Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Sims 5 is truly coming out, what is your top 4 requests?

Comments

• AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    1. Open World
    2. Fun & Challenging Careers/Aspirations
    3. Story Progression
    4. More traits (and more animations for them! Please please bring back coward sims that quiver in fear @ the grim reaper..)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Open World
    CAW Tool
    TS3 Traits but expanded
    Sims who look real but still look like Sims at the same time :smile:

In other words a mix of this: :smile:

bqzxwVG.jpg

69361300_1239063706273860_1625200626780602368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_eui2=AeEWjaH8d311zX8SvS3g6xDvDUKXhcxzf-MNQpeFzHN_46mgsoXWvfx2PsoeyWWINYE&_nc_ohc=PSLqthDlhisAX9n6HpM&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=d7ddc53c5462b4691f6178dd7fb392ff&oe=5F199D02

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    My top four would be the following:

1) Create-a-Style and the colour wheel.
    2) Create-a-Neighbourhood which includes more choice of where to put the lots (similar to what we had in TS2)... I find the neighbourhoods really restrictive in TS4.
    3) Option to turn off occult sims. I know some people might say that if you don't want vampires for example in my game then why buy the Vampires pack but often there are clothing, objects and decor that people might want from the pack without having the occult sims.
    4) No Multiplayer or at least have it as an opt-out.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Open worlds
    No rabbit-holes
    Active jobs
    rich content in EPs
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2020
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    Buying clothing and jewelry etc. again at in game retail stores, better graphics, smoother flowing animations, ai pathing, open world, no loading when placing homes on lots, no emotion system, legacy gameplay and a evolving world including sims marrying.

I really miss going into grocery stores or clothing stores. I want functions like movie theaters too! 😭 but no rabbit holes for community lots!! If i have to take loading screens for no rabbit holes I would!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • RamiiTheNightProwlaRamiiTheNightProwla Posts: 4 New Member
    1. Story progression for npc sims
    2. My interactions with newborns and a wider variety of hangout spots
    3. Being able to sell in the vendor stalls
    4. Connect and meet other players with wifi
  • RamiiTheNightProwlaRamiiTheNightProwla Posts: 4 New Member
    We want movie theatres, hotels, more vacation spots
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    I will toss this out there, ahem....PUT. SOME. EXPANSION. CONTENT. IN. THE. BASE. GAME.

We are currently getting ready for the 5th main Sims game and they're STILL going to find a way to make us pay for the same 4 Expansions we have to buy every generation, those being: Pets, Seasons, Night Life and College. EA has the resources to actually put these aspects into the base game so don't give me the "b-b-b-but EA, that's too expensive, they don't have the budget for that." THIS IS EA, THEY DIDN'T EVEN PAY ANY TAXES LAST YEAR THANKS TO A LOOPHOLE THEY EXPLOITED, INSTEAD THEY WERE GIVEN OVER A BILLION DOLLARS BECAUSE OF SAID LOOPHOLE! THEY CAN AFFORD TO PUT A LITTLE EXTRA CONTENT IN THIS BASE GAME. Seriously EA, we don't want to buy Seasons, Pets, Night Life and College again, we want to buy something new, we can't get anything new when your big expansion of the year is basically you sliding in and going "Did somebody say.....Seasons?"

That's really my only real request.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yep. Base game content should have some basic functions. Like a season system. A seasons expansion should take a step further have like natural disasters. Base game should have cats and dogs. A animal expansion should have wild, exotic animals and mythical animals.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    1. Personally, I'd want a color wheel that worked on everything - clothes, buy, and build mode items.
    2. I'd want to be able to place anything anywhere - slide up and down and right and left. (Windows and curtains that won't do this are an irritant.)
    3. I'd also like to be able to adjust size on more things to get a better scale. (This works well on all deco items.)
    4. I'd LOVE to see the CAS 3D feature that lets you grab and pull applied to hair as well, or at least the ability to make longer or shorter and add side bangs or long, straight fringe.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    1. More challenging ie: Having to actually shop for clothes, food etc either online or an actual commercial venue.
    2. Bring back the "real" babies like Sims 2 that have legs again. And Like 3 that can be taken out in a buggy/stroller.
    3. Weather in base game
    4. Less ancient acting Elders or at least let them appear less if they lead a healthy active Sim life...
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    1) Gameplay and locations very similar to Sims 2 and 3 (include better community lots and Memories).
    2) Sim ages from Sims 2 and FreePlay (update ages so they don't all look alike; babies need to be able to live outside the crib and crawl).
    3) Better personalities (include Aspirations, Wants and Fears from Sims 2).
    4) Better relationships (include jealousy, attraction, chemistry from Sims 2).
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    1. Sims 2 personality or better (sims 5 after all)
    2. Open world
    3. Economy system (Retail shops that need groceries or supermarkets, and supermarkets that need farms and so on) , banks, inheritance system, etc;
    4. Buildable apartments
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    1, Mod friendly - I probably wouldn't be playing Sims 4 if it wasn't for all the great content created by modders that enhance the game and its expansions. This also means Sims 5 would have to be single player because I highly doubt it would be mod friendly otherwise.

