Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @blondiebabe923 I'm so happy to see Bianca in your game and Reign looking so much like Cameron is such a treat. They're very cute together. UGH I hate the new poorly decorated thing. Such a bummer. Oh I like that you used a lounge chair in the living room. That was a great idea. The new puppy Oreo is adorable. Congratulations on the wedding and the nooboo!

@OJenn You know I'm over Uni with you. I knew it!! Congratulations on her big day! Now go have fun!!

@mattiemayhem I love that you had Brianna hook up with Johnny Zest. The house upgrade looks great. Oh my gosh so much drama with the townies! I love it!! The park is super cute! Sorry you didn't get your girl, but Julius will be a great son!!

@JordanNicoleJJ I just love your little guy Garbage. hehe her name cracks me up. Ooo Nona and Finn agreeing to this unconventional relationship should be interesting. I love seeing Nona excited about her blueprints. OMG raccoon babies! I want one!!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @debjameswhite I'll put the raccoons on the gallery so you can 'adopt' them if you want :wink:
    I put Lia's Container House on the gallery if anyone is interested.

The Shipping Views - New Container Home

Pictures

Download

mhMdg9H.png
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @OJenn I wish they had a love cause I would totally love your comment <3<3
    edited June 2020
    I am downloading it now @debjameswhite and considering moving my Willow Creek heir because I really want to see what my $40 got me ;) with the new pack.
    @OJenn I totally support your move! Lia is my Willow Creek heir too and her heir will go back to Willow Creek after I get to see what the new patch is like. Wish I had done that for some of the other locations too! Live and Learn!! Still can't believe this all started in 2015!!

Lia got to know her neighbors in Port Promise and I can’t say she didn’t find them to be a little strange sometimes.
    G0g51.png

She had a lot of alone time but found she actually enjoyed it.
    G0g68.png

But why is there always cake?
    G0g5U.png

She especially loved the views from her rooftop deck.
    G0g7v.png

She had lots of time to practice her violin. It always made her miss Jay knowing how much he loved it. She wished he wasn’t so busy with his military career so he could spend more time with her.
    G0lVF.png

Whenever all her cousins came over though, he always joined.
    G0g91.png

And they would reconnect.
    G0g9q.png

She was very well liked in her little neighborhood. People were always bringing her little presents.
    G0g9z.png
    G0gak.png

This woman showed her how to make candles.
    G0gbP.png

She was found to be in compliance with all the new rules which was good since she advocated for them.
    G0gce.png

She worked very hard on her garden.
    G0gd2.png

And occasionally she got to go out.
    G0gds.png

She was super excited when her Uncle Jette and Aunt Lucy showed up in her little neighborhood.
    G0ges.png

Jay left their date early, so her Aunt and Uncle brought her home.
    G0gfs.png

Jay started coming by more often but he always wanted to go to the diner and he was always interested in everyone other than Lia.
    G0gga.png

Lia threw herself into her work. Her floral designs were in demand.
    G0ggG.png

She had Jay over, but she was less excited about it than she used to be.
    G0ghd.png

The conversation was nice but the romance just wasn’t there.
    G0ghE.png

Lia tried.
    G0giq.png

But it always seemed the results of her efforts were bestowed on others.
    G0giL.png

She continued working.
    G0gjA.png
    G0gjM.png
    G0gkV.png

Jay continued flirting with others.
    G0gk9.png

Lia continued trying to win back his affection.
    G0gkr.png

Thank goodness for Dad.
    G0gkE.png

She was so happy for his visit and the familiar feeling of a game of chess.
    G0glB.png

The romance festival came and despite her foreboding, she went with Jay. She hadn't painted since college so it was fun to try that. He wasn’t interested and eventually wandered off.
    G0gmj.png

When she was looking for him, she ended up bumping into her father who was there selling paintings of his own. She spent most of the evening with him.
    G0gnw.png

Later though, in the bar across the street, this woman showed her some attention.
    G0gos.png

