Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more stuff packs and game packs in the future we need only expansion packs

Game packs and stuff packs are just worse versions of an expansion pack. If we could get a world for every pack we get we could get more things to fit in one pack. The reason why we get limited things on stuff packs is because stuff packs are meant to be empty so that you go out to buy the other larger packs. The only pack that doesn't seem to be like this is the laundry day pack, but other than that I feel like the rest should have been added to the bigger packs. Actually laundry should have been given to the base game as a main household function.

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I like game packs. Ts4 EP quality recently have been rather Questionable. Island living is so empty. Discovery university has hardly any fun gameplay. Eco lifestyle is good but soo buggy.

Not a fan of stuff pack apart from laundry and the knitting pack seems beefy.

All in all I do like the 3 pack model.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't mind the business model they have as much. The SPs could have been scrapped, but I do like the tinier packs so the wait for EPs isn't as long.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Honestly, the Game Packs are my favorite. And I like having the affordable Stuff Packs as well. They're fun.
    #Team Occult
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Do you want TS3 store to happen because that's how you get TS3 store.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Game Packs are fine. Stuff packs have always felt like a cheap cash grab to me.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    After seeing some of the highlights recently posted on the knitting stuff pack, I can seriously say I need me some more stuff packs!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't know about this I have been finding expansions to be so empty with themes not deep or well thought with a bunch of random things tossed in with a small world. Now game packs stick better with theme and go into so much more detail and stuff packs can be a hit or miss the community ones are better like laundry and now the knitting pack even looks well thought out it actually makes the expansions look sad in comparison seeing as its a $10 stuff pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • hotpinkkt_24hotpinkkt_24 Posts: 7 New Member
    I like how they sell the DLCs for TS4. That's not to say that some of the packs are empty, mostly EP's if I'm being honest. GP add the most imo, for what you're buying and spending at least. I like stuff packs because it adds a little bit of something in between GP or EPs. I just wish we could get more counters! Ugh.. also outdoor plants! We rarely get more landscaping plants, trees, bushes, rocks, etc.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I've never experienced past Sims games, so I don't know how DLCs worked back then, but I quite like the way they do it. Having a variety of different packs, at different prices provides something for everyone. Like Stuff Packs are great for players who are primarily builders for instance. Sure you don't get as many items as a GP or EP, but that way they don't have to drop $20 or $40 for gameplay features they're not going to even use. Likewise, non-occult players can simply skip the Vampires and Realm of Magic Gps instead of being forced to have Mermaids with IL. (Disclaimer, I actually love IL, so I'm not bashing it at all, just stating a general scenario.)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've never experienced past Sims games, so I don't know how DLCs worked back then, but I quite like the way they do it. Having a variety of different packs, at different prices provides something for everyone. Like Stuff Packs are great for players who are primarily builders for instance. Sure you don't get as many items as a GP or EP, but that way they don't have to drop $20 or $40 for gameplay features they're not going to even use. Likewise, non-occult players can simply skip the Vampires and Realm of Magic Gps instead of being forced to have Mermaids with IL. (Disclaimer, I actually love IL, so I'm not bashing it at all, just stating a general scenario.)

I don't play occults and have RoM and IL haha! Vampires I won't get but the other two unless you activate the occults they aren't in your game, so you aren't forced :D IL is my all time fav pack and 95% of my game play since it came out takes place in Sulani where my families live permanently... never once seen a mermaid... and my one family that doesn't live their lives in Glimmberbrook haha, never seen a spellcaster either!!!

But yes, I think the way they do it is great too!!! :) I like having all 3 types of packs :D
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like having the different pack types. I absolutely love the hyper focus on GP's. Stuff packs are more niche and that's great for character building and the price point is nice. I don't like big EP's without some cohesive theme either and so far there is always a tie for the EP's .. not as focused but it makes sense it doesn't wander all over the place.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    _000key wrote: »
    Game packs and stuff packs are just worse versions of an expansion pack. If we could get a world for every pack we get we could get more things to fit in one pack. The reason why we get limited things on stuff packs is because stuff packs are meant to be empty so that you go out to buy the other larger packs. The only pack that doesn't seem to be like this is the laundry day pack, but other than that I feel like the rest should have been added to the bigger packs. Actually laundry should have been given to the base game as a main household function.

I dare to completely disagree on your opinion and think like this:
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I like having the different pack types. I absolutely love the hyper focus on GP's. Stuff packs are more niche and that's great for character building and the price point is nice. I don't like big EP's without some cohesive theme either and so far there is always a tie for the EP's .. not as focused but it makes sense it doesn't wander all over the place.

Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I think they should drop the Stuff Packs and go back to a 2-pack model with Game Packs and Expansion Packs, with GP's handling the more niche themes like occults and hobbies, while Expansion Packs handle the beefier themes like farming, business, nightlife, and generations. The stuff in SP's should be absorbed into the other two pack types.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Stuff packs fill in the gaps and are like a treat to me. Game packs like outdoor retreat are a must. It's one of my favorite packs. Lately, I feel that expansion packs are subpar for the price. Eco Lifestyle is so buggy I disabled it until they fix it. Anyway, I think it should stay the way it is. I enjoy all 3 kinds of packs. They just need to test expansion packs more before releasing them. I feel like EA sets the release date and Maxis pushes it out the door for release whether it's ready or not.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Its ''okay'' but i kinda agree with the op.

