Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Sims 5 have the same premades?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Goth, landgrabb, dreamer, etc
Im tired of seeing them every game.
Id like Sims 5 to start fresh with new interesting storylines. The best part about them was how in TS2 they had their own story background, the old photos in the album, and as soon as you began there was some action starting! I.e the calinente arriving at lotharios house!

340?cb=20090217233451

Id like Sims 5 to have that drama but don't want to see these premades again unless theyre nods to them like easter eggs.

Do you have any ideas for original storylines in the new game?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    I would be fine if Sims 5 went the Sims 3 route and the pre-mades were related to the standard families, but were not in the same generation. I'd prefer a Sims 5 world set many generations into the future, so we could see the family tree go back, but we don't feel like we have to continue the storyline.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Actually, I would like the same premades. I would like the Sims 5 to take place in future, or the same time as the Sims 2.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly I'm not that bothered about most of them, but sims like the Goths are iconic and I'd like for them to stay
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I love them and would like to see them in some form.

However I think it would be cool if The Sims 5 took place 40 years after the events of The Sims 2 and have some pre-mades be dead already, some very old and then general focus being on their children, grandchildren even distant relatives. We would need new stories for these new characters but I'm afraid The Sims Team wouldn't be able to come up with good storylines. They haven't come up with any good ideas with The Sims 4 and I'm afraid they don't love the game enough to create new "iconic" families.

Families like the Goths and Landgraabs should have statues of them in museums or the park.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Nope I hate when they mess with the premades, I love to see them just exist. Part of the reason I was so excited for 4 when they announced it was that it was an alternate universe version of the Sims 1. And maybe an unpopular opinion but I HATED what they did with the Goths in the Sims 2. If anything I'd like 5 to continue adding more premades, I dream of the day Frankie and Sylvia Marie Mashuga are the stars of the show in their full tacky glory.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I like the 'classic' premades. Wouldn't mind more being added though, it's always nice to see new sims :)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes and no. I would like to have the Landgraabs and Goths be future versions of Sims 3. I would like the option in the beginning to create a sim or to play a premade. However, I don't want all the premades coming back. I'd like to see some new ones. I'd like a few LBGTQ premades to start within Sims 5. Maybe have an area like Soho or Greenwich Villiage in NYC that is trendy and very diverse. I loved living in Soho and Greenwich Villiage when I was younger and had some of the coolest neighbours.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    Have some come back like the Goths but older and new townies introduced
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Games were set in different time periods and whole different universes just to have them. I dont know how they gonna explain it but yes i think i want some of them to stick around.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes, of course, TS5 should have premades - it's what links them all together in the franchise and I love finding out how the premades turned out in each iteration.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2020
    Personally I would love to see a continuation of, if the not the classic sims themselves, than the family and story of said sims. I understand some people might not want to see the same sims in every version of the game but I at least want to see decedents of them. Just keep the original story going and I will be happy. Also not opposed to seeing new faces as well and how they connect and add to it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    I just want what I was hoping Sims 4 would be before the dev team just got lazy and said "Alternate timeline" and continue the Sims 2 story. A timeline where Alexander is now the Goth patriarch with his own family, Maybe Malcolm Landgraab V made some really bad business decisions so Malcolm Landgraab VI is now living in a trailer park with barely a penny to his name, Maybe Strangetown is under the control of Pascal Curious' Alien child's crazy experiments. I don't know, Sims 1-3 had the best deal going on with the premades, while we're going around making our own stories we get to see the other families progress (or their beginnings as in Sims 3), and then Sims 4, again, got lazy and just said "Lol it's an alternate timeline. Malcolm Landgraab might've grown up with Mortimer and Bella but now he's a teenager while they're adults!"
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I really don't want a continuation though 'cause the mystery has been going since 2004 and it has become somewhat of a phenomenon. People have so much fun speculating I think a continuation would really ruin the mystery.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes. I think sims would feel very strange to me without the likes of the Goths or the Landgraabs. I'd be ok with their descendants and they should definitely add some new families as well, but they should keep some of the old names around.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I'm not sure, some sims seem to be almost part of the brand and a lot of people remember them so fondly. But I guess we also have to assume that they will probably make the sims 5 for people that have not played any previous sims titles.

I think they should keep the family names but maybe have a new generation take over in the sims5, depends on what kind of world it is.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i would like to see the broke family in the sims5 but with dustin as a child and brandy pregnant with beau and how skip drown in the family pool?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I'd like to see the iconic Families back. On the other Hand if they put back more effort in it (memories, connections between different families, history etc. ) they can make interesting new ones, as long as the game feels more alive.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think if they want to add the same staple Sims they should be great grandchilren of the founders like Goths, and Landgraabs. Landgraab was the CEO of The Sims or Maxis (I can't actually remember but very powerful/important producer/rich etc.) so I can see why Landgraab would still be in the game from way back. However, if they want to add the same premades it should be their heirs and those older TS1 Sims be buried and mean ghosts in graveyards. Such as Bella and Mortimer should be dead and buried, somewhere. Bella and Mortimer are staples from Will Wright day so yeah, I think they still belong as a legacy and tribute to the game's original stories but dead and buried.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I'd prefer to have all new families and stories. Not really a concern though because I'd just delete them like I do now.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I want some of the classic premades like the Goths back. I think that there should also be more lgbtq representation in the base game premades, though.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    EA should select some player remades for once. I have some Sims who have been well known around the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would like the Sims from Sims 1 brought back, like the Roomies, Bachelor. Hatfield, McCoy, Mashuga, and the other families I can't think of right now.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Depends on where it fits in the continuity! Same universe as TS4? I'd really love to see it set in the future or past, having older or younger versions of existing premades with a focus on their ancestors or descendants. Same continuity as 3-1-2? Again, future or past would be really fun. If it does end up being a totally different universe, then I would like to see new Sims entirely, albeit with an option to download older households like the Goths (kind of like how the Gallery has households like the Curious bros and the Smiths).

I also want Bella to appear somehow just because she's become a cryptid at this point.