She threw herself back into her work.
    G0gpe.png

Her customers seem to think she’s worth romance!
    G0gpJ.png

So much so, that this one randomly called her up and asked her out! Why not? She thought!
    G0gBk.PNG

They had a great time!
    G0gEy.png

Just as they were finishing up, Jay walked in. He walked right past them like he didn’t even notice Lia.
    G0gFj.png

She said goodbye to her new friend and joined him at the bar.
    G0gFy.png

They actually ended up talking late into the night. Jay gave Lia his attention the entire night.
    G0gG4.png

She felt so connected that it eventually lead back to her place.
    G0gGu.PNG
    G0gGH.png

She felt so happy seeing him asleep in her bed.
    G0gHm.png

In the middle of the night though, he took off.
    G0gHS.png

But her life went on.
    G0gUb.png

Harvestfest came and Lia hosted. Her parents and brothers all came. The only one missing was Jay.
    G0gW5.png

He had other plans that day.
    G0gWK.png
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    edited June 2020
    @debjameswhite
    Jay is so rotten! Poor Lia. I downloaded your container home. It looks good.
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
    Popping in to say hi real quick. Work's been super busy this week, but hopefully I can post an update & comments this weekend :)
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all, Just popping in to say hello. Although I won't be posting anymore I will still be reading posts and following along. I just don't have the time that I once had to play and post. I don't want to lose touch with those of you that I have been playing with since the first challenge. I also look forward to meeting those of you that are newer to the challenge. I hope you all are doing well.
    ]
    I'm a bit late but I do have an update :smile:
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 1

These two finally have a house! They converted the old shipping containers on their lot into a modern container home. They added plenty of green upgrades, including wood chip flooring for the deck and lots of reclaimed wood inside. They're slowly upgrading all of the appliances to be more energy-efficient as well.
    ed1.png

ed2.png

My favorite part by far is the rooftop garden :blush:
    ed6.png

So, storytime. Garbage RAN AWAY like right after she got pregnant, and she didn't come back until she had her babies. But she did finally come back with these two cuties, Bandit and Trash Panda :smiley:
    ed3.png

Garbage is so territorial... :lol: The kits have such different personalities. Bandit (the one eating) is very active and playful, whereas Trash Panda is so lazy and sleepy all the time lol.
    ed5.png

Even when Garbage teaches them all of her bad habits they play, Trash Panda just sits there like a lump lol. I love them so much.
    ed4.png

Love Day rolled around, and neither of these two had dates, so they decided to be each others' date, as just friends of course... Finn got Nona a gift -- a bunch of seasonal seeds for her garden. Nailed it :wink:
    ed7.png

They went out for dinner at the new restaurant in town, the Caboose. It's an old train station that some local hipsters recently converted into a semi-casual vegetarian restaurant.
    ed8.png

Had to show off these two's party outfits 'cause they're so cute, and they don't get out enough :lol:
    ed9.png

ed10.png

They talked the night away, swapping old college stories and talking about their families and all. almost like a first date...
    ed11.png

They also learned that Finn is NOT good with chopsticks :lol:
    ed12.png

They left the restaurant and walked outside to a gorgeous sunset, and it just set the mood...
    ed13.png

ed14.png

They agreed that they might want to rethink their "just friends" arrangement...
    ed15.png

...and that they did :smirk:
    ed16.png

Meanwhile, inside, the raccoons were tearing up the kitchen, as usual.
    ed18.png

Poor Garbage is exhausted. I think she learned her lesson...no more kits for her :lol:
    ed17.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ Aww these two are too cute! Gotta love that "just friends" denial heh. They make one attractive couple!
    @debjameswhite I love Lia's house! Her rooftop view IS amazing! And her garden is looking so good!! Oh no...poor Lia. I hope Jay comes around :frowning: Annnd it looks like he isn't coming around. Well, that's his loss. That townie that asked her out is cute though! Oh of course Jay's interested now :expressionless: I saw that coming... poor Lia. I hope she learns quickly...

