Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate the sims4 after 5+ years. Would you recommend it to new players?

PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
Hello Simmers.

Sims 4 is selling pretty well isnt it? New players can even buy it on steam now. But lets be real, the Sims4 is still a pretty controversial Game. That has a a lot of ... Feedback. So do you think the game progressed well after 5years?.

Re: First poll... already messed it up... i do not know how to change or edit it.

I would say 4 but only with cc/mods, a save file, every dlc that is at least 50% off.

So if you are confused..
1 - 6

1. Red: bad. In every shape and form. I play previous titles
2. blue:okay, but not worth the money (bugs,boring). I play maybe 2h , saw everything and dont bother
3. yellow: somewhat enjoyable with or without mods/cc but still missing a lot
4. purple: I am a builder/creator/someone with imagination and its great for that
5. orange: Its the best game with mods and cc
6. green: great. I dont even play with mods/cc. I love everything about it.

Post edited by PreCiious on

How would you rate the sims4 after 5+ years. Would you recommend it to new players? 116 votes

bad. In every shape and form. I play previous titles
3%
Renato10EricasFreePlayVivi_WillowTreePreCiious 4 votes
okay, but not worth the money (bugs,boring). I play maybe 2h , saw everything and dont bother
21%
CK213GoldmoldarjeepjeepcatColorist40AnmirlaElegantblkchina1fruitsbasket101NinoosimDarkLady2788KaeChan2089CeiCeiHmotdkAPottsTrashmagicChadSims2DeKaypandie00Destin2016StrawberryYogurtFurSimsOfficial 25 votes
somewhat enjoyable with mods/cc but still missing a lot
27%
vancanuckfan86OneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshGRIMMYwinkeljohn78AlexaiSikoahGracefreindlyloljimbbqtaydevduhboy2u2bixtersBatmanFanGirlWaytoomanyUIDsjoannadiproseEvaliynDoodlyDoofusLiELFMonaveilTS1299 32 votes
I am a builder/creator/someone with imagination and its great for that
18%
Kita5399KHS12Lustianiciahunniboo1annaliese39MaggieMarleytexxx78Bearpal64TaraIris94RedShoe7KoteykaMarduc_PlaysSERVERFRAStarDreamerSimAlexandriaDezzyFoxArcherDKBrisa3467EliasVersacePlankton027 22 votes
Its the best game with mods and cc
15%
alan650111haneulalexandreafriendlysimmersLissyK9EnkiSchmidtApolojennlynhabelhinha35filipomelHopeyStarrFeisbukaitebirdonawireLairaDrakosperagogonerdfashionRouensims 18 votes
great. I dont even play with mods/cc. I love everything about it.
12%
shadyladynzmcruddDESERTFLOWER1981MindofyelelunicyBabykittyjadeSailorCetiTLM08musteniBusufuNindigoFunandotsKimmereternalrainnCavapoo_King 15 votes

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Except there are no numbers in your poll. It is hard to rate that way. Sorry.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I think it is a enjoyable game. In it's current state it has enough to offer (it was too incomplete at launch) and with so many packs everyone should be able to find a few the like to add more content to the game.

I think it is fun to play with or without mods and cc. I don't think they are crucial in deciding whether I like this game or not.

There are some points where the game needs improvement like more focus on family instead of the constant focus on young adults, babies as persons not furniture, better personalities. But that doesn't stop me from playing and having fun with it.

I think the game has it's flaws but is good enough to enjoy without mods/cc
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think the poll is weighed heavily towards not liking the game. So yeah, your results will be very skewed.

For me: I enjoy it and play without mods and CC. I don't feel like I'm lacking gameplay or items so much that I wouldn't be able to enjoy what's already there.

There are things I hope will still be added and improved on, some that get frequently mentioned and others that are my personal ones. There are bugs that I hope to see fixed, if at all possible.

That said, rebrand or not, if I knew someone who is into this kind of a game, I'd absolutely recommend it. (no point trying with those who don't enjoy simulation games)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm someone with imagination and I treat it mostly like a dollhouse. Although I wouldn't play without CC.
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would recommend it, but I disagree with the comments above when it comes to mods and CC. Mods and CC are what really make the game enjoyable to me and keep me coming back to play it.

It's definitely a fun game. However, without mods/cc/dlc, it gets boring relatively quickly and you get caught in a cycle of making the same boring old sims with the same boring old story. To me, the game gets repetitive very fast if you're not willing to spend a fortune on the packs or download mods/cc. There's only so much you can do in the base game.
    I'm you.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    As much as a lot of people don't like TS4 I enjoy it, with a game like the sims there's always gonna be a "this edition has this and this edition doesnt!". I prefer to just see it as it's own thing, there's some features I enjoy about older games and there's other features I enjoy about this game.

It was terrible at launch I'll be honest but now I think it's a pretty good game and I get a lot of play out of it (a lot more than any other video games franchise), sure it's expensive but aren't most gaming things nowadays?
    Other games nowadays require pricey gaming PCs or pricey consoles, monthly subscriptions to play online and cost $60+ and then they get boring after a few weeks. The Sims I can play every day for months and still enjoy it.

