Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Offering Legal Representation?

Has anyone discovered whatever hoop that's needed to jump through to be able to offer legal representation in the (DU) lawyer career? My sim's charasima is high and she has a relationship with the people she asks but she keeps getting denied. Any advice to get around this would be appreciated.

Comments

• WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    I have found the effort extremely lengthy... Basic steps I've been following: Focus on one Sim as a time ('cause those suckers run away while you're talking); As you pointed out, build relationship; then, get to know actions, keep at the personal (not just "friendly") interactions, then attempt Offer Legal Representation. I keep them in conversation until the Offer succeeds.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Does asking them to hang out help? Because as you say, they tend to run away :neutral:
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My Sim's been successful at getting two clients to accept her offer to represent them, but the task only shows, 'just started'. I can't figure out how to advance it further. The next day, after work, she had the same task, but it showed as not started at all.

Does anyone know how to complete this task? I checked Carl's site, and there is no help there.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    you have to get 3-4 I believe to complete the task.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Oh, so I guess it was a good idea for my Sim to ask to represent his Artist wife and their Rock Star son if he could represent them. Next, he can ask their Archaeologist daughter and then their aspiring physician son, too. :open_mouth: That makes the family sound as if its in serious trouble. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    you have to get 3-4 I believe to complete the task.

Ugh - and then do it all again the next day? I do everything I can to avoid having my Sims meet other Sims, since it generates constant cell-phone harassment.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You can always skip the Daily Task. Promotions might take a little longer to earn but you'll still get them if you're doing everything else right.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    If you don't mind cheating and have parenthood pack. Give your sims the responsible trait, the daily task is always completed.
    If you don't mind cheating and have parenthood pack. Give your sims the responsible trait, the daily task is always completed.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work with the semi-active careers, unless they've fixed it very recently. I'm going to count on her getting promoted without completing the task - it's only this level and the next with this requirement. Or, I might try working from home to see if she gets something better to do.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @TheFlyingGentleman is that so? A lot of my career daily tasks are always completed without me doing much of anything and I’ve always wondered why. I guess now I know!
    edited January 2020
    So, my Sim worked from home for a couple of days and got better choices and is now a judge. Only, her work from home (I'm not sure how a judge works from home, but never mind) includes giving a 'guest lecture to a law class at the university'.

This should be available by phone or by clicking on a classroom at one of the universities, but I've only got the option to 'sit in on a law class' (or something like that). I did that, but it did not fulfill the job requirement. She has an '8' in charisma skill and '10' in logic and in research, and I did travel to the university to see if I got the option there, but it's the same: I get 'sit in on a law class', not 'give a guest lecture' when I click on the classroom. I'm thinking this one might actually be a bug?

Her regular 'homework' (when she goes to work) is to 'make rulings', which seems rather capricious - no jury trial? The judge decides whether these people are guilty or not? With no evidence presented? (I gave a pass to the Sim who knocked over a vending machine that failed to vend but sent up the kids printing counterfeit money and running the internet scam.) Do our rulings matter for job advancement?

Editing to add: Solved. The ability to give a 'guest lecture' is a perk that comes with the next promotion. So, it is a bug that it's a potential 'work at home' assignment at the first level of the judge branch, but the ability to do it isn't available until you get to the next level.
    Post edited by invisiblgirl on
  • Simsplayer5894Simsplayer5894 Posts: 1 New Member
    to complete it, once you have got a client to represent, file court documents and legal motion on the computer and it will be completed ❤️
    to complete it, once you have got a client to represent, file court documents and legal motion on the computer and it will be completed ❤️

I'll try that the next time I play the lawyer career, thanks!
  • fireworks998fireworks998 Posts: 3 New Member
    Selecting get to know then offer legal representation works about 40 percent of the time
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Visit University Law Class and Guest Speak at University About Law are time-limited actions. I think they become available around 8:30am. Once it's late enough in the day, they show up on your phone and on university class buildings. My judge only had them on the UBrite buildings, so be sure to check both campuses.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sim tried 5 times and got a yes all 5 times but he was only at 25%. And it took most of the night and his needs in the red zone. This is not possible, even if he keeps getting yes. At 3 it was 25% so it would take 12 yes's at that rate.
  • ProperProper Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everybody, offering legal representation is a bit of a task but I think I got it figured out. Go wanna be at the least friends with someone. Once there you wanna get them into a deep conversation. Then cast out your offer to be their legal counsel and reel them in. But their is one thing else you need to remember wear some lawyer attire. If your chilling in some jeans or a sun dress it dont matter how successful a lawyer you are they ain't gonna take the bait if you aren't looking the part.
  • carolinabozoviccarolinabozovic Posts: 2 New Member
    My trick is to become friends, ask about career, meet potential client and then offer legal representation. Worked every time.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top