2, In depth personality and traits as well as a attraction system, likes/dislikes that I can choose in CAS. Favorite drinks, music and flower. Do they like/dislike pets or feels different with regards to cats/dogs? Do they like occults or are they indifferent or afraid? Or are they afraid of vampires but curious about aliens?

3, Toggles, and lots of them - I want toggles for Realism/specific occults so I can have my occults creating personality/trait based havoc in my games (vampire autonomous feeding, spellcasters throwing curses/blessings, evil mermaids drowning sims or creating storms, aliens abducting sims etc) while those that don't want occults/specific occult can skip them so we will both be happy. I also want toggles for difficulty: easy/normal/hard/nightmare, which would affect things like robberies and how often they occur (I miss robberies...), how often bad things like fires happen, if there is chance cards with the risk of my sim losing their job and the difficulty toggle would also affect the rent for my sim's house and how fast/slow their skills increase. And of course separate toggles for weather - storm, rain, snow, etc.

4, I want more content in the base game. Like weather and parenthood... I feel like at least weather should be in the base game.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    1 Request only. Well developed Sims that aren't lifeless and have personalities, more complex relationships, memories, fears and wants, attraction systems, decisions that change their lives. In short just more interesting sims is all I want. The game is supposed to be a life-simulator afterall.

EA needs to open a psychology book like Will Wright always did.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    For console I'd like:

1) OPEN WORLD!!!

2) World editor

3) Colour wheel

4) Better looking sims
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    1) Open world and the ability to put any lot size we want down anywhere
    2) Colour wheel back for CAS
    3) To be able to swim in all oceans from day 1
    4) To have all age groups represented from day 1 - not the toddler debacle we had with Sims 4

Basically a modern Sims 3 really!!
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    1. Strong personality— a combination of Sims 3 style traits and aspirations (maybe tiered like Sims 4, but with the variety and difficulty of 3), Sims 2 wants & fears, and (expanded on) character values from Parenthood— which play a big role in gameplay (attraction, relationships, satisfaction earned). It would also be nice for a more in-depth way of redeeming satisfaction/lifetime happiness points for rewards. It shouldn't be easy to make a sim with a 100% perfect personality, so maybe limiting positive traits and values like Sims 2 / fatal flaws from The Sims Medieval could make a return. Also, mental illness and disabilities but EA would never.
    2. Plenty of content for babies, toddlers, children, teens, and elders in the base game (actual daycare, retirement homes, different school options for children and teens depending on the world (maybe even boarding school?), hobbies, activities, school events (doesn't have to be playable), events that aren't rabbit holes, discipline system, stronger ties to aunts/uncles/cousins/grand and great grandparents). Basically, we shouldn't need a parenthood/generations pack.
    3. More "normal" careers, community lots, and a retail/restaurant system in the base game. Careers should have influence on your "world". Books you write should show up, politicians should be able to set laws, teachers should have some relationship with your students, Clothing/grocery stores, hospitals, movie theaters, schools, and workplaces should exist on the map, even if they aren't able to be entered. I also think apartments and roommates (not necessarily large cities and skyscrapers) should be in the base game. It should feel like the sims are living in an already established world (I miss 2&3's flavor text so much)
    4. Make customization easier for the player! A color wheel/create a style would be fun, but not necessary especially if it trades off with major lag. I would like something like the Body Shop built in to make CC easily, and possibly even use an EA sponsored gallery-like system to share it? In-game, I think they should expand on 4's build mode and aesthetic, . I also think the ability to create and share neighborhoods/worlds is very important (like Sims 3 CAW but accessible to new players)