@amadazulsim I totally understand where you're coming from. Now that I'm back to work I'm back to being busy too, but I'm trying to find time when I can to pop on & comment. Hopefully I'll find time to play soon too, I miss my lil sim fam. I'm glad you'll still be here to talk to though! Hope you're doing well too :heart:

@ThePlumbob Hey!! Long time no see! Thank you for the nice comments :heart: I'm really enjoying this family, but I already miss my Willow Creek family lol. That's the hardest part about this challenge -- wanting to play too many families in too many worlds at once :lol: Oooo I see you have a new story I can binge...I'll definitely be following along with that! Hope you're doing well!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ I know, I'm good, hope you are too! :) I can't blame you for getting invested, these two seem really sweet even from the little I've seen of them. You're so good at making likeable sims, I just want to know what happens next for them :) They better not have second thoughts on the whole "not-just-friends" thing!
    @ThePlumbob I'm good too! Busier than I'd like to be, but I can't complain too much. I also wanted to let you know I posted another Norwood Legacy update (up to chapter 6 now), cause I saw your comments on that when I went to read your blog. Speaking of, I'm only on chapter 1 of your cursed legacy story, and I'm already so invested :smiley:
    @JordanNicoleJJ Great story!
    @amadazulsim <waves> It's so good to see you!! I'm glad you're still planning to pop in and say hi. I grow attached to our little sim family and I miss people when they don't come by. :)

@JordanNicoleJJ I love the little container house you did! Does having your plants under the awning change their seasons in any way? Is your house off the grid or is it connected? On the first picture of your update there is something to the left of the slider...is that the mailbox? I couldn't figure out what that was :) I love that garden bench. I wish they could do something at it though I don't know what haha. I love that Garbage ran away to have her kits. They're so cute. Awwww Finn and Nona's non romantic date turned romantic! Hooray!! They're so cute.

I'm so happy you came in with an update and comments! I'm starved for both!
    I am building a container house haha, someone stop me! Also downloaded an interesting mod that effects day to day life of my sims
    Sage's mini home tour
    Sage lives in the same neighborhood she was born in, her house is actually across the street from her parents.
    562d44b164.jpg

Its a modest little home but semi artsy to suite her style. (landscaping to come as funds come in)
    0ffba14d3c.jpg

6947bc49f1.jpg

f745476ac7.jpg

bcc4aab47d.jpg

e786c8bbf2.jpg

Sage's room
    07f6a9ce06.jpg

540138bbb0.jpg

f6ed653d0f.jpg

She seems just as happy as I am with how it all turned out
    474c63c26a.jpg
    @OJenn Your house is cute. :smiley:
    @OJenn Oooo I was just going to poke the thread and beg for updates and comments and you gave me my favorite house tour!! I was hoping I would see your decorate my container house but this house is so super cute! I love love love how cute and tiny it is and how you've decorated it. I also really love Sage. Can't get enough of her. I love her hair.
    @OJenn Also, can't stop you because I am totally curious about your house and your mod!!
    @Mionax Thanks!

@debjameswhite Thanks! I have no idea if the awning does anything for seasons tbh. I'm still in spring so my seasonal plants haven't switched over yet. I just put it up there cause they had it before and I wanted to "recycle" it somehow lol. They are still off the grid. They have enough power from solar panels and wind turbines to power all of the electrical things in the house, but they don't have enough water for all of the plumbing. I'm slowly upgrading everything with eco upgrades so they won't need as much power/water and can start selling it. I wish that garden bench was a variant of the flower arranging station! It's so much prettier, but I know the flower arranging was a pack item and they don't like to add old pack items to new packs. That is a mailbox by the front sliding doors. It's from Get to Work I believe, it's kind of a modern mailbox. I'm so happy that they're finally romantic too. Their romance bar shot up a LOT when Finn gave her the "romantic gift" (gardening seeds lol) on Love Day. It was awesome!

@OJenn Sorry, we won't stop you, we wanna see the container home! :wink: I adore Sage's house!! It's adorable and tiny and I looove all the clutter inside. It just fits her so well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top