Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I returned to sims 3, I don't think I can ever return to sims 4.

12346...Next

Comments

• theCCslugtheCCslug Posts: 1 New Member
    The open world truly was a thing of beauty. I remember creating nomad Sims who would go wherever the wind took them, camp when they needed to sleep, grab a "Shower in a can" to use in the public bathroom whenever they would start being followed by the smelly B.O green trail of shame. :D
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I love all the Sims games, but Sims 3 is my favorite. I've had to take a break from playing it because my laptop is getting old, and it's hard to run it without overheating. But before my fans starting struggling the game ran just fine. My current comp. is 8 years old now so I'm just waiting until I've saved up enough for a new PC to play Sims 3 again. I don't want to replace this laptops parts again, expecially since Windows 8.1 won't be supported in a few years and this laptop's specs are unable to support Win 10.

I've been playing a lot of Sims 2 and 4 lately, and I do enjoy both of them a lot. I'll never give up on my Sims 4 legacy, but Sims 3 will always be my #1 <3
  • CarlaLCarlaL Posts: 9 New Member
    The more I play TS3, the more I find the difference between TS3 and TS4 being huge.
    For instance, sims acts on their own in TS3 that I guess is a better AI working behind them compared with TS4.
    Also, the unlimited customization of colors and styles of virtually everything in TS3 make gameplay unbelievably interesting.
    The open world makes the whole experience much more lively than TS4.
    The only good things about TS4 to me are the graphics improvements and loading time. Sadly, can't think of anything else at the moment.

HOWEVER, I've found out lately that there are common shall we say "glitches" in the design of both TS3 and TS4, guess what? - the height of the Sims, don't you ever notice that they are all the same?! In the real world, people are of different heights. I am able to imagine if my the Dad is taller than the Mom, that would make he whole picture more immersive and realistic. I wish to see that in TS5 if it ever comes out?

Another improvement which EA can bring to TS5 is fatness on the face, not only to the body. It will definitely make each sim unique than others.

Hope seeing all these improvements in TS5!
  • Keljah08Keljah08 Posts: 16 Member
    I remember trying the Sims 4, I was really excited because when it came out I couldn't afford so I was "stuck" with the Sims 3 (which I really like to be honest). Then came a huge deal on Origin a few years later where you could download the base game for free and I did! As soon as I saw the loading screen, I knew it was not for me. Especially since I was playing on an old computer. Can you imagine having to wait at least 3-4 minutes every time you make your Sim go somewhere? No, thank you Margaret.
  • CarlaLCarlaL Posts: 9 New Member
    I am lucky to have my cousin's desktop computer. I am not into hardware and only know it's fast. He plays some shooter games and they all look very fast and smooth. When I moved from my MacBook pro to his computer, and run Sims 4 with graphics set to ultra, the whole experience is much much smoother than on the Mac. But the lack of open world is a disappointment X 100!

The only thing that Sims 3 is not sufficient is that Sims created is less graphically impressive than Sims 4. And the Cats and Dogs world is simply beautiful. It's a regret that the Sims 3 has no such world dedicated to Pets.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited July 2020
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    Returned to The Sims 3..got bored after 10 minutes and went back to 4. Not sure why, I continuously ask myself this but it's good that other people still enjoy The Sims 3. What isn't good though is the TS3 fans that attack the fans of 4 as if they're missing out on something amazing or just have a bad taste in games. Am not saying it's happening in this specific thread...but it tends to happen in general.

No need for that, I agree. I think that it is just disappointment towards TS4, not towards the fans. but sometimes that gets ventilated in a nonconstructive manner. I thought that were a thing of the past, though?

I don´t play 4 myself, just 3, since they still haven´t added teens to the game. I understand others are fine with this, but I just cant get over the 16 year olds going on 35. I did like sims 4 to start with. It was new and shiny and had things to explore. I never really got into sims 3 before that. But once I´d played sims 4 for a bit I found it just wasn´t for me. I started playing sims 3 and I could never go back to sims 4. The sims looked good to me at first, but now I don´t like them at all. Too cartoony, too blurry, too undefined. And that goes for the personalities as well. I get this creepy Stepford vibe from them.

I uninstalled and will most likely not install it again.
    I never uninstalled sims 2 or sims 3 even when I didn´t play them.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    Plenty of fun for me...I can and have spent sixteen hours on this game...at ONE shot.

Oh yes, the difficult part is convincing oneself to close the game at some point :p
    rhalius wrote: »
    Problem with sims 4 is that the building and making sims is fun, but actually playing the game is boring because all sims act exactly the same regardless of traits or age. They all act like some vapid hipster.

Agree. I wonder who´s vision lay the foundation to this.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    Plenty of fun for me...I can and have spent sixteen hours on this game...at ONE shot.

Oh yes, the difficult part is convincing oneself to close the game at some point :p

I've given up on that part. My games usually go until my computer says. "Eff-this...I quit!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah I was playing The Sims 3 for a long long time when it came out. And yes even just the base game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

I've given up on that part. My games usually go until my computer says. "Eff-this...I quit!"

... and sometimes after a quick reboot it is safe to continue for another marathon session :p
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited July 2020
    CarlaL wrote: »
    I am lucky to have my cousin's desktop computer. I am not into hardware and only know it's fast. He plays some shooter games and they all look very fast and smooth. When I moved from my MacBook pro to his computer, and run Sims 4 with graphics set to ultra, the whole experience is much much smoother than on the Mac. But the lack of open world is a disappointment X 100!

The only thing that Sims 3 is not sufficient is that Sims created is less graphically impressive than Sims 4. And the Cats and Dogs world is simply beautiful. It's a regret that the Sims 3 has no such world dedicated to Pets.

Isn't that literally appaloosa plains?
    It comes with the expansion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1sxvBYw2Y

+the kazillion customs worlds available for download :)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D