Other things that I think should be in the base game but aren't my 100% 1st priority
    1. Seasons (or at least weather) and a calendar system like the one patched into S4
    2. Pets (or at least fish/hamsters) and other animals even if they aren't playable.
    3. A simple university/higher education system that either works like a slightly more in-depth S3 boarding school (with occasional pop-ups and options similar to controlling off-lot sims in S4), and/or a local community college that plays pretty much the same as high school.
    4. Gradual height/aging
    6. (Assuming everything from S4 carries over) In CAS: the ability to set pronouns-in addition to everything from the gender update in S4- representation for more cultures (hijabs! afro-textured hairs!), braces/acne, piercings, tattoos, body hair, scars
    7. (Assuming everything from S4 carries over) In Build Mode: less technology-dependent objects (newspapers!), bunk beds, ladders, spiral stairs, the bed scoot thing, more craftable objects, terrain tools

Misc
    1. any pack w a destination world should let you run hotels as a business.
    2. all occults should be toggleable
    3. a fame pack should have acting & singing together
    4. i would love an entire EP dedicated to playable school where you can make a lot of meaningful decisions

also, please make it mac friendly

Yes! All of the above. Give the game a good, solid, full-bodied base to build from.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    • Available in disk format
    • A more photographic aesthetic for both sims and worlds
    • Open world
    • An in-game customisation tool for both colour and texture
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    1. Open World.
    2. Cars!
    3. Full map customization.
    4. Apartment lot trait. More lot traits.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2020
    1) I want it to be like the Sims 3, but, with Sims 4 graphics
    2) Indepth NPC's with backstories, goals, likes and dislikes, etc.
    3) Game Options that let us limit ourselves in game, that coincide with things like Rags to Riches, Apocalypse, and other Challenges.
    4) Indepth quests/tasks.
    Post edited by amchristian on
  • ShaytanShaytan Posts: 11 New Member
    1. Open world (has to be);
    2. More base content - it's understandable that in the end of the day, expansions are what keep the game evolving and the devs' salaries paid, but it would suck to once again be greeted by a washed up, limited game in its features in comparison to its predecessor after all the updates and expansions. Perhaps a more completed world and mechanics up front, followed by a reduced number of full content DLCs featuring new themes would be a much more refreshing approach, though this is much easier said than done;
    3. More realistic graphics - I get the concept to make TS4 to work with a larger plethora of devices (or because it was built over a game meant to be played through online multiplayer years prior to its release *cough cough*), but given all the previous main titles aimed for the best graphics possible at their time, it feels unnecessary to stick with the more cartoonish-like aesthetics;
    4. Deep learning of the surrounding world from online players' input - this would certainly be possible, as well as being an on/off feature, to indirectly have the community as a whole to influence the way the world and randomly generated Sims are created and evolve. Imagine the game being backed up by fashion trends among players, popular items/recurring building themes and these influencing new environment buildings, the way randomly generated Sims dress up, etc.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    1) Bring back the open world

2) More advanced building options such as curved walls, attics, and more split-level options, etc and so on.

3) More customisation options than Sims 3

4) More world-building options for create-a-neighborhood
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2020
    Do you guys think Sims 5 will happen? If so will it be on pc and what console ? :)
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • ArtsyDuuArtsyDuu Posts: 16 Member
    I've played every Sims game from 2 - 4, so I've never played the very first. However, I play The Sims 4 more than any other at this moment in time and this is just what I think could be improved from there.

1) More personality options and slots, like how you could have up to five in The Sims 3.

2) I kinda miss the cut scenes from The Sims 2 when you would be left at the altar, or be proposed to, or have your first kiss; I wouldn't mind having that feature back in The Sims 5.

3) In The Sims 2, you also had the option to create your own world or play in a generated one; I'd love to have that back again (and not just something like Newcrest, I mean like ACTUALLY naming and building your own world from practically scratch).

4) Having the memories system come back would also be pretty cool, but I didn't really like the whole "Mystery Sim" thing. So, maybe that only more improved.

Those are just my thoughts. I don't know if anybody would agree with me or not, but y'know. That's why they're called opinions.