Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    From your keyboard to Maxis' eyes.

Though based on how long it took, we may not see it until 2022

Was hoping to see a Sims5 in 2022. A Happy Haunts could be interesting.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited June 2020
    I still want Happy Haunts with Ghostbusters, Mysic Fortuneteller & Werewolves.
    Post edited by SERVERFRA on
  • darlingdeviantdarlingdeviant Posts: 36 Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > Back in July 2018 I posted a suggestion in idea corner for a Grim Reaper pack which would include an active Grim reaper career. This was the post:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The thread is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943554/grim-reaper-expansion-pack-game-pack/p1

I LOVE THIS!
    The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take; so, neither shall I.
    Origin ID/Gallery ID: darlingdeviant
    My Simblr (CAS challenges/lookbooks): thedarlingdeviant.tumblr.com

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    If the RUNNER UP from LAUNDRY'S poll got a whole EXPANSION pack (and elements of it squeezed into IL), I should be able to expect Happy Haunts getting at least a game pack. Honestly I'll be really disappointed if we don't get something with at least one of those gameplay elements before Sims 4 is over. I'd love to do tarot, be a ghost buster, or work for the Grim Reaper.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    *YAWNS* Graveyard Lot type?
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I still want Happy Haunts with Ghostbusters, Gypsies & Werewolves.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975264/happy-haunts/p2#

Gypsies as in..the ethnicity?? What would be the point of that?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    idkidk wrote: »

I’m Pretty sure they mean something like a fortuneteller in a traditional ‘Romani Van’. In the Sims 3 there was a fortuneteller career in a rabbit hole ‘🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon’.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    NXOR007 wrote: »
    idkidk wrote: »

I’m Pretty sure they mean something like a fortuneteller in a traditional ‘Romani Van’. In the Sims 3 there was a fortuneteller career in a rabbit hole ‘🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon’.

Thanks,that didn't cross my mind at all.
  • gueinagueina Posts: 281 Member
    edited December 2023

Post edited by gueina on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hi,

From the 1st community vote (2017), Eco Living Stuff became EP09 Eco Lifestyle and Starter Home Stuff became SP16 Tiny Life Stuff.
    surv10.png

Theme ranking:
    1. Eco Living
    2. Starter Home
    3. Dangerous
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade

Dangerous Stuff became Happy Haunts in the 2nd community vote (2019)
    https://simsvip.com/2019/11/12/the-sims-4-maxis-to-launch-community-stuff-pack-vote-november-18th/

Theme ranking:
    1) Arts & Crafts (SP17 Nifty Knitting Stuff)
    2) Happy Haunts
    3) Self-Care
    4) Science & Technology
    5) Fun-Tech

Like SP16 Tiny Life Stuff in 2017, Happy Haunts was the 2nd choice so there should be a pack about this theme.

Hmm you might have something there.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm curious about how the Grim Reaper career could be.

Should the sims be able to resurrect ghosts ? But what else they could do ? Planned the death of a sim ?

Planning the death seems a fun feature...But I do wonder what will this pack looks like? More than anything, I wish that they'll give us cemetery or new event on this, perhaps in a patch.

OID:- x4m1r4
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Should the sims be able to resurrect ghosts ? But what else they could do ? Planned the death of a sim ?

Planning the death seems a fun feature...But I do wonder what will this pack looks like? More than anything, I wish that they'll give us cemetery or new event on this, perhaps in a patch.

Agreed on Cemetary. We have a Pet Cemetary in Brendleton Bay so there is no reason they couldn't add one for Sims.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Agreed on Cemetary. We have a Pet Cemetary in Brendleton Bay so there is no reason they couldn't add one for Sims.

The lot needs to be editable though. The Pet Cemetery in Brindleton Bay is part of a fixed environment. I may be wrong but I doubt you can place your dog's tombstone there...Same as the graveyard in Forgotten Hollow. It's background decor.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Would love the idea of ghost town. Add a memory system like in sims 2 as well.
    Reminds me of the movie Coco.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2020
    If they really added the Grim Reaper career, I want to create a household that based on Black and White Impermanence (the Grim Reapers in Chinese folklore)
    If have color wheels will definitely be more convenient
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'd only be really interested in a pack like this if we could actually follow our Grim Sims to the Netherworld. That would be really cool!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    A functioning graveyard where we could leave urns would be great. Go over and visit the older relatives and friends now and then. Or heckle your enemies.

Hmm...

I would actually want this area to be kind of neutral but editable.

Would prefer not to have a canon-Wild Wild West afterworld when I think that I could build something more occult and interesting myself.

Something like the spellcaster’s HQ so that I can edit and make it my own.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2020
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I'd only be really interested in a pack like this if we could actually follow our Grim Sims to the Netherworld. That would be really cool!

Oh my god. I never realized until now just how badly I wanted to literally send my sims to hell. If we ever got a Happy Haunts pack there better be some form of Underworld realm or Im losing whatever little faith I had left for the franchise.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

This is so good!
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2020
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    *YAWNS* Graveyard Lot type?

Right? Like a Sims Spark'd pack would be so much more appealing than a Graveyard EP with enhanced ghosts and expanded spooky features :*
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I actually miss the Ghosthunting career.
    I'd be happy with 'Happy Haunting theme' as a GP..!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    @telmarina and @InuMiroLover

Yeah I'm thinking something similar to the Underworld in Disney's Hercules - a giant cave with a River Styx type thing running through it where all the ghost Sims hang out for eternity and then you've got Grim's house on top of a giant mountain. I think it would be such a cool thing to have in game :) Where most of the floor is lava and the whole place is covered with that black mist that surrounds Grim's feet.

It would be cool if alive Sims could try and get there to get their loved ones back instead of the usual rock-paper-scissors they usually do with Grim...
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    I really hope happy haunts is the game pack for this year. I’d be really thrilled . There’s so much they can do with it. I’d prefer they don’t add werewolves so they can focus more on possibly adding a hell for us to go into & a overhaul on ghosts & adding a cemetery. I think werewolves can wait for a different pack . But who knows?