Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Meat Wall (happy thread)

NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
I finally have one and what a super practical thingamajig it is.

I wish something like that existed in real life - it would be so much easier to go vegetarian or even vegan. Somehow, I feel it is akin to the cowplant which is just as odd.

Also, I'm reminded of another game called Planetbase where your little colonists can grow synthetic meat. So, it's actually a pretty futuristic concept.

Now, I'm also a WoW player among other things which means I'm used to all kinds of weird stuff. And I find that I cannot in any way be shocked or disgusted by the Sims 4 little "meat wall". It's a good, fun and animal-friendly idea completely in tune with other Sims weirdness. I call mine Harry Potter and it will gets its regular massages to stay fibrous and springy :D

9UubWpm.jpg
bqSpFc1.jpg
Almost like a kebab meat rack.

Do you have one? What do you call it? Where have you put it? Mine is in the kitchen.

Hate towards this object is not welcome here. Make your own thread if you need to rage about it ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Post edited by Nindigo on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I finally have one and what a super practical thingamajig it is.

I wish something like that existed in real life - it would be so much easier to go vegetarian or even vegan. Somehow, I feel it is akin to the cowplant which is just as odd.

Also, I'm reminded of another game called Planetbase where your little colonists can grow synthetic meat. So, it's actually a pretty futuristic concept.

Now, I'm also a WoW player among other things which means I'm used to all kinds of weird stuff. And I find that I cannot in any way be shocked or disgusted by the Sims 4 little "meat wall". It's a good, fun and animal-friendly idea completely in tune with other Sims weirdness. I call mine Harry Potter and it will gets its regular massages to stay fibrous and springy :D

9UubWpm.jpg
    Almost like a kebab meat rack.

Do you have one? What do you call it? Where have you put it? Mine is in the kitchen.

Hate towards this object is not welcome here. Make your own thread if you need to rage about it ;)

If we colour it purple and lime green we could pretend it came from Sixam. :joy: Don't have one yet, but soon! :naughty: I must agree that the massages are a nice touch, there's nothing like bonding with your dinner. :lol:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    I haven't touched it yet. But it looks really tempting :smiley: i haven't touched in a lot of EL features yet if i think about it... the meat wall, solar panels, wind and rain collectors, community centers, i have a lot of naps to try yet... i implement the new gameplay with my own stories so im exploring the pack really slowly :)
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I think this is where Burger King gets the Impossible Whopper. I love the meat wall because it is so creepy. I haven't gotten one yet.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's not pretty enough for my sims homes. :D
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    My gripe is that you can cook hamburgers with fake meat, but not veggie burgers so can my veggie sims even eat it - even though it's fake?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    That looks awesome in the kitchen! Shame we can't make chip shops and have it there to serve kebabs :D

I can't wait to get a meat wall, can you just remind us how that happens plz?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2020
    @elanorbreton Sure! You have a Sim join the Civil Designer career. After a few of promotions (two, I think it is), choose the Green Technician branch. The following promotion to Design Guru grants you access to growing 'Cruelty Free Meat'. You then just place a vertical planter from the 'Outdoor Activities' category - and clicking on it, you now have the option to grow it :smiley:

@SageRainWillow No gripes in this thread! Yes, the faux meat is vegetarian-safe when used in vegetarian dishes. For some obscure reason, it is not if your Sim was to simply eat the cube as is.

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    The moment I saw that wall I knew I loved it. And if I ever find a mod that will change its naming from "faux" to "REAL" Im downloading it immediately!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I'm getting a Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe... >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    You do, huh? It's just synthetic meat. There is no blood or anything.

Below is a real-life kebab "machine". Not much difference from Duane harvesting a cube in my OP:

zEBNpRL.jpg

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    edited June 2020
    I cheated to get one after I saw this, couldn't help it lol. :D mine is sweet pea
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I like the meat wall because it weird.

I found out that if I have my Sims make meat juice and they drink it the get sick and eventually they throw up.

Also, if they just eat a meat cube from their inventory it does nothing or very little to fulfill hunger. The bar did not move enough to see even after eating 3 meat cubes.

Have not cooked with it yet. Nothing comes up yet. I have to raise cooking skill higher or it's broke in my game or I am blind. Have not seen anything yet on the stove. I will try a grill later.

