Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I was right about the popcorn bit. 😉 that's a really nice border! What imaging software do you use?
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @mercuryfoam Thank you! I just use Photoshop - the frame itself I got from a stock image site, I just inverted it since it was originally black. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it for all future updates but figured it does give the story a bit of a "once upon a time" vibe 😁
    edited June 2020
    edited June 2020
    @DeafSimmer Simmer Thank you! :smiley:
    Forget sims, if it was me I'd find them disturbing! Though I guess with Cordelia now living in an area so populated with spellcasters, most sims there might not bat an eyelid!
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    I've only read the first chapter so far, but I really like where this story is going! I'll be eagerly catching up on the rest of it :grin:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you for checking out my story! I hope it doesn't disappoint 😊
    @DeafSimmer
    It really is - it's a lot from the gallery, it's called the Hex Spellcaster Shop. Fits into Glimmerbrook perfectly!

And they sure have, pesky things.
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Now I have to download the magic shop and try it out. :) It looks so cool in your screenshots and fits perfectly into the story.
    Ah, those pesky sprites are back! I am curious to see what happens with Cordelia's spellcasting abilities and if Grace helps mentor her in some way. I'm really enjoying this so far!
    @lone_cat It's super cute! I love the little garden area around it too.
    I will say I don't think becoming a spellcaster should be as easy as gathering a few motes, so that somewhat influences the level of spellcasting ability I think Cordelia has at the minute... then again, could you really work in a magical shop without some of it rubbing off on you?
    My goodness, those sprites must be dreadfully bored, or just have nothing to do in their home plane/realm/universe/wherever they go when they dissappear. I wonder if you can catch them in a magical trap or something, to keep them from coming back over and over again. Seems like the motes from Morgyn didn't actually help keep them away. Darn.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    I feel like you would make an excellent mage - what a good suggestion :) And yeah, given that the sprites have reappeared twice since the mote spell now it's safe to say it's not made them disappear (albeit has made them happier, perhaps). It was more of an experiment on Morgyn's part I suppose. That and we can't resolve all of Cordelia's problems by chapter 5 :D
    Cordelia returns to the magic realm in another attempt to tame the sprites.

Chapter 8: Trial of Elements

ViOwQkw.jpg
    Chapter 8
    I don't have the RoM game pack, so I don't know how much is gameplay and how much is you adding to the magic lore, but I like the little snippets of information you're giving us about magic :smiley: Also, my sixth sense is waving big red, Morgyn-shaped flags in my face. He spells bad news. Go back to your sage duties, Morgyn! Shoo! ElfyDandelion has the friendship base covered already, and he's much cuter. SHOO.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @DeafSimmer
    I don't know if I'd entirely take everything Morgyn says at face value...

@_sims_Yimi
    I put a bit of my own twist on things because magic in game is absurdly easy! It's a fun pack though, with your story I would recommend it for sure!

Lol your comment made me laugh! I don't know what you're talking about, Morgyn is excellent news o:)
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I agree, Morgyn is up to something, and probably hiding secrets. Plus, I think he's the type of person that just likes to toy with people for his own enjoyment. But I'm glad Cordelia is speaking her mind and not just taking his punishment.
    It is super easy to become a spellcaster in-game, so I'm glad you're making it harder in the story, and that Cordelia has to do some work to get there. Now she just needs a good mentor that will teach her, but so far Morgyn and L. Faba haven't been willing to give out their knowledge, maybe Simeon will come around eventually and help her? I'll have to keep reading to find out. :)
    @lone_cat
    You guys are so suspicious! :D I'm sure Morgyn is perfectly swell and innocent :p

Yeah I don't really feel like it should be a power the sages would bestow on any rando that waltzes into the magic realm! Hmm, Simeon is older than Morgyn and L Faba, so perhaps he is wiser. We'll see if that means he'll share that wisdom or not!
    edited June 2020
    @IllusoryThrall Thank you, I hope you enjoy :)
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    My first instincts was to scream. But I already screamed at someone else in their thread and I think I did scream in my comment on your blog LOL. Girl my heart, it's all over the place. It's so funny and cringey then funny and cringey. This rollercoaster I just can't. :lol: AH thank watcher for Dandy. He quelled it all and my fragile heart. I need to lie down for a bit after that chapter. :joy: