Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

1789101113...Next

Comments

• SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what we can do with the furniture in questionable condition that you get from dumpster diving ? When I open my household inventory and drag the item to sell i get full price ! But when I put it on my home lot they furniture is unusable. How can I fix it ?

recycle it, get bits and pieces for the fabricator and the wood worker bench, and make new furniture or candles
    where are the community voting boards
    Should be one at the community center in your neighborhood, on a street not far from your sims home, and you can also vote by mailbox
    Does the geothermal lot trait keep the pools warm even in winter?

Are these swimming pools you're talking about ?
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @illustratedhappiness sorry to hear you are having those issues; I truly hop you get it fixed soon. It is winter in my game and my Sims only has $142 and living in a $600 apartment. I thought plopsy was in this and I realized oh--that is the next pack. Trying to figure out how to make money fast without having to borrow from his parents because I don't have enough skills for Freelance Crafter gigs anymore. :#

I’d say start digging for things, picking plants in other neighborhoods, fishing, or if you have Sulani beach combing (and digging), to sell things. I have one large 🐸🐸🐸🐸 family that don’t have regular jobs, but do these things to pay bills.

Breeding frogs, garden, wood working bench, fishing and selling the fish, fabricating and finding collectables where you can sell the multiples all will help in a pinch. You can also do odd jobs from your phone.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I don't know if this is EL related,but i've never seen it before so i'm assuming it's something new.
    5bT81Pb.png

Does anyone know what this puddle is? It randomly appeared.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    I've had them before and don't really know the cause. Roof leak? Pet mishap?
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    How can my Sims plant soybeans in their own garden? I can only harvest wax from the ones that grow wild. I couldn't find soybean seeds from the seed packs either.
    I saw James Turner growing a lot of soybean plants in one of his early access videos, but I didn't pay attention where he got the seeds from and I'm too lazy to watch the videos again. I will if I have to, but I thought I'll ask here first

Edit:
    I did watch James' video again and turned out that he cold harvest soybean seeds from the plants. I can't. I can only get wax. Now I can't even find soybean plants anymore, they have disappeared from the neighborhood. I have to give up candle making. :(

If you haven't gotten an answer yet, your soybean plants are out of season. When it is the correct season you will get both wax and seeds.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    If you put your plants under a roof (like a greenhouse) or even under the eaves of a home, the plant will be considered "sheltered" and will grow all year round. @Kimmer. Just remember if it's a tree you're sheltering, the wall height has to be middle or tallest height to accommodate the tree canopy.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    rudolpha wrote: »
    I've had them before and don't really know the cause. Roof leak? Pet mishap?

There are no pets in that household...idk
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    How can my Sims plant soybeans in their own garden? I can only harvest wax from the ones that grow wild. I couldn't find soybean seeds from the seed packs either.
    I saw James Turner growing a lot of soybean plants in one of his early access videos, but I didn't pay attention where he got the seeds from and I'm too lazy to watch the videos again. I will if I have to, but I thought I'll ask here first

Edit:
    I did watch James' video again and turned out that he cold harvest soybean seeds from the plants. I can't. I can only get wax. Now I can't even find soybean plants anymore, they have disappeared from the neighborhood. I have to give up candle making. :(

If you haven't gotten an answer yet, your soybean plants are out of season. When it is the correct season you will get both wax and seeds.
    Thanks for help @GwastenMica and @Isnishi. :)
    I eventually figured it out. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier. I do a lot of gardening in this game and I'm fully aware of the seasonal plants and how they work, but for some reason I thought soybean plants were supposed to produce soybeans in every season because they always produce wax too. I didn't even think of them being like normal plants. :blush:
  • ApoloApolo Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2020
    idkidk wrote: »
    I don't know if this is EL related,but i've never seen it before so i'm assuming it's something new.
    5bT81Pb.png

my sim has the Squeamishy trait and vomiting that every time he gets into a trash container
    Apolo wrote: »
    5bT81Pb.png

my sim has the Squeamishy trait and vomiting that every time he gets into a trash container
    Yeah,one of the sims is squeamish,makes sense then. Thanks a lot :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2020
    5bT81Pb.png

Do you have Realm of Magic? That puddle is green with yuk smell, just like the one's dribbled everywhere by sims that are cursed with Strangify.

