Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods for eco lifestyle

susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
edited June 2020 in Gameplay Mods
Hi! I've yet to find any mods or mod requests specifically for eco lifestyle, mostly because news articles keep overflowing google... (And of course its a bit early yet) As new mods are made I think it would be great to have this thread where we can link mods that are specifically for what eco lifestyle adds!

While we wait, maybe we could post som ideas that fit well with eco living, industrial living, neighbourhood action plans, community spaces or anything else that came with the pack.

In the broken mods thread there is a a small list of eco-lifestyle-mods as of yet.
Broken CC
New Mods and CC of Particular Interest for the Patch/Pack

Reminder!
Please don't use multiple mods to fix a single problem — they are likely to conflict with each other.
Post edited by susannesims on

Comments

• susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2020
    I posted a comment in the Mod Request Thread as well, but as most of those requests are for tuning small things I think it would be nice having a specific thread thats eco lifestyle related.
    Some eco-lifestyle requests:
    A trait or some neighbourhood N.A.Ps for people who want to be more industrial, and a tuning mod that makes neighbourhoods go industrial faster.
    I do like the message that if you do nothing the world goes bad, because thats real life, but right now the message is if you do nothing the world goes green or neutral. What I'd like is:
    - First and foremost: tuning so that actions (outside of the careers) have more reprecussions for eco footprint and that it goes slowly moves toward industrial with time so you HAVE to countereffect it
    - A mod that changes the threshold of industrial eco footprint. Right now its 100% of the bar, but it really should be at 70% or even 50% to the right
    - A trait for "Non-believer in eco footprint" that repeal green N.A.Ps and will tell people eco footprints is a hoax.
    - A trait about loving industrial developements at all costs that will vote for modern developements, technology stuff and kinda be like Bess when talking to people. Would be cool if they'd vote for a "industrial" N.A.P.
    - An industrial N.A.P. that made the energy in bills really cheap because it comes from an unclean source so it has hugely negative eco footprint.
    - A N.A.P. about using more water that encourages watering lawn with sprinklers and owning pools or water activities. Enacting this plan also impacts eco footprint negatively and gives a 15% discount in water bills.
    - Lot traits, or some objects or cheat to make specific lots have very industrial or very green footprints. As of now the cheat will revert back to normal which isnt quite what you want. This would be ideal for making a pretend fossil fuel factory or windmill park and set the footprint better for storytelling. I'd also like if the volcanic lot type added industrial footprint ehe
    edited June 2020
    I found some for eco lifestyle:
    - N.P.A Autonomy fixes by Simvasion: Fixes the bug where all N.A.Ps active in the different neighbourhoods will be active everywhere.
    - Eco Lifestyle Interaction fixes by Simvasion: Fixes a bug where temporary items for N.A.Ps dont dissapear and clutter every NPC's inventory making the game slower
    - Increase Industrial Utilities Production by KcOptz. Makes Industrial generators give more industrial footprint and earn more money
    - Eco Community Annoyances by Zero. 3 mods: One that makes the new eco friendly traits not get tense moodlets from off the grid showering, one that makes only recycle disciples be a scrounger in community lots (I think thats so the dumpsters wont be empty all the time) + it removes recycle disciple idles and autonomous swiping.The last one makes sims be eco mentors in their own town only and only vote in their own neighbourhood
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I would really like a fix for whatever bug is forcing all neighborhoods to neutral and getting neighborhoods that start in neutral completely stuck on it. I don't know what triggers this bug, but I have it, it affects every save file even when I remove all CC and factory reset my game, and it makes the main feature of the pack completely unplayable. I hope the devs will fix this, but given their total silence on the issue so far, I would really appreciate any help from the modding community.
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Unrelated to bug fixes, I would also really like a mod that gives all plants (houseplants, etc.) a green eco footprint effect and cooking/consuming meat an industrial eco footprint effect.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    edited June 2020
    Unrelated to bug fixes, I would also really like a mod that gives all plants (houseplants, etc.) a green eco footprint effect and cooking/consuming meat an industrial eco footprint effect.