I have my criticisms with some parts of the game, but I have criticisms with every game in the franchise. It's a good game and I think people should give the devs a break sometimes as they are trying to make it the best game possible, but they've got restrictions and deadlines that they have to stick to as the higher ups care more about quantity than quality :|
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I'm someone with imagination and I treat it mostly like a dollhouse. Although I wouldn't play without CC.
    I agree with Duvelina, I’m exactly the same with it. I also wouldn’t enjoy it much without mods and CC, but that was true for all Sims games 1-4 (I actually had more for 2 & 3).
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    okay, but not worth the money (bugs,boring). I play maybe 2h , saw everything and dont bother
    It's not...really it's not really, there is just so many bugs and such set backs that it is hardly worth the countless money put into it.

If it weren't for mods that save my game and make it playable, I would have NEVER bought it.

It's horrible that you have to rely on mods to keep a game playable.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Even though I play with cc and a few mods I chose this because long before I ever knew what cc was i was enjoying my game. Once I discovered it I got addicted to the endless options in fashion lol.
    But yeah I would recommend it to anyone into these type of games. My sister plays on console mod and cc free and she loves it to death. She's always sending me pictures and it's the only game she plays.

And also all I play. I love it despite it's flaws as I surely don't know of anything in life that's flawless.😃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2020
    Everytime there is a new pack, I can only play for few hours in a day and already know all of the contents within, now that I think about it with every pack bought without discount the total price adds up to close to a price of a motorcycle.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    None of your choices fit for me. You have almost all negative options and one overwhelmingly positive. There's more middle ground than that I think.

While I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, I still do find the game enjoyable. It does need packs (IMO) though and the base game really just isn't good enough. The packs don't fix what is lacking, but they do help some and give your sims something a little more to do than watch them watch TV.

Would I pay full price and recommend someone pay full price? No. Would I recommend the game at a discount? Yes. How I would recommend the packs can't fall all into one either. Some are vastly better (or worse) than others. It's not the best game in the series, but it's not all terrible either and I don't use mods or CC and enjoy it just fine.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    After five years there are features missing that I would have excepted to have by now (cars, more family game play, etc.) But looking at the content we do have I’d say it’s a pretty solid game, with mods to help balance out emotions, personality and relationships it becomes the game Sims 4 should be without mods. My main complaint about Sims 4 is how they prioritize content releases, again there’s no reason why after five years we still don’t have cars and other highly requested features, my only wish after waiting so long for these unreleased features is when they do come around, they better be the best version of said feature in any sims game.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2020
    I wouldn't even play if it wasn't for mods & CC. Gameplay wise, TS3 is 200x better. I find myself getting bored in TS4 really easily whereas in TS3 I can play for hours & hours and never get bored because of how much there is to do.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Well, I don't love Eco Lifestyle, but I love mostly everything else, without mods or cc.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    A combo but this choice seemed best.

It's a wonderful game, I create with it, I would highly recommend it.
    I play with No CC and a very small handful of mods, not to fix things but to add a foster care system to it etc. I have played it without mods too and still very much enjoyed it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    For me I can’t play sims 3 because Mac. Ts4 is an acceptable substitute.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s not the best sims game and it has its flaws but I don’t think it's as bad as some simmers make out. Sims 4 does have a lot of strong points. I prefer it to sims 1 and I have recommended it to my friends. Personally I feel sims 3 is the best sims game as it had everything I liked. I don’t use mods or cc as I don’t like them.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I get bored after a few hours of playing and then take extended breaks in between. I'm talking months, even years between play sessions.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2020
    bad. In every shape and form. I play previous titles
    At this point I don't really care anymore. As a long time simmer I expected way more from a company like EA. They set the bar so high game after game with every single The Sims intoducing something big trying to improve the game experience, almost like without limits. The Sims 4 just served graphics (wich is very debatable), easy tools and stability. Other than that is just a big disappointment and the sentiment of frustration is a reality that never went away for me. The game lacks in gameplay and is way to overpriced and milkshaked to death in individual packs of content that used to be in a single dlc in the past.
    Back to the early days of The Sims 4 I was hopping the game to grow on me and find a way to be more tolerable but is almost 6 years and every single time I feel more frustrated on what this franchise became.
    If you are a new player, never touched The Sims 1 or The Sims 2, or even if you tried The Sims 3 but for some reason you never felt engaged with it, you will probably tolerate The Sims 4 but for me that deeply knows the past three interactions and developed a big love for any of them throughout the years, it is a big NO for The Sims 4 and it taked some time for me to accept that.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Overall, it's an ok game. I don't recommend it to anyone like I used to.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Right now it’s my favorite game from the franchise. I still have some criticisms and things i wish they would add or change, but it’s the game I’ve played the most and have gotten the most enjoyment out of in the franchise ^^
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well it is the Sims 4 forums so that might affect your result just a little bit...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Been playing without mods/cc because of being on console since 2018 and love the game. I don't have all the packs and I just buy ones that I know I am going to use. I was bummed for a while because we didn't have the gallery but now that we do I'm enjoying the game even more.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have twelve mods installed, and only two of them are a necessity for my gameplay, which is UI Cheats Extension and MC Command Center. The others are all just little features that I thought would be fun and was right about it, so I kept them in my game.

I don't use CC at all. There's been so much added to the game that if you prefer Maxis Match that you don't actually need it, it's more of an optional luxury.
    funny-gifs20.gif