Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a (optional) dirty style for every home worlds ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

Would you like a (optional) dirty style for every home worlds ?

Be able to assign the dirty style to a neighborhood in order to make it like Evergreen Harbor.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Would you like a (optional) dirty style for every home worlds ? 47 votes

Yes
76%
LeGardePourpreCamkatIsb917irishdragon7AnmirlaMariefoxprice83mercuryfoammystang1972luthienrisingKhrisstyneKate2450drakharisCAPTAIN_NXR73KNPentexxx78MovottiSimsLovinLycanNationalPokedexEnkiSchmidtSimmer_chiyen 36 votes
No
12%
friendlysimmersSimzilla_7Marduc_PlaysSERVERFRAKimmerGinkoRouge 6 votes
It doesn't matter
8%
Lady_BalloraDreamCytcherZazzyKittynSyth_Treadwater 4 votes
Other choice
2%
crocobaura 1 vote

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Yes! That's something i'ld die for ๐Ÿ˜…
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I was a bit disappointed that the neighborhood plans that actually change the environment are only within the Evergreen Harbor neighborhood.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes
    It would certainly make San Myshuno look more like a real city, that's for sure. It's just too...clean...*shudder*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    100% agree that the "dirty" style would look cool in San Myshuno! Especially in those alleys that sims can't access anyhow.
    gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes
    Variety is the spice of life. We need more toggleable options in the game.
    Grime adds a certain sort of character, it's good for story telling.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I do wish the piles of garbage were part of the environmental effects, not just the air quality. I doubt they'll ever do it, but I'd like it.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes
    Yes please, trashbags in the wind potato chip bags on the table. junk everywhere . Sims freaking out. Sign me up!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Yes
    would love this
    even though i dont have EL yet im already sad there isnt as much trash elsewhere
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited June 2020
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yes
    Doubt it would be feasible with no visual upgrade NAP to clean it, but I absoutely want Del Sol Valley and San Myshuno covered in trash.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    NO THANKS!!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Other choice
    I think a bit of mess might be nice, but it should not be enforced through a NAP. The mess could be created by the sims themselves, depending on their traits, or we could have neighbourhood traits, maybe with adjustable limits to choose how intense they will manifest. And maybe we could change them through some neighbourhood ordinances or something. Also, it would be nice if the mess is specific to the region so it doesn't look out of place.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes
    An option would be good. Even if there was no other litter, those bags and sheets of paper dancing on the wind really brings the environment alive. More of that please. I feel the same about the tumbleweeds hopping around in the dusty remote areas of Oasis Springs and StrangerVille.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    No
    After Eco Lifestyle I don't trust the optional choice anymore.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Yes
    Kimmer wrote: ยป

I second that, but would still like the dirty style for other areas. It would also help Eco Lifestyle to seem a lot less like Island Living in terms of basic idea and story.
    banner.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    Yes please! I need this for San Myshuno and there's a few other neighbourhoods in other worlds where I would like to make use of this.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes
    Kimmer wrote: ยป

I second that, but would still like the dirty style for other areas. It would also help Eco Lifestyle to seem a lot less like Island Living in terms of basic idea and story.

I agree but it looks like if we want all the worlds to get dirty none of us can be opposed to mods. I'm sure one if not a group of the modders will come up with a "make all worlds dirty mod". I don't know which one it'll be maybe we should all take a guess at who it'll be. I feel for console players who can only use cheats and can't use any mods at all. This shouldn't be the job of modders. It should be the job of the devs. I've said this before and I'll say it again I would rather have a release date pushed back and have minimal issues and minimal bugs then have a half-hearted attempt on the release date. I love Eco Living but I would have loved for N.A.P. to only affect the neighbourhood it's in and the option to have all worlds dirty without a future mod to do that.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Syth_TreadwaterSyth_Treadwater Posts: 5 New Member
    It doesn't matter
    If it was optional, sure. But not mandatory. I don't think I would use it, as I play the sims to not be realistic. I live in a world of realism, I don't need a lot of it in games too. But I'm sure others would love it.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only if it's optional so it's not forcing everyone to play with that theme in mind. I could do some serious storytelling with the gritty city of San Myshuno, or the nasty and dangerous wharf area of Windenburg, where Jacques Villareal's organization keeps one step ahead of the feds and the coast guard...!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only if it's optional so it's not forcing everyone to play with that theme in mind. I could do some serious storytelling with the gritty city of San Myshuno, or the nasty and dangerous wharf area of Windenburg, where Jacques Villareal's organization keeps one step ahead of the feds and the coast guard...!

Sounds likes Jacques' up to no good again. Typical.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Yes

Sounds likes Jacques' up to no good again. Typical.

I have fun with Jacques. He's one of my favorite townies, along with Wolfgang. In one story/save, Wolf and Luna got in trouble and Jacques lost it when he found out, but then decided he'd welcome Wolf to "the family" instead. An offer Wolf couldn't refuse. >:)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg