Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco footprint always decaying to neutral

A lot of us are having this issue, eco footprint goes back to neutral no matter what you do!! Like it's literally impossible to get my eco footprint to green in my game, no matter how many green lots you have in the neighborhood. Has anyone found a way to get to green without any cheats? am I missing something?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I downloaded a mod that was supposed to lock it in place but it still reverts. Hmmmmm🤔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I downloaded a mod that was supposed to lock it in place but it still reverts. Hmmmmm🤔

Can you let us know what mod?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have 3 neighbourhoods that I am managing to keep stable, 2 green and 1 industrial. The industrial I Changed every single lot to be as industrial as possible and like wise the green as green as possible. I did cheat the neighbourhood initially once I was done with the changes to set it to what I wanted but they have held their footprint through a full sim year now. It really seems like the requirements to get to either end are a little too overtuned and that there is a bug for some people that makes it default back to neutral every time they log back in.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I managed to have one hood stay industrial. Yea need to change every single lot in the hood to have industrial wallpaper and flooring. Not fun gameplay that is.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

Yea it's the one that starts with a B and ends with an L but it's considered an adult mod so can't be talked about.
    They added an eco footprint feature. You can easily industrialize or whatever you want, to all words at once or only a district. And pause it.
    Everything works but the pause. Still reverts to neutral for no reason. 🤔🤔🤔 AND I have ecofoot prints paused in the gameplay menu.

I'm just going to keep cheating it till somebody comes up with a fix that works.

Edit to say that mod just pushed out an update to better fix the decay issue so I will try it out and see if it's improved. It's not scarlets mod though. It's the adult one with a B
    Rhymes with placement 😅
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

It is the "no eco footprint decay" mod by scarlets: https://www.google.com/amp/s/scarletsmods.com/2020/06/17/no-eco-footprint-decay/amp/
    However the mod only stops the footprint decay to neutral, It doesn't change anything else, the bar still won't reach to green. I just don't cheating in my game so I guess I'm gonna have to wait for a mod/patch to fix this (if it is even a bug).
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I managed to have one hood stay industrial. Yea need to change every single lot in the hood to have industrial wallpaper and flooring. Not fun gameplay that is.

I did that too!! No matter how eco friendly tge lots are it still says that it is "neutral" meaning they won't affect the eco footprint. Although the lot I play in says it's green it still doesn't help. Heck, even the smog vacuum that they kept showing off in their trailers didn't help at all.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I hate how the system works. I tried to make an industrial world, filled every lot with heavy generators, water machines and bonfires with high industrial score and the houses were still marked as neutral and the world went straight back to neutral! Ugh!
  • GraydaImalGraydaImal Posts: 21 Member
    My Eco footprint is Neutral in every neighborhood as well. Nothing changes. Shouldn't it be decaying over time if no one does anything to improve it?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    On the other hand in my current game I turned off eco gameplay but after a while I got my eco is now green notification and the halo shine in the sky lol
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited June 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate how the system works. I tried to make an industrial world, filled every lot with heavy generators, water machines and bonfires with high industrial score and the houses were still marked as neutral and the world went straight back to neutral! Ugh!

Sigh. It's very frustrating and disappointing. I am hoping they do something about it because it makes the game play in this EP totally pointless. Dodgy eco footprint along with NAPs creating havoc; that is an awfully huge chunk out of the EP that seems to be working very badly.

@jimbbq I would lol along with you, but it's getting so it's not funny anymore. Just annoying.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I wanted it industrial. I redid every lot taking away everything Eco green and made each lot industrial but Port Promise is still neutral. I can't get it to tip to industrial. I gave up and started a new save with the footprint and voting off. I am finished with it for now because the game is not doing what I want it to do and gardening is bugged. The whole idea of going industrial was because gardening is bugged. In my new save I am playing in the city where it's hard to garden. I always have Sims with a huge garden so was trying this until they fix the game. Two days later and I still filled the apartment up with plants using the new planters. I can't win. lol I am cursed with the plant bug again. I realize that my game play can't exclude gardening! I always migrate to it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    This is a very frustrating thing with the expansion. Scarlet's Mods has a mod for it. I've downloaded it but haven't had chance to try it out yet. Here is the link https://scarlets-mods.tumblr.com/ or you can just google Scarlet Mods if you're worried for clicking links. ;)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I am confused with wording. Eco footprint stands for ecological footprint. Right? It's split into 3 Eco footprints. green, neutral and industrial. Scarlet's mod keeps industrial from going neutral. It does not help in getting the footprint to go industrial. Right?

The problem I have is getting back to the industrial footprint because it goes neutral too fast. This is my understanding of the mod. Am I right? I would have to have the mod in place and start a new save to keep Port Promise industrial, right?

Nothing else that I have done to go industrial in my save without the mod will make the neighborhood footprint go industrial even though all 5 lots are industrial. So if I want an industrial footprint to stay industrial in Port Promise I have to use the mod and start a new save to keep it industrial?

Sounds like a lot of work but I could just upload my edited builds and Sims and place them into a new save but I want to hear more about this mod first.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    This pack isn't worth buying if they don't fix this. This was supposed to be a major feature for this pack, and I was looking forward to it. It appears to be broken. For $40, I shouldn't have to use mods to fix it.
    This and NAPS are very disappointing. I hope they're reading these comments and addressing the issues.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yeah, this decay is happening in my game too. I'm playing Rags to Riches off the grid style and wanted my Sim to create a green environment. After I first bought the game, I didn't notice the decay. In my game, the decay seemed to happen after the 2nd patch....and very quickly. My Sim got it green and then it went to neutral in 2 Sim days. So I got a mod, changed eco footrpint to green and it still went to neutral in 2 sim days.

