Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ts4 destroyed my ability to enjoy ts2

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I haven't played TS2 in ages and there are some things I miss, I should probably try play it again some day. I would certainly miss the the beautiful worlds of TS4.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @SimAlexandria of course there are exceptions but that is really not my point. Most people on the Sims 4 forums like the game that's how it goes. Look further than that and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you are a veteran player that likes the Sims 4 the most you are the exception that proves the rule.

The thing is, it's not a "rule", it's simply a matter of opinion. I may be in the minority but I've seen plenty of others say the same. There's no rules or facts that say veteran players prefer Sims 2 over Sims 4. Some do, some don't.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    @Sharonia why do you think the graphics are terrible? I'm curious cause I think they are pretty okay, not great but fine.
    Are you playing the game in HD resolution with maxed out smooth edges?

Also you may not like the game but I think we should appreciate it 'cause pretty much all the ideas for the newer Sims games came from that.

I agree the graphic may have aged but not to the extent they are not tasteful. I loved Sims 2 for the quirks that the sims tend to display, also there were some beautiful in Sims 2 and for me Sims 2 Sims had soul but not so much in Sims 3 and definitely not in Sims 4. However SIms 3 made up up for it in other ways.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2020
    i liked them all when they were current i miss open worlds from sims 3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    @Sharonia why do you think the graphics are terrible? I'm curious cause I think they are pretty okay, not great but fine.
    Are you playing the game in HD resolution with maxed out smooth edges?

Also you may not like the game but I think we should appreciate it 'cause pretty much all the ideas for the newer Sims games came from that.

I agree the graphic may have aged but not to the extent they are not tasteful. I loved Sims 2 for the quirks that the sims tend to display, also there were some beautiful in Sims 2 and for me Sims 2 Sims had soul but not so much in Sims 3 and definitely not in Sims 4. However SIms 3 made up up for it in other ways.

I can't really remember much game play from TS2 now. I do remember avoiding certain personalities though because they were to over powering and annoying to me. I guess people liked that though. The romance personality comes to my mind for some reason as one I would actively avoid.

TS4 personalities are far from perfect and they could definitely do with some improvements but I still think I prefer them to what I remember of TS2 personalities. My memory might just be failing me here though. :D
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    In the Sims 2 there was nothing the sims didn't do. They didn't pop into and out of cars. They walked to the car, opened the door and got in. If you wanted to turn the radio or tv on or off, they went to it and did it. There were way more animations in TS2 than any of the games that came afterward. Will Wright put his heart into that game.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In the Sims 2 there was nothing the sims didn't do. They didn't pop into and out of cars. They walked to the car, opened the door and got in. If you wanted to turn the radio or tv on or off, they went to it and did it. There were way more animations in TS2 than any of the games that came afterward. Will Wright put his heart into that game.

I really do miss this level of detail when it comes to actions and their animations.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited June 2020

Lol. Will Wright didn’t even work on TS2. He worked on The Sims Online and then Spore after TS1.

If you read TS2’s credits, you would know Will Wright‘s role was merely “Very Special Thanks”
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited June 2020
    Delete
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I had a great time with TS2 back in the day, but I guess I'm a player who lives in the moment. I had good times but I don't dwell on going back.

I generally like TS4. Sure, there are little things I would change but I'm having a great time in this version.

I agree that I like having much faster loading screens and integrated worlds. I won't bash TS3 because I enjoyed it too but had technical problems.

I like the variety among the sims in the current version. Sure, there are probably things from the old game I would add but I'm pretty happy with it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Aww Sims 2! ❤️

I've been trying to get my Sims 2 game running properly on windows 10 but it's been a struggle.

I miss the gameplay, personalities, drama, chemistry, wild University, memories, behaviors and proper whims, fears and aspirations. I also miss the cinematics and breaking the fourth wall so my Sims would look up at me and complain, lol. And I miss the time stop of households so I could play rotationally with complete freedom. And I really miss having surprises and random challenges thrown at me. And a lot of the little things, like photo booths, a House station I could dump my own music into, the shopping area, pool tables, scary ghosts, and the matchmaker, who I used all the time. And good apartments. And being able to change the world environments and move lots. And all of the fine little details. I miss the passion between Sims and the romantic gestures and the things they would do when they got angry. I miss teens sneaking out and having crime and police.

