Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EL in other worlds

Has anyone tried to make other worlds industrial or eco friendly? I know a lot of people wanted to make San Myusho more industrial. Tell me what you did and post pics if you have them. I'm going to branch out into other worlds this weekend coming up.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've added the landfill lot trait to all the public spaces in the poorest neighbourhood in Oasis Springs and thrashed it with debug items. I then cheated it to industrial.

I have a mod that stops the eco footprint decay. My sims aren't involved in making the world greener so they don't do anything neither to make the neighbourhood cleaner nor to make it more industrial.

The mod seems to work just fine.
    I have been playing this household for 2 sim weeks and the neighbourhood footprint hasn't decayed to neutral yet. It hasn't decayed at all.

I did it for all the worlds. The poorest neighbourhood in town was made industrial and trashed. Tomorrow i'll take some screenshots.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've added the landfill lot trait to all the public spaces in the poorest neighbourhood in Oasis Springs and thrashed it with debug items. I then cheated it to industrial.

I have a mod that stops the eco footprint decay. My sims aren't involved in making the world greener so they don't do anything neither to make the neighbourhood cleaner nor to make it more industrial.

I have been playing this household for 2 sim weeks and the neighbourhood footprint hasn't decayed to neutral yet. It hasn't decayed at all.

I did it for all the worlds. The poorest neighbourhood in town was made industrial and trashed. Tomorrow i'll take some screenshots.

Awesome, thank you! Which mod are you using?

joRN1414 wrote: »

Awesome, thank you! Which mod are you using?

'No eco footprint decay' is the name of the mod.

'No eco footprint decay' is the name of the mod.

Awesome, thank you.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I haven't done anything eco-friendly yet. At all... ha!
    I have trashed at least neighbourhood in all worlds now though. I did like @telmarina did and cheated the ones I wanted to industrial. I added "landfill" lot trait to any community lot in the industrial areas.
    I don't have the mod but I'm considering it because I'm leaning back into rotational play and I don't want things changing while I'm gone.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I succesfully polluted a neighborhood in Del Sol Valley:
    7c04636b05405ebcb4daed30669caa3d4ccfdded.png
    All three lots are from the library. The left one is called Supernatural Research lab, it gave me industrial footprint on its own (I removed the furniture from the basement, though). I keep the household marked "Played", even though I rarely play them. But I read that played households contribute more to overall neighborhood footprint than unplayed ones.
    The right lot houses my played sims in this neighborhood. It is called The Hidden Box and is a junkyard.
    b2d7142bed45e54e9994eba4971c6d118cd000f2.png
    Finally the house with the hedges is called Zukunftshaus (from the gallery, I think, or from Blackys Sims zoo), the local community space. I'm very happy that it doesn't destroy my industrial footprint.

Meanwhile Willow Creek is ready to acquire eco footprint. All the lots have many plants and the families disposable cash to buy solar panels and wind turbines, so I expect the whole neighbprhood to convert after playing each household for a day or two.
    Camkat wrote: »
    I haven't done anything eco-friendly yet. At all... ha!
    I have trashed at least neighbourhood in all worlds now though. I did like @telmarina did and cheated the ones I wanted to industrial. I added "landfill" lot trait to any community lot in the industrial areas.
    I don't have the mod but I'm considering it because I'm leaning back into rotational play and I don't want things changing while I'm gone.

I am going to do the same with the neighborhoods. One trashed... etc...
    @EnkiSchmidt very cool. I'm gonna check out those lots. What was in the basement of the Research Center?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    There was one apartment for every type of occult in Sims 4. It was really cool, but in my story the research center is for mermaids only, so the other accommodations had to go.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My orphanage in the cheapest area of San Myshuno (the old salt house) has an industrial footprint and the nightclub next door. So I got plenty of smog while I played them.

I had given the nightclub the landfill trait and my orphanage had the one where your bins are not bottomless.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Thank you for mentioning the mod, this might be useful for me. I play rotational and haven’t quite figured out how to incorporate the eco-bit fully. I do love playing off the grid with all the eco-stuff. Not sure if I will ever turn on N.A.P.s but the eco-footprint would be fun to use in some way.

https://scarletsmods.com/2020/06/17/no-eco-footprint-decay/
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone tried to make other worlds industrial or eco friendly? I know a lot of people wanted to make San Myusho more industrial. Tell me what you did and post pics if you have them. I'm going to branch out into other worlds this weekend coming up.

