Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hint at Playable Schools?

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
I was playing the other day and I told my teen sim to Study Hard. When she came home, I got the standard “Your sim is this grade and it could be better” notification, but I got a second one that said something along the lines of:

“Caitlin studied hard, and she even helped some of the popular kids with their homework at high school” (I can’t remember exactly what it was 😅).

Edit: It happened again without me studying hard, but there was a slightly different message ...

“During lunch period, the high schoolers worked together to get some of their homework done.”

I’ve never seen this before the recent update - could it be a hint at playable schools or at least more dynamic gameplay around schooling? And has anyone else seen this?

Post edited by GalaxySimsGirl on

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No, it's probably from your mod
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Did those 'popular' kids pay her to do their home work for them?

Or is it a case of 'you do our homework for us and we will stop people pushing you into the lockers,'

'But no one pushes me into lockers?

*Sim gets pushed into a locker*

Popular kid: 'they do now!'

Now that would make some gameplay! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2020
    izecson wrote: »
    I’m on console so don’t have mods - strange as it popped up once or twice and not seen it since
    Did those 'popular' kids pay her to do their home work for them?

Or is it a case of 'you do our homework for us and we will stop people pushing you into the lockers,'

'But no one pushes me into lockers?

*Sim gets pushed into a locker*

Popular kid: 'they do now!'

Now that would make some gameplay! :D
    That would actually be so fun to play! I think it mentioned something about a cafeteria too but I’m not sure.
    Also, looking at the Careers UI, when the message about homework pops up it shows that your sim has already done 25% of their homework.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    Interesting. If they are adding a Go To School type pack, maybe this is one of the messages you'll get if you don't follow your sims to school? I've never seen this message before.
    It could have been patched in with Eco Living by accident.
    It could also be something that came from Parenthood that I never noticed before.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I’m on console so don’t have mods - strange as it popped up once or twice and not seen it since

Sorry didnt know, i just look at your picture with a cc hair.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I’ve been getting these messages too but I always just assumed they were a part of a mod I was using. But yes I have noticed these messages as of recently. Interesting.
    edited June 2020

Sorry didnt know, i just look at your picture with a cc hair.
    Don’t worry - I play on PC sometimes 😊
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've noticed this too, and it does give them a bit of a head start on their homework. I'm on PC and no mods so it's something they've added for sure, although, not sure when, it had been awhile since I'd played with household that had children/teens. I don't think it's a hint, but I do think it's cute. Even though it's just a text window, it's nice to hear about the kid's days. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I wonder when this was patched in I sure don't remember these messages happening when I played. Hopefully the next never been done before game pack is school and this was patched in for when you decide not to follow the teen/child to school.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I haven't seen any of these messages yet. For the people that are seeing them, do you have Eco Lifestyle installed? I'm wondering if it's more of those story progression-like phone calls you get with EL?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’ve seen that message intermittently for quite some time now. It’s pretty rare, though.
    I’ve seen that message intermittently for quite some time now. It’s pretty rare, though.
    Yeah, I saw it once and didn’t get any for about 4 sim weeks then got 3 consecutive ones.
    I haven't seen any of these messages yet. For the people that are seeing them, do you have Eco Lifestyle installed? I'm wondering if it's more of those story progression-like phone calls you get with EL?

I don’t have Eco Lifestyle but I have a bug where I keep on getting the influence point icon so maybe it’s related to that?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Children and teens go to school is def a major first.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I like the idea of a playable school! Reminds me of some sims 2 stories i read that had a boarding school setting lol.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    What IS this thing you guys keep speaking of?!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

It isn't, I don't have any mods that affect that sort of thing and I'm getting it too.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've noticed it too, but I had just chalked it up to the SOL mod I have... but since you don't have any mods it must be something in the game.

Neat!
  • Teh_CheshireTeh_Cheshire Posts: 17 Member
    I've been saving my family play through but this makes me curious to know what could be found. Given though I've only started with a teen once a few months back I don't know if I would be able to pick out the diffrence in old/new messages.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    I got something like "XXX has already done her homework at school during free time" a few weeks ago and it was the first time I noticed such a message. I have EL but I think it was before the launch.

It would be nice if it was a hint but after the gnome and ladders crazyness, I dont think they would be so "clear".
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would so dig playable schools. I've been using Zerbu's mod and it's great, but I'd love this feature to be in game.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Kallmewhiteboy7Kallmewhiteboy7 Posts: 2 New Member
    I saw someone say something about boarding schools and bro, I’d die.... do you guys remember boarding schools in ts2??? Ts3 was cool too but ts2 with the interviews????? I’d literally die
    I saw someone say something about boarding schools and bro, I’d die.... do you guys remember boarding schools in ts2??? Ts3 was cool too but ts2 with the interviews????? I’d literally die
    I wish we could have customisable boarding schools - I always give my posh sims school uniform in CAS 😂