The rest I give to Sims 4 for improvement. I think...
    #Team Occult
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I love all the iterations. I'm currently playing TS4 obsessively, but TS2 will always be my favourite. I think the graphics look pretty good, especially with CC. I think my sims look great even. I don't have a hard time going back and forth through the different versions because I genuinely enjoy playing all of them.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, I feel you OP, the community lots on TS2 were boring. XD But I could also compare TS2 with TS1 and say that TS1 was even worse and TS2 has ruined TS1 for me.

Game technology progresses.

But game wise, TS1 has a special place in my heart.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Sims 2 was always my favourite. I loved it and was able to play it a lot. I often miss things from sims 2 (memories, wants and fears, the cut scenes for events, children playing tag,...) but I have grown used to the features of sims 4 and I definitely miss some things from sims 4 when I open sims 2.
    @DeKay Why do you think the community lots in TS2 were boring? I found them one of the least boring, especially with mods like ACR where sims created their own romances, but even without mods they would create relationships and start fights etc.
    Duvelina wrote: »
    DeKay Why do you think the community lots in TS2 were boring? I found them one of the least boring, especially with mods like ACR where sims created their own romances, but even without mods they would create relationships and start fights etc.

They were usually kinda empty for me.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @DeKay Oh, I think the amount of sims coming onto a lot was based on your computer's specs. You could also use a cheat to override those settings.

DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel you OP, the community lots on TS2 were boring. XD But I could also compare TS2 with TS1 and say that TS1 was even worse and TS2 has ruined TS1 for me.

Which is funny, since TS1’s community lots were far better than TS2’s. The lots were a lot bigger, had way more Sims & way more things to do.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    @DeKay Why do you think the community lots in TS2 were boring? I found them one of the least boring, especially with mods like ACR where sims created their own romances, but even without mods they would create relationships and start fights etc.

Not Duvelina but I find that boring. I find it more like watching a movie than playing an interactive game when they create their own relationships etc and i prefer to create the stories than watch them
    edited June 2020
    @SimAlexandria That's cool, but a lot of people do like that. And I was talking about the townies showing up on lots, not the playable sims. Besides, autonomy can always be off for your playables. In TS3 and TS4 they also interact with each other. I don't see the difference, really. In TS4 their relationships just get culled.
    edited June 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

Which is funny, since TS1’s community lots were far better than TS2’s. The lots were a lot bigger, had way more Sims & way more things to do.

Oh yeah. For sure! I love the TS1 community lots!

But the needs going down really fast in TS1 and then going back to the original time when you come back home was annoying. And also not being able to rotate the camera freely in TS1. Haaha.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    then going back to the original time when you come back home was annoying.

That's how it worked in TS2 too, along with the inability to save your game while on a community lot.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    @SimAlexandria That's cool, but a lot of people do like that. And I was talking about the townies showing up on lots, not the playable sims. Besides, autonomy can always be off for your playables. In TS3 and TS4 they also interact with each other. I don't see the difference, really. In TS4 their relationships just get culled.

Oh I don't like autonomy off, I was thinking you meant playable sims. But yeah, the game play in Sims 2 is boring for me for other reasons too. I know a lot do like that, was just answering why some individuals (me personally but a few others I've seen say the same) find that boring.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I don't get how one can like Sims 4 personalities when the Sims in the Sims 4 don't have personalities. It's that fanbase thing I'm talking about, what you see as developed personality I see as soulless puppet
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited June 2020
    I don't get how one can like Sims 4 personalities when the Sims in the Sims 4 don't have personalities. It's that fanbase thing I'm talking about, what you see as developed personality I see as soulless puppet

No worries, that's totally okay, you don't have to understand it. People are different and like different things, and simple as that.

I like them better in 4 because I can be more creative with them. Sims 2 has stuff I preferred (the animations) but the personality style of Sims 4 Sims is more important to me than the animations of Sims 2 as I prefer to create more than watch my sims.

For other people the animations may be more important than personalities. Or maybe they disagree and prefer SIms 4 animations but that is or isn't important to them as art style, or having a gallery/color wheel/open or closed world etc.

We don't have to understand a person's preferences, we just need to accept that they may be different than our own and that that is totally okay too and neither way is the superior way of thinking because there isn't one. And then play the game that we like the best and have fun with it.