Edit: never mind looks like it was solved :)
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Is there a dumpster anywhere in Grim's Quarry other than the community space?
  • wolfstarbuckwolfstarbuck Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question. I’m in grimes quarry and my eco footprint was green but just barely. So I voted to enact the green initiative NAP and it passed. But now my footprint is TANKING towards industrial!! Is this supposed to happen? I was expecting the opposite obviously. Kinda BS imo
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I have a question. I’m in grimes quarry and my eco footprint was green but just barely. So I voted to enact the green initiative NAP and it passed. But now my footprint is TANKING towards industrial!! Is this supposed to happen? I was expecting the opposite obviously. Kinda BS imo

I have experienced the same thing. I think the feature itself is broken. I was cheating the green everyday (which I NEVER DO), but then I just switched to a different save where I am not focused on Eco gameplay. I really hope this is fixed in the next patch...
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm suddenly having trouble getting bits - I've got loads of pieces, but no matter what I recycle, I never get more than one or two bits. Might be related to the July 8 patch? Or is it just me?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • makeshiftwingsmakeshiftwings Posts: 7 New Member
    I have some questions if anyone has answers:

1) Do the NAP's that sound "green" (power saving, water saving, recycling, etc) actually increase the green footprint at all? Or are they just there for bill reduction? I know the Green/Modern Development NAP's specific to the new town gets rid of the layer of garbage; I'm talking about all the other NAP's that sound green.

2) Does anyone know if there are things other than the build mode object footprint values that move the eco footprint, like any actual actions taken by Sims? I've read in a few articles that launching the rocket raises Industrial but that's it. Are there actions a Sim can take that move the footprint towards green, like taking out the trash or gardening or something? It would be nice if there was some sort of indication in game of what might work.

3) In a neighborhood where your Sims only own one house and the other four or five are NPC houses or businesses, is there any way to move the footprint out of neutral without going into all the NPC's houses in build mode and throwing a hundred free solar panels on their roof? Because that just feels like cheating.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Eco Lifestyle - Hydroponic Planters? : I downloaded a house from the Gallery. It said they didn't use Custom Content. In the house, there are Hydroponic Planters. I can't find them in Build/Buy in my game. Does anyone know if these are CC or how do you get them in the game?
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Eco Lifestyle - Hydroponic Planters? : I downloaded a house from the Gallery. It said they didn't use Custom Content. In the house, there are Hydroponic Planters. I can't find them in Build/Buy in my game. Does anyone know if these are CC or how do you get them in the game?

You have to make them. They are not cc; you can get them from the debug menu. If you don't know how to get items from debug, post here and I or someone else can explain.

PDWxp40.jpg
    I used to know how to get debug items. I haven't used them in a while. Will someone refresh my memory? Thank you.
    In reference to my previous posts: I know how to get into Testing Cheats. I just need the coding to show Debug items. I've tried bb.showhiddenobjects but nothing happens in build mode.
    @mebagl15. Open the cheat box by hitting shift, cntrl & c all at the same time. Type in "bb.showhiddenobjects" in the cheat box and then hit enter. Open the filter box on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Go to content tab & check off debug. You can also go to the pack tab & check off Eco Lifestyle so you only get the debugs for that pack. That should get you the planters.

Hope that helped.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    Thank you. After looking more closely I found them with the bb.showhiddenobjects.
  • foolsunfoolsun Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="stenopelix;c-17536799"]Has someone ever got their money back from Bess Sterling? My Sim already gave her 5000 Simoleons, never got something back. When she said she couldnot afford another investment, the relationship to Bess dropped.[/quote]

i do! I'm not sure how many time i funded her requests (it's quite a lot, that I'm sure of) but eventually her start-up does work out and she gave half of the first month's income (25k simoleons) to me