OOh thats such a good idea! I love the meat one. As for the houseplants, im not so sure. In real life, having a few plants will nowhere near make up for your footprint so its quite unrealistic. They do have that bushes and trees give green footprints, and I think some indoor plants give a +minimal green footprint, but maybe they should go through it and add more.

I also think that it would be nice if any newly bought objects gave industrial footprint because obviously consumerism in general is negative. Would give more use for the flea market, woodworking and fabricator
    I would really like a fix for whatever bug is forcing all neighborhoods to neutral and getting neighborhoods that start in neutral completely stuck on it. I don't know what triggers this bug, but I have it, it affects every save file even when I remove all CC and factory reset my game, and it makes the main feature of the pack completely unplayable. I hope the devs will fix this, but given their total silence on the issue so far, I would really appreciate any help from the modding community.

Yeah, thats quite annoying. Honestly I'd be happy with a hotfix where some CC creator could create an object with like +50 industrial footprint or something so you could easily adjust eco footprints in a neighbourhood
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    There's this one that prevents the eco footprint from sliding back towards neutral without a player's intervention:

https://scarletsmods.com/2020/06/17/no-eco-footprint-decay/
  • hallsignshallsigns Posts: 6 New Member
    I would really like recycling to increase your green footprint.

Also, when diving for deals from dumpsters it only seems to pull certain types of items. It favors the special ts1 items added to game, beds, and bathroom plumbing. It's next to impossible to get a counter... And no skill items can be fished out. It would be cool to see more variety or to be able to tweek the variability of items seen or condition found in.

Would it be be possible to mod the dumpster to include CC buy mode items you have added to the game when diving for deals?

More industry NAPs that could increase pollution and industry footprint. Pro-business Anti-hippie
  • SlzttySimmerSlzttySimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know if there is a UI extension sort of mod where you can slide the Eco Footprint of neighbourhoods?
    If not.. we SO need one :p
  • Draven298Draven298 Posts: 1 New Member
    anyone know of a mod that increases the bills or is there an option somewhere to change it back? Sims get paid way to much for such little amounts of bill. I want to pay bills according to how much my sim is worth. Not pay 300 when I have nothing and 300 when i live in a mansion. That just seems silly to me and not challenging at all.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Draven298 wrote: »
    anyone know of a mod that increases the bills or is there an option somewhere to change it back? Sims get paid way to much for such little amounts of bill. I want to pay bills according to how much my sim is worth. Not pay 300 when I have nothing and 300 when i live in a mansion. That just seems silly to me and not challenging at all.

@Draven298, here you go:

https://modthesims.info/d/644751/fix-capped-lot-taxes-bills-eco-lifestyle-patch.html
  • KittyQueenKittyQueen Posts: 4 New Member
    I would definetly need a mod where the other words don't have the "neutral" footprint. I don't actually want ANY footprint, I think is kind of annoying.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Anyone know of a mod that instantly changes the neighborhood homes into the modern eco-friendly style?
  • wingedwalkerwingedwalker Posts: 5 New Member
    Anyone know of a mod that adds the Eco-Lifestyle traits to the trait requirement lists for Get Together's clubs?( Seem EA stopped bothering to update Get Together Clubs after a certain point.)
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Does anyone know of a mod that could make the fireplace upgradable so it won't impact industrial (as much) like making it electric? Or a mod for a fireplace insert that can be set on a wall and run off of electricity instead of fire?
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    edited June 2021
    Heres a trait for industrialist sims by Marlynsims!

https://patreon.com/posts/industrialist-46367640

And Magneticsims has made a combined file for their NAP overrides and fixes

https://patreon.com/posts/nap-overhaul-all-44426773
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    Draven298 wrote: »

@Draven298; https://simrealist.itch.io/snb-bills
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen