it has nothing to do with irl looting or destruction.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I always check the forum before I purchase a pack. From the sound of things, EL doesn’t fit my play style but I’m happy for the people that are having fun with it. But don’t go by me, I just now bought Island Living after not buying anything since Get Famous. Maybe I’ll consider buying it in a year. What can I say, I don’t take to change very well. 🤷‍♀️
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Sadiesue wrote: »
    I always check the forum before I purchase a pack. From the sound of things, EL doesn’t fit my play style but I’m happy for the people that are having fun with it. But don’t go by me, I just now bought Island Living after not buying anything since Get Famous. Maybe I’ll consider buying it in a year. What can I say, I don’t take to change very well. 🤷‍♀️
    The main features of the expansion are NAP’s and half of them are done so wrong or don’t work.
  • Elise100kElise100k Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the voting part is fun. I really don't want to disable it but OMG, who thought this "sharing" thing was a good idea! That and 20 pounds of clay in my sims inventory for no reason. Please fix this! it's ruining the whole game.
  • pcktjokerspcktjokers Posts: 1 New Member
    The worse part of this is that you can’t even invite sims friends or family over to your house without them swiping stuff. Tried to throw a party for the party animal aspiration, and my sims brother who lives separately stole the computer. Another guest that had full friendship swiped the radio. Unfortunately I play on the X-Box, so using mods to fix it aren’t an option. I have noticed that while playing the brother who lives in Strangerville this is not an issue. I think I remember reading something about NAPs not effecting Strangerville and vacation destinations. Might just have to move the sister there till it’s fixed. Unfortunately that also means I’ll need to keep all my gameplay there.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    There should absolutely be a way to get the "shared" stuff back. Someone stole my sims whole dumpster.😩 Interesting enough, stuff didn't start disappearing until I had the greenery initiative active maybe the glitch is tied to that.
  • Fillups44Fillups44 Posts: 8 New Member
    I agree that the NAPs are too powerful in some ways and definitely need to be tweaked a lot. The Sharing is Caring choice in particularly challenging to deal with. It sounds so benign but in actuality it turns your Sims world into an ugly free for all.

I had one neighborhood, with my favorite library yet, vote for both Sharing is Caring and the Roughousing Encouraged option so unfortunately seeing lots of people fighting and taking stuff has had an eerie parallel with other things going on in real life. However, trying to bring my neighborhood together and become more peaceful, redecorating my plundered community (and home) lots, having my concerned citizens repealing the troublesome NAPs has been kind of cathartic and has been a totally new experience for me in The Sims 4 (or really any other Sims game).

It was actually kind of funny when the Welcome Wagon stopped by one poor family's house and swiped their dining room set and sofa. To add insult to injury, one of the visiting Sims was a Landgraab---haven't they taken enough already????

It's not game breaking but it really changes the tone of the game and I can see why people would want to avoid that aspect of the gameplay. It's also interesting how it effects how I play the game. Before I repealed the NAP, I kept my doors locked, I visited community lots way less because I was worried about what would happen in them. Again, not maybe the feelings I want to experience but having a sense of danger before I repealed the NAPs was totally new.

I wish there was an option not to only turn off the NPC voting but the NAPs or select which NAPs are an option for the NPC players so they could only introduce those elements of chaos that we can handle.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    pcktjokers wrote: »
    The worse part of this is that you can’t even invite sims friends or family over to your house without them swiping stuff. Tried to throw a party for the party animal aspiration, and my sims brother who lives separately stole the computer. Another guest that had full friendship swiped the radio. Unfortunately I play on the X-Box, so using mods to fix it aren’t an option. I have noticed that while playing the brother who lives in Strangerville this is not an issue. I think I remember reading something about NAPs not effecting Strangerville and vacation destinations. Might just have to move the sister there till it’s fixed. Unfortunately that also means I’ll need to keep all my gameplay there.

Should have had the party at another place or locked the valuables away in another room. :smile:
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I did disable the voting. Some of the things that were winning were ridiculous.They need to fix this and soon.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I set up my lot the way i wanted and then saved it so all I have to do is load it again. A lot faster then doing all over again.
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Sharing is caring isn’t even the chosen NAP in my sims world, but items are disappearing from community lots, it’s so annoying, sent my uni sim to party to celebrate the end of the semester and while using the bathroom, the dj booth, tables and chairs disappeared. Why? Hmm? What was the reason? This seems more like an annoying glitch than a fun feature. I have to redecorate the lot now.

Simburian wrote: »
    You can always lock your doors or put a fence round your property and lock the gate if you want to keep them out.
    Yes you could but it doesn't help. I tried it. You have to let your friends in every time they come over and when they are in they steal something.
    It wouldn't be so bad if you could do everything they do. And out of world should not be able to. Because you can't do a get even.
    Yes, but it's not fair they can steal anything and everything, but your sim is very limited to what he steals. And he can only steal one thing and then you have to wait until you get the option again. Lilith Vatore stole my tv and I went to her house to steal from her. I could not find one item I could take.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    lambcaey wrote: »
    Honestly, why would anybody wanna vote for an act that would let Sims steal from you? That whole act needs to be gotten rid of completely in the next patch.

Because you can also steal from others. I don't mind it so much, I can always lock my doors or set 'no trespassing.' I'm playing a homeless sim who voted for it because... Well, it's self-explanatory. Lol. Even though you may find no value in it, please do not ask for features to be removed completely because there is always someone who values that gameplay.

The real problem is the excessive stealing from community lots. I do not want to keep refurnishing them every time I play, and it also destroys the university lots. That needs to be fixed asap.

• IcegirlIcegirl Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Icewolf said:
    > I think it is supposed to be annoying. Just some silly things for people who doesn't mind some chaos in this game.

I shouldn't have to download mods to stop undesirable gameplay. I already had to get a mod to stop people baking White Cake, now I have to have one to stop them stealing the cash register from my bakery (three in one day). It's not funny or cute and we should be able to opt out.
  • IcegirlIcegirl Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Simburian said:
    > You can always lock your doors or put a fence round your property and lock the gate if you want to keep them out.

What about when you're running a business? You can't lock the doors then. And after I closed and kicked everyone out, two people walked straight in and stole the sinks I just replaced.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Icegirl wrote: »
    > @Icewolf said:
    > I think it is supposed to be annoying. Just some silly things for people who doesn't mind some chaos in this game.

I shouldn't have to download mods to stop undesirable gameplay. I already had to get a mod to stop people baking White Cake, now I have to have one to stop them stealing the cash register from my bakery (three in one day). It's not funny or cute and we should be able to opt out.

Oooh, which mod stops the white cake?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Yes, but it's not fair they can steal anything and everything, but your sim is very limited to what he steals. And he can only steal one thing and then you have to wait until you get the option again. Lilith Vatore stole my tv and I went to her house to steal from her. I could not find one item I could take.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    lambcaey wrote: »
    Honestly, why would anybody wanna vote for an act that would let Sims steal from you? That whole act needs to be gotten rid of completely in the next patch.

Because you can also steal from others. I don't mind it so much, I can always lock my doors or set 'no trespassing.' I'm playing a homeless sim who voted for it because... Well, it's self-explanatory. Lol. Even though you may find no value in it, please do not ask for features to be removed completely because there is always someone who values that gameplay.

The real problem is the excessive stealing from community lots. I do not want to keep refurnishing them every time I play, and it also destroys the university lots. That needs to be fixed asap.

Yes, that bother's me, too. My homeless sim tried to take a bike that was just sitting on the sidewalk. He could only ride it, but not place into his inventory. When I tried again in a different neighborhood, he could take it so maybe it was a one time glitch. Both neighborhoods had sharing is caring active.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Some of these happenings you guys mentioned actually sound like things i want in my gameplay lol! I am thinking about getting this pack once it goes on sale. It does sound like it is bugged though, and i can see how annoying it can get so i hope it gets fixed soon.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I finally have a neighbourhood with the sharing is caring nap. I've been curious about it since the pack came out because of how much it has been talked about. And... i am the only one stealing :D there was this one bench that was stolen from the local bar... but the rest of the week i was the only one stealing from the local bar, my neighbour's houses... Im ok with that. My sim voted for that nap to do exactly that :lol: But i was expecting more action on the neighbourhood.
  • Milaj22Milaj22 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had to lock my doors for everyone but household members but then they would steal off my porch or backyard. I had to fence all of my backyards and front lawns and put up gates then lock the gates. The only problem with this is if u decide to work with a sim on another lot and befriend a sim from the gated lot you won’t be able to visit them at the gated home if you aren’t apart of the household. Unfortunately, I can’t even set my allowance entry for friends or lovers because they will steal from you too! The other option is to lock your doors but keep the gate open if you do not have items you do not want stolen in ur yard or porch then people can enjoy ur company in front or in the back of your home. You just won’t be able to have any seating or outdoor activities except cloud and star gazing or any activities that do not need objects that can be stolen.
  • Milaj22Milaj22 Posts: 2 New Member
    I mean if they borrow it why can’t they just bring it back or something? They can steal from me and no one cares. I got caught stealing pizza at work in the acting career and ended up getting a bad rep. Then when I returned to my lot I got a phone call from a sim telling me that she heard that I like to steal and that I can’t come to her house. Lol I have never even visited that sim nor was she even an associate. I actually thought that part was hilarious but the stealing is annoying.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    logion wrote: »
    This is insane!

My bar in San Myshuno is unfinished and has a "!" now because the sims took the tables and the chairs when I visited with my sim who lives in Evergreen Harbor, I have not even played any household in San Myshuno. I just visited a festival with my sim.

Wow, I was just about to post that MY San Myshuno bar became unfinished! I had to add two bar chairs back.

I'm annoyed with the bug where played Sims constantly play instruments, because I noticed they're not even earning skill in that instrument. It's like they're just pretending to play.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    The NAP is called Sharing is Caring, not Stealing your Stuff!
    How much more fun would it have been if, sharing is caring, meant other sims could come in, use your shower/bath, cook and eat from your fridge, including your leftovers, nap on your bed or couch, and depending on their traits, make it dirty, broken or even clean or fix everything. Like there could be a queue to use your toilet, or sims napping everywhere. Even if all locks were disabled during the NAP then it would certainly add to game play rather than having to replace sinks and tills all the time. What if, they shared with you! Something you don't have or a better/different version!
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I can’t find voting board in Willow Creek. I’m playing in this neighborhood and want to appeal , but can’t find the voting board.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can’t find voting board in Willow Creek. I’m playing in this neighborhood and want to appeal , but can’t find the voting board.

There are no voting boards in other worlds besides EH. Either you have to add one or you just can vote by clicking in the mail.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

There are no voting boards in other worlds besides EH. Either you have to add one or you just can vote by clicking in the mail.

How can I add it and I couldn’t find it in build mode?. Thank you for helping