Can't put meat cubes into fridge so I assume the Sim doing the cooking has to have them in their inventory first.

If I let it dry out and they get jerky I wonder if it fulfills hunger.

Anyway the NAP's are out of hand in my game causing problems (fatal exceptions caught by MCC) so I think I am going to disable the pack until they fix it. My meat experiments will have to wait.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I like this object because it is really possible in near future. As I have heard, scientists have successfully started to grow meat by extracting some animal cells and having them grow. Though this process is really slow, you can get meat from it without having to kill an animal.

When it will be used in real world will be revealed by time. Before that, let's enjoy this object. I would even get an eco engineer growing it in other households so everyone can enjoy it (and the labor to keep it healthy and improve its quality).
    edited June 2020
    @AnnLee87 To use it in cooking, simply hover your cursor over some of the usual recipes containing meat and some will now list 'faux meat cube' as ingredient. There are no new recipes specifically based on faux meat as such, to my knowledge.

Also, I can put mine in the fridge. The faux meat ones, at least. I get the impression there is a "regular" meat wall to harvest regular 'meat cube' from? Maybe those cubes are bugged and cannot be refridgerated?

You can disable NPC voting from Settings. And you use 'testingcheats on', then shift+right-click on the mailbox to instantly repeal current N.A.Ps. No need to disable the entire pack :)

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @Nindigo I did repel and then disable NPS but my Sims keep doing the annoying crap. And the kids who do adult things are contortionists causing errors in my game. It's my 3rd save that went wonky. lol

Thanks for the tips about the meat wall, though I am disabling the pack. I already made up my mind. I want to play flawlessly without glitches that ruin my immersion into the game. I don't want to play half the pack by disabling NAPs etc. I want the pack that I paid for to work correctly. It will stay disabled until they fix it.

Also, by disabling the pack I will be able to see if it fixes the gardening issues.
    One more thing. I can't play in an industrial world. It's keeps going neutral even though I built and played all the lots making them industrial. The pack is broken!
    Okies, well...back on topic :D

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I know I'm over thinking it but I'm curious as to what makes it grow?? :D
    It needs watering like other plants. But you can't fertilize it seemingly, or evolve it (I think). I don't know if massaging it does anything if you keep at it vigorously. Maybe it'll improve the quality? I have yet to discover.

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I love my meat wall, I can't tell you what I call it because it'd get flowered out anyway. I want to make a serial killer/ Civil Designer Sim whose whole house is just one row of meat walls with the names of all of his victims. I could have called it Quorn, but nah.... I am vegetarian and I see enough of that as it is. I didn't get why people were so offended by it's inclusion...farming is going to be such fun if that ever comes out because we all know what happens to pigs, cows and chickens. Still, loving the meat wall, loving massaging it and feel they missed a trick in not letting the sims lick the meat wall to test it for readiness.
  • markicheriemarkicherie Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="SageRainWillow;c-17554578"]My gripe is that you can cook hamburgers with fake meat, but not veggie burgers so can my veggie sims even eat it - even though it's fake?[/quote]

I thought the "faux meat" will be okay for my vegetarian sims because its suppose to be "fake" right, but turns out it doesn't. My sim was sad from "violating principles."
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    It reminds me of lab-grown meat... but I haven't played with the meat wall yet. I like that it can be used in vegetarian dishes.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    I really want it cause i figure i could make butchers shop with it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    I really want the meat wall but the sim that I am using I think i sold there working tablet by mistake not sure.if I can buy one again.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I think this is where Burger King gets the Impossible Whopper. I love the meat wall because it is so creepy. I haven't gotten one yet.

LOL. Funny.

I find it an interesting item, but vaguely creepy, ok really creepy. It seems like it would be a fabulous addition to a grocery store or oooh, a creepy serial killers basement!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I love this meat wall! There's so much story potential with it and the little innuendos are hilarious! :D Too bad it's locked behind a career but thankfully it's been long enough now and people have posted them to the gallery. :) Yeah... I'm that lazy... haha. I also wanted it for stories but that career didn't fit with the stories I wanted to tell so it's great that they did make it so that we can save it as a room to just add back to any household.
    Origin ID: Peapod79