You can't do much to San Myshuno as most homes are apartments. I made most if not all worlds more eco-friendly.
    Pictures might be added later.

Here is a picture of one of the karaokebars in San Myshuno.
    25_06_10.png

This is the top of another community lot in San Myshuno.
    25_06_12.png

The library in Strangerville.
    25_06_13.png

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
    @BoergeAarg61 : that makes sense. Do the wind turbines help with the footprint also? What about solar panels?
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

That is awesome, Ihave to learn how to do that.
    Well i come today with bad news...

Without even visiting the industrial neighbourhoods, they ended up decaying to neutral. It was something as 5 sim weeks after i first set the neighbourhood's eco footprint and started using the mod. The neighbourhoods are still trashed but aren't industrial anymore :(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2020
    @telmarina , I do not know why, but with Scarlet's mod, mine have not changed (still all the footprits like I set them up) , and yes indeed more than 5 weeks has passed by :/
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @telmarina , I do not know why, but with Scarlet's mod, mine have not changed, and yes indeed more than 5 weeks has passed by :/

Really? I've noticed just a few minutes ago that all the neighbourhoods i set to industrial before, are all neutral now... and i haven't visited them... i don't understand...
    edited June 2020
    @telmarina , I do not know why, but with Scarlet's mod, mine have not changed, and yes indeed more than 5 weeks has passed by :/

Really? I've noticed just a few minutes ago that all the neighbourhoods i set to industrial before, are all neutral now... and i haven't visited them... i don't understand...

Yes, and as I said, I do not know why :( (other than I assumed the mod is working).
    I have rotated between 3 houses, one at all zones, green, neutral and indrustial. Nothing has changed, and I even have the thing "on" at my settings.

Yes, and as I said, I do not know why :( (other than I assumed the mod is working).
    I have rotated between 3 houses, one at all zones, green, neutral and indrustial. Nothing has changed, and I even have the thing "on" at my settings.

Tomorrow i'll try to check what happened in my game... i was so disapointed when i saw my neighbourhoods all neutral... 😢
    @telmarina , just in case I want to add, I have changed all the houses , including community lots at that footprint. Industrial to all lots in that hood at Evergreen (where my rags to riches sim lives at container), Green to all lots at Forgotten Hollow (where my vampire sim lives) and as Neutral at BB to all lots (in the hood my third sim lives at).

@telmarina , just in case I want to add, I have changed all the houses , including community lots at that footprint. Industrial to all lots in that hood at Evergreen (where my rags to riches sim lives at container), Green to all lots at Forgotten Hollow (where my vampire sim lives) and as Neutral at BB to all lots (in the hood my third sim lives at).

@Ellupelluellu you mean you cheated at the mailpost in all houses? Or you have changed wallpapers and floors to industrisl? Because i hope i don't have to go build all lots...
    edited June 2020
    @telmarina , heh no :)

I had testing cheats on (needed) ,and made my sim to travel to community lots. While there I used the "eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 0 or 1 or 2", saved and left. Same with residential lots where nobody lives.

Cheats (testingcheats has to be enabled and you have to have a sim living in, or visiting that lot):
    eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 0 = Green
    eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 1 = Neutral
    eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 2 = Indrustial

At lived lots I just loaded them , and also with testingcheats enabled I used the cheat, exited out and made the household as unplayed again :)

@telmarina , heh no :)

I had testing cheats on (needed) ,and made my sim to travel to community lots. While there I used the "eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 0 or 1 or 2", saved and left. Same with residential lots where nobody lives.

At lived lots I just loaded them , and also with testingcheats enabled I used the cheat, exited out and made the household as unplayed again :)

Oh ok! I did this only at one place in each neighbourhood. I'll do it in all of the houses and comercial lots tomorrow. Thank you :)
    @telmarina , I edited my post while you answered, for more info :) I say just in case :)

@telmarina , I edited my post while you answered, for more info :) I say just in case :)

@Ellupelluellu thank you :)