It's very annoying and it seems that either spectrum....green or industrial is pulling it back towards neutral. I hope they fix this ASAP. As someone has already pointed out....game doesn't seem worth it, if eco footprint and NAPs isn't working...
  • JCWaterJCWater Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see a way of composting all the leaves the sims rake too as this would surely help with staying in the green eco wise.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    In order for your neighborhood to remain Green you need to ensure all the surrounding lots are green. I took the time to make each lot green by changing all wallpaper & flooring to eco friendly as well as adding trees and shrubs to each lot. I discovered that if you have 3/4 of the lots green, you can maintain a Green environment.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    It also helps to take any fireplaces or BBQs off NPC lots and upgrade the NPC household’s & community lots plumbing and electronics.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    I've managed to get a neighbourhood to green but it changes after a day.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm having the same problem as well. My Sim went to a lot in San Myshuno and it turned industrial so I thought "Ah, great to see the system working!" as it was in the Spice District. I changed households and went to go play on the lot and see if I could worsen the industrial footprint and make it even more impactful. As soon as the loading screen went away and the new lot started, the industrial label disappeared and I can't get it back now.

Highly, highly frustrating. I bought the pack honestly for the clothing and decor more than anything, because let's be honest, the eco footprint system is FLAWED at best, painfully so. I would hope that EA would address this and potentially patch in a fix for this, but I really don't feel heard by them anymore...This coming from a longtime player. They do the same fan favorite packs and everything else feels of their own accord, regardless of the community votes. It's a big bummer but I've been playing this game since I was in first grade and I am 26 this year so, I feel a sense of loyalty to them. I can, however, admit that there wasn't much positive to say in regards to this new environment.

Ya know, how is it possible that an EP *BE* garbage because it doesn't give us *enough* garbage??? :p
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have the weird case of being able to reach industrial footprint through gameplay and mainaining it, but being unable to achieve eco footprint.

All four lots in the Willow Creek neighborhood where the Goths used to live show up as having green footprint, but the neighborhood won't turn green. Also the park that used to be green and sparkle reverted to neutral.

I use @elelunicy 's script that displays footprint values and they are as follows: Each individual lot -500 (the minimum value), neighborhood convergence point also -500 (if I understood this correctly this stat represents the max. potential of a neighborhood), neighborhood footprint -88,59... That last value won't change, no matter what I do. I also have Scarlet's No Decay mod in my game, but the description states it only stops decay, while allowing for normal footprint change through gameplay.

Meanwhile my polluted Del Sol Valley neighborhood stayed industrial through several ingame weeks now. And that one has only two industrial lots, the third is neutral.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have the weird case of being able to reach industrial footprint through gameplay and mainaining it, but being unable to achieve eco footprint.

All four lots in the Willow Creek neighborhood where the Goths used to live show up as having green footprint, but the neighborhood won't turn green. Also the park that used to be green and sparkle reverted to neutral.

I use @elelunicy 's script that displays footprint values and they are as follows: Each individual lot -500 (the minimum value), neighborhood convergence point also -500 (if I understood this correctly this stat represents the max. potential of a neighborhood), neighborhood footprint -88,59... That last value won't change, no matter what I do. I also have Scarlet's No Decay mod in my game, but the description states it only stops decay, while allowing for normal footprint change through gameplay.

Meanwhile my polluted Del Sol Valley neighborhood stayed industrial through several ingame weeks now. And that one has only two industrial lots, the third is neutral.

Normally the neighborhood footprint value will slowly “decay” until it reaches the convergence point (in your case it will go from -88 to -500). Since you have the no decay mod, it will be frozen at -88.

@ScarletQueenKat 's no decay mod is only good for people who cheat the eco footprint state, as it will stay in the state you cheated afterwards. For people who play normally, it will prevent you from changing the neighborhood footprint through gameplay.

@ScarletQueenKat may need to know that EcoFootprint_Street does not decay to 0. Instead, it decays to a convergence point dynamically calculated from averaging every lot’s EcoFootprint_Lot value in a neighborhood.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited June 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

Normally the neighborhood footprint value will slowly “decay” until it reaches the convergence point (in your case it will go from -88 to -500). Since you have the no decay mod, it will be frozen at -88.

@ScarletQueenKat 's no decay mod is only good for people who cheat the eco footprint state, as it will stay in the state you cheated afterwards. For people who play normally, it will prevent you from changing the neighborhood footprint through gameplay.

Thank you for clearing this up! Seems I misunderstood what the mod does. I assumed "decay" meant that the value would steadily go towards zero from both ends of the scale, because so many simmers reported that their footprint always becomes neutral again. But in truth it goes towards the convergence point? Sorry for sounding dumb, but english isn't my native language and this is one of the situations where it shows, lol.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited June 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

@ScarletQueenKat may need to know that EcoFootprint_Street does not decay to 0. Instead, it decays to a convergence point dynamically calculated from averaging every lot’s EcoFootprint_Lot value in a neighborhood.

Actually, my testers were able to get the footprint changed with the mod. I specifically asked my testers to test that, they claimed it was fine. Also, if you're going to tag me, please talk to me instead of about me, I'd appreciate it more.

I do know that it doesn't decay to 0. I changed the decay rate for both of them. I will however look into fixing the issue of not being able to change it through gameplay (assuming this isn't an EA issue), so thank you for letting me know.
    Post edited by ScarletQueenKat on
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!