Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day Is Really Fun!

I have had the Spa Day pack for quite a while but hadn’t really made much use of it. Going to a spa just felt so entitled/bourgeois. Then I finally realized I could use the items at home, lol! I discovered that I really love the items from the pack! I’m having a lot of fun having my Bruce Lee Sim meditate and do yoga. :smiley:
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    That's great! I love the pack and I would say about 80% of my households have yoga mats, the long-term buffs from the yoga routines are so helpful and the Wellness skill is one of my favourite skills - the recipes that come with it, giving other Sims emotional buffs and of course teleporting once your Sim is advanced enough.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I agree. I always include Wellness/Yoga Centers into my town. It probably is my favorite pack, they really didn't mess up this one.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Glad you go the chance to play with it.

I honestly replaced most of the gyms with spas as they pretty much function just like one except for fancy pancy stuff in it. I saw sims using the treadmill and even the climbing wall on the spa lots as well. Watching the fizzy drink tray get filled and sims grabbing a drink now and again. I really do love the items in it and having my sims go out to just get a foot massage or just spend money on a yoga class.

Course I had sent my sim I been playing with in Ecoliving ot take a shower