Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I would like for babies

I know some people might not agree but I just would love to have babies to be part of the family it kinda annoys me that babies are objects. Yes you can age them up and have toddlers but babies irl have more personality then the potatoes we have.... I know people are gonna say well they’re there for 3 days but I would love to play a full life

What I would love is to have them be like sims two babies but have the objects forms sims 3 with changing tables and be able to put clothing and little bows or hats on them. Have children be able to hold them with pillows in their laps
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I'm in the category of that I don't care cause they are only there for three days, however, I may extend their life before toddler if some improvements are made.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like BBQs for babies.
    BabyQs!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The new knitting stuff pack will let you knit them cute little outfits.. it’s not everything on the list, but it’s a start. I agree, I would love to see some cute little bouncy chairs or something. Locking the poor things in one room seems like neglect (yes I’m aware it’s just a game). I just wish they could have something portable so they could go places with the family, even just the backyard. It’s so unrealistic for a life simulator game, I mean I took my oldest on vacation (airplane and all) at 6 months old.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I miss giving them a baby bath like we could in sims 2. I don't need the baby stage to last longer but it would be so nice if we could carry them around the house.

I am really looking forward to changing their outfit with the knitting pack.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I agree. I want them to be improved so much, it would be so cool to be able to remove them from the crib, even just to place them in something else like a bouncer or rocker would add more realism. What annoys me most is that theres no customisation available to them at all, you really cant even change the crib. My off grid Sulani sims had a baby and that bassinet did not fit the aesthetic of the house at all :D It’s kinda cool that we will have some clothing options for them with the knitting stuff pack, I just hope it doesn’t stop there. With the exact same clothing and bassinet it really serves to remind that the baby is just an object
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Agreed completely. Babies are nothing but a screaming and demanding piece of furniture. U really would like them to be actually alive. For example, one could easily envision them crawling on the floor (Since toddlers don't crawl, that would fill the niche), trying to escape the crib. Heck, maybe even all of that plus make them uncontrollable. That would be VERY interesting. Essentially they would be a really chaotic sim that would require a lot of attention, maybe have very very limited baby unique skills that would transition into toddlerhood.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I want cuter babies.

They had such cute heads in TS3 and TS2 and then we get *that* in TS4, why.
    I only take cute pictures of them from the back. Their face would ruin it.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I agree. I want them to be improved so much, it would be so cool to be able to remove them from the crib, even just to place them in something else like a bouncer or rocker would add more realism. What annoys me most is that theres no customisation available to them at all, you really cant even change the crib. My off grid Sulani sims had a baby and that bassinet did not fit the aesthetic of the house at all :D It’s kinda cool that we will have some clothing options for them with the knitting stuff pack, I just hope it doesn’t stop there. With the exact same clothing and bassinet it really serves to remind that the baby is just an object

They should include at least one of everything when they come out with a pack that has a distinct look to it so you can have a cohesive lot. This includes bassinets, toddler beds and potties, kid’s beds, kitchen appliances, etc.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I wouldn’t mind if sims were born toddlers.
  • stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    I’d like to carry them around, too. I used to take my baby to the ocean in TS3 and to lots around town. And if you love playing with babies then you can turn off aging and play in the baby stage for as long as you like. I didn’t always do that, but I loved having that option. I don’t like being limited like this.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I want babies to be real sims and have items, clothes and more interactions. It bugs me so much that they aren't even real sims.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Confirmed: Babies get clothes when the kitting pack comes out.

Question: Has anyone got cc bassinets/cribs to work? I keep trying the ones from Around The Sims 4 but I can't get them to work.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

Question: Has anyone got cc bassinets/cribs to work? I keep trying the ones from Around The Sims 4 but I can't get them to work.
    I believe in order to make cc cribs work, you need to also download an invisible bassinet. You then use the moveobjects cheat to place it “inside” the cc cribs. I don’t use it myself so I don’t have a link, I just remember reading those instructions from a cc creator when I looked into them a while back.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

Yes I know this but it’s only this pack you get it no base game. So if you want clothing for the babies then you have to pack for a pack sadly
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

It's a nice start. However I will not be satisfied until babies are real sims and not objects.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

wow that would hurt
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

wow that would hurt

It's not about pain, even thought yeah - it would. It's about the fact that babies in sims 4 are nothing more than a furniture. Yeah they're cute and all, but it gets old very easily and quickly. And the fact that toddlers are rather awesome in gameplay doesn't compensate for it. Babies need to be a lot more, otherwise they're so boring that people just skip the stage completely. And no - not new clothes from knitting pack.

GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just want to see their needs so they don't cry as much.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wouldn't mind if babies were able to be released from their bassinets, though if they aren't I'd more than settle for some extra gameplay for them to at least make them feel like they aren't just tied to the bassinet.

Sims being able to knit onesies for the babies is a nice start indeed as they haven't had anything added for them at all since the beginning.

Or at the very least not just for babies, but more so things for pregnant sims in leading up to their birth to make it a bit more meaningful. Really need things like a baby shower added to planning events for sure which would be nice as well as relatives or friends recognizing said sim is pregnant in sending gifts to them. :)

Think I'd like things like that more moreso than babies being released from their bassinet prison
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    It would be good if babies could be carried around so that Sim politicians could kiss babies that other Sims are carrying, or are in a stroller or something. Everybody loves a politician who kisses babies. :tongue:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    It would be good if babies could be carried around so that Sim politicians could kiss babies that other Sims are carrying, or are in a stroller or something. Everybody loves a politician who kisses babies. :tongue:

that is in the game politician kissing babies but you have to go to a sims house to do it @Admiral8Q
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    As a family player, this topic makes me happy to discuss.
    It also saddens me that when I’m in build/buy mode and moving stuff around, then forget that I can’t save until I place the baby I have in my inventory.

A baby. In inventory.

Really just puts the icing on top of the cake! They really are just... there.

Once they’re home from the hospital I just queue up a bunch of care actions, like feed, change diaper, etc. Only to build a stronger relationship between parent(s) and child. I don’t even spend a sim day with them, because once they’re all good friends with the baby I just age ‘em up to get to more cute/interesting interactions.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @daydreams I agree. As an inventory 'thing' is a bit irritating. Though in base game with packs babies don't last long anyways. However my first time playing with just base-game no packs mods or knowledge on cheat codes, I had a single sim, Teresa Calhouni that had triplets, first time for babies in my play. Had to hire a full time nanny for them as babies and also get Don Lothario, (the father) to move in after they aged up to toddlers. He was basically a stay at home dad. It was interesting.

I caught a funny moment more recently when a baby was aging up to toddler, I paused for something else, but saw the baby in the air and aimed it for a screenshot.

I call it, "TOSS THE BABY!!!" :D

iqcUQR6.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    That’s hilarious @Admiral8Q ! “TOSS THE BABY!!!” is a good caption for it. Might I add that it can also be referenced as a game of hot potato? ‘Cause as we have established, babies at the moment don’t do much... so might as well be known as... potatoes. Crying potatoes that are always at risk for being taken away even though I swore they were just fed two minutes ago! Ah.

And I love the concept of Don Lothario being a stay at home dad. From what I can recall, he was a great father that one time I had a sim be impregnated by him. Wholesome content to see Don out of the Caliente house and teaching his daughter how to talk and such.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I know people are gonna say well they’re there for 3 days but I would love to play a full life
    If someone said that they would only be speaking of their own game but I guess some like speaking for everyone. If babies ever got a overhaul mine sure would not be a 3 day life stage I'd keep aging off and have them around a full Sims year before aging them up myself.

They really should take Sims 2 babies as a starting point and improve on them Sims 2 did an amazing job covering what you would expect of a newborn - 3 month or so baby while Sims 4 should improve on past games and give us the full experience be it tummy time learning to crawl and all that comes with it and and eating their first foods. To make babies even feel more so part of the family I'd love if there was a chance of a child sibling to become jealous of the baby when it comes home from hospital.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"