I am sometimes confused why Get together and Island Living are expansion Packs.

Some of this Expansion dont offer too many new mechanics, that other EPs dont cover and that is not in the Basegame. Some of them are tight in one world where you can not customize it to your liking (City Living). Some of them have maybe one new mechanic (festivals)

Gameplay pack do it indeed better sometimes compared to the Expansions. Giving you one in depth made mechanic, which you can customize to your liking while also adding fitting and sometimes even more gameplay objects/careers/skills

Stuff pack should just be about... stuff again, leaving more gameplay features for the game and expansion packs.
    Bowling Night could of come with Get together. Fits right within the theme. Also Movie hangout
    Laundry could of come with Eco Life.

But the Sims4 has its budget and there is no way they could fit some SP and GP together because... reasons. At least laundry and some other stuff packs have more gameplay details and are a better solution then the overpriced store from sims 3
    I dont think they will change their formula this late. Why would Maxis/EA? I mean it sells pretty good.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i like haveing gamepacks stuffpacks and expansion they also add new content and story to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The "this should've been in base game" argument could technically be made for anything that's in packs.

I like having different types of packs: SPs are nice little addons of a specific theme, GPs and their focus are IMO a great model. I do agree that EPs feel like they don't know what they're about sometimes - GTW feels a bit like what I think GPs are meant to be and some other EPs aren't expanding on the game as much as I think they could (like why aren't there strays in at least BG worlds with C&D installed?).

But no, I really wouldn't like only EPs.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The SimGurus have a explained the background of this business model they are going with, with the Sims 4.
    They have said in the past, that:
    "Every player wants something different and we want to create packs for all types of players. Not all the packs are supposed to be for everyone but we make a big amount of them so that the player can pick and choose depending on what they want to do in their game."
    I'm paraphrasing but this is kind of what they meant. I think the idea is great, since there are people who want laundry others want occults.

Even though this new model has its disadvantages it is the basic idea.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    The SimGurus have a explained the background of this business model they are going with, with the Sims 4.
    They have said in the past, that:
    "Every player wants something different and we want to create packs for all types of players. Not all the packs are supposed to be for everyone but we make a big amount of them so that the player can pick and choose depending on what they want to do in their game."
    I'm paraphrasing but this is kind of what they meant. I think the idea is great, since there are people who want laundry others want occults.

Even though this new model has its disadvantages it is the basic idea.

Didnt know that. Well they have a long way to go seriously... espacially since they claim to be so diverse and inclusive.
    Appreciate the karbik Update, Diaas de la muertos, indian inspired updates.

Sims 3 Store was really expensive and a rip off, but they gave you a lot of options for all types of players, you just have to look at the worlds. One is called ''Monte Vista'' Italy inspired another one is Midnight Hollow with fitting cyberpunk designs. Hidden Springs, really woodsy that fitted perfect for fairies.
    and it was optional. You could even pick one hairstyle from the sets.

Next Sims Game could have World stuff packs with a world/build buy/cas for 10.- Thats how you reach differente kinds of players while also making it optional.
    Because the current model is ... oh well. Gonna buy 15.- (or better on sale) just so i can dress the baby up even though knitting is meh for me, because they most likely wont even give us baby clothes for the basegame and its not possible to download baby clothes alone, without having a new baby face.
    Babys are a MESS and they need an UPDATE. Thanks for doing it by adding a opportunity to dress them differently but dont give us Baby Updates behind a pay wall.

But okay... Sims 4 isnt over yet. I am sure they will find they way.

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I'd rather they just put everything in fewer packs, and then I can decide if I'll use stuff once it's all in my game. Even if I buy stuff or game packs, I don't use EVERY element of it, but I'm still paying for it. Fewer things in a pack doesn't equate to suddenly using all of the things, it just means fewer things that I still have to pay for. I'd rather everything be in an EP, and then I can sort through what I want to use and not use. I'd still probably end up not using things that I've paid for, but at least I'm only spending the 40 or so dollars for the pack, rather than not getting as much in an EP, still paying $40 for it, and then also buying GPs and SPs and not using everything because there's just a few things I want from the packs. The idea of freedom for players to choose is a sweet way of saying "we'd like for players to give us more money." I can still choose whether to use something or not if you put the stuff in a larger pack.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think that stuff packs have improved a lot recently and are good for what they are. On the other hand, expansion packs?? Not so much, they mostly feel unfinished like cats and dogs? Get famous without even bands for instance? I'm not even going to talk about the actual cash grab eco lifestyle and island living are. I like them, but they are not enough for at least in tiger sims games were EPs. Game packs are also better and seem more put together imo.

Edit: I think a few years ago they took a kind of break from SPs and came back better, maybe they should take a break from EPs as well.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I just wish items that provide some sort of gameplay would be included in game packs and eps instead, while keeping stuff packs for cas and b&b items only. This is personal as i mostly buy packs for gameplay. If it was done like i prefer, i would be able to skip stuff packs almost entirely. Some of them are pretty heavy in gameplay like the upcoming pack seems to be, but others i would not think of getting if it was not for that one new and exlusive item like bowling for example, or the butler. Gotta say it is a very good way to market sps to people like me who would not buy them otherwise.