Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long....

2...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I started playing in 2000 and have been hooked every since have every ep TS1 and every EP and SP for TS2 , TS3 and TS4 Just wish I could get TS1 and TS2 to work on my Windows 10 pro pc that my partner built for me 😊😊

@DarkLady2788 do you have the Sims 2 ultimate collection? If you do and it doesn't work you can post a thread in support or just dm me and I might be able to help.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Been playing since Sims 1 launched. Bought it as an adult and played that first iteration until 2015.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @SimmerGeorge yeah I have the ultimate collection now used to have all my discs but once I got the ultimate collection I got rid. Just would like to get it to work it crashes during CAS and sometimes when loading. If I manage to play a household it’s only for 10min then it crashes. Any help would be much appreciated ☺️☺️
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’m relatively new to the franchise. I began playing The Sims primarily for research purposes. In and around 2012/2013 I believe.
    At the moment I’m curious about life simulation game mechanics and the different ways the community plays with the games, including modification.

I started playing mobile versions of other, simpler life simulation games, before moving on to a mobile version of Sims 3 and Sims 3 Medieval. I then began to invest in the PC version of TS3 because I no longer had any interest in sitting all hunched over, staring at a small phone screen.

To me the Open World feature and Sim creation was (and still is) very compelling. I played some Freeplay and very little The Sims mobile because they don’t offer what I’m looking for. These are Time management games more than Life Simulators.

I’m PC based and mostly interested in ultra graphics, high customization and more complex Gameplay systems. I’ve played some TSM, and I moved on to TS4, but it took a long time for me to get long term enjoyment out of the latter before settling in a bit.

I’m planning to work my way back through previous versions, including console, to get a better understanding of the mechanics used in those titles.

Im aware that all of the above sounds quite clinical. But- although there’s room for a lot of improvement (where possible) in the current title and beyond- I can thoroughly enjoy myself playing with the sims.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    It was about 2006 I think.

I bought the original Sims game for Xbox, it was a random purchase that my young kids suggested and I knew nothing about the game back then.

I later discovered that it was not only available on PC, which was more appealing to me, but also that there was a Sims 2 out too!

I rapidly moved onto Sims 2 and was immediately hooked.
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    Since The Sims 3 so I assume it's around 2009/2010. I started playing on my iPhone before moving to TS3 on PC.

As for TS4 since 2015. Origin is telling me an inaccurate hour count (because for 2-3 years it stopped counting?) but I want to say it's close to a thousand hours.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    For 10 years.... Sims Bustin' Out.... TS2 console, TS2 pc, and then it just continued from there. :)
    p6tqefj
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I started playing ts1 in 2000, maybe 2001. I moved to ts2 not long after it came out and have played it until ts4 came out. I tried to play ts3, but decided it wasn't the game for me. I mostly play ts4 now although I sometimes play sims Medieval for a while.
    Origin says I've played ts4 for 4522 hours.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I started playing in 2000. My parents didn't want me buying due to woohoo...but I bought some and kept it hidden on my computer in my bedroom. Played Sims1--Sims4, and also Medieval.

Would really like to play 2 again, but don't think it could handle my new computer well.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I started playing in 2000. My parents didn't want me buying due to woohoo...but I bought some and kept it hidden on my computer in my bedroom. Played Sims1--Sims4, and also Medieval.

Would really like to play 2 again, but don't think it could handle my new computer well.

Priceless! That mischief bar of yours must have been filling up quick!
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    On and off since 2000 or 2001
    so I was about 12 or 13
    I played the original game (complete collection) until I couldn't get the CD to work on my computer but my favorite is the sims 3
    Right now I'm playing the sims 4
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    A whole year now, always avoided the sims as I always believed the game was purely a rl simulator and was too stupid to look into it more.
    Now I love CAS especially and seeing all the amazing creations that people come up with.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2020
    Since 2000 when it came out. I was 10 and my friend said she had a really cool game, so I watched her play and was amazed by this magic. We used to exchange the same CD every other week, so we could both play but eventually me and my sisters got some EP's from my mom since you only needed the last CD to play :D
    I got party deluxe and then Vacation which was If I remember correct a gift to me from my mom.

