Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Laptop perfect for running sims 2?

SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
Anyone know of a good laptop to look out for to run sims 2?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You can look inside the read me files of TS2 and see what video cards or chips were acceptable back in the day. I would find one with Windows 7 on it just to play the game and not ever connect it to the internet. But laptops never did very well for TS2 but at least a 2.5ghs processor or more. Anything (video chips and or cards) that are much newer than the requirements will still require you to use the Graphic Rule Maker to make the game 'see' the better, newer card or chips and processors.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Darkwave7341Darkwave7341 Posts: 48 Member
    I recommend getting one with Windows Vista or XP, my Windows 7 PC won't run the Sims 2 at all so I wouldn't recommend Windows 7 or later.
    What's the deal with airline food?
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I see a lot of complaints about getting TS2 to run on Win10, but I have Win 7 and TS2 runs beautifully on my PC. As Cin said, due to graphics driver updates etc, you many need to use Graphics Rule Maker for the game to find your card, and because for some, shadows will appear as solid blocks.
    All of that is easily fixable with GRM and your game should run perfectly well on newer hardware and OS.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    Laptops Do not Run it. They run The sims Life Stories.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited June 2020
    Leosims wrote: »

My HP Pavilion x360 laptop runs the game very well. I have played this game on about 6 or 7 laptops previously.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Leosims wrote: »

Maybe 10+ years ago when lab-tops weren’t as powerful as they are now. But I can play all 3 of my sims games on mine with no problem.