Then I got hooked! Maybe after that for some years I didn't play, cause we never had a sound card in our PC. Then I was eager to try it on another PC we had upstairs, but the same issue.. no sound.
    Just by trying on the other pc, I got hooked again and played in my school weekends/holidays when I was 13. I enjoyed every bit of it! With or without sounds didn't matter that much.
    When I was 15, we got a new PC with a sound card, unlimited internet etc. and I wanted to install The Sims 1 there again, cause for the first time in 5 years I would be able to hear the sounds. Before I installed it, my boyfriend at the time told me the best news ever: That there was already a Sims 2 out for quite some time! So i got to start playing The Sims 2 with a lot of packs all at once which was great. After that I never really stopped playing :D
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Several years now. Got really into it because of story-making.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    I first played The Sims around 2001, when I was 6, then I played it on my own computer around when Makin' Magic came out.
  • Court322Court322 Posts: 108 Member
    When I started this thread I didn't think it'd be so popular ha-ha. I realized I stated that I had xamount of hours played and played this xyear but someone who got me into the game was a friend I made during Sea World camp back before 2010 and I've loved it ever since. I started playing TS3 have never played anything prior to it.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Before Sims 1 was released I had read alot of articles about it, so I was really excited to play it. I went to Best Buy as soon as it opened, but the game was not on the shelves yet. I asked an employee to pull me a copy from the back, rushed home and played non-stop all day. I was in love with the game.
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 185 Member
    I have been playing continuous since it was first released in 2000.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Oh goodness, I was so young... When I was 3-4 years old, so 2000-2001. My mom got the game and I watched her play, but she quickly got tired of the sims' constant needs (it was fairly difficult back then) so it more or less became my game. I cannot remember if they bought me my own disk or not. I had one of those barbie kid's computers. It really brings back memories when I wanted to collect all the expansions, and how embarrassed I was to ask for Hot Dates (they said no, of course). I went on to play 2, 3, and 4 and they came out.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    My dad bought me the original sims 1 when I was about 8 or 9 but I never got the hang of it, started playing when Sims 2 university came out stayed on Sims 2 for YEARS quit playing when I got into sims 3 but when UC came out I got hooked onto sims 2 again

I was into sims 4 for awhile (While I still playing Sims 2 but I missed Sims 3 but thanks to me losing my sims 3 base game disk and years ago me giving my copy of Sims 3 plus pets to my sister (I had no need for it at the time having all the games on my computer) she never got into Sims and years later when I needed it told me lost it... I don’t blame her though we have bad luck with DVD/Disk Game.

However I had the game box with the code so I got the base game through origin and I downloaded all the games I had but thanks to origin’s dumb update I could only play a few packs at a time which wasn’t an issue before and I had updated everything on my computer to play the game but every time I downloaded a world or a clothing/game set Origin took an expansion, stuff, store set, out of my sims 3 game without my consent I know my computer Origin, it can handle sims games! Ugg! So for me playing sims 3 is out of the question despite missing it very much.

Still playing sims 2 but I’m downloading defaults and mods to fix parts of the game... When I check how my stuff looks in that game I play it for hours... Once as a kid during summer vacation I played sims 2 and sims 3 all day and up until 3 am that night)

I’m back into Sims 4 kind of my mods need updates and I’ve gotten into defaults/CC for sims 4 so I’m modding/downloading/playing it

Same with Sims 2 I’ve downloaded a bus for my sim to use as a tiny home and I’m enjoying the heck out of it.

(However I don’t keep track of the hours I play, never did)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Since 2000 when sims 1 first came out up until about 2009. I tried sims 2 but it would never play properly on my old pc at the time so never played it. I played sims 3 from 2013-2016 until my cat broke my laptop. I started playing sims 4 in 2018 at the time when get famous came out as at that point I was finally able to afford a laptop.
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    I have been playing the sims since 2011, and I have 480 hours in the sims 4.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Been here since the OG Sims baby. I can still remember my dad hiding a copy of The Sims behind him and surprising me with it.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Since about 2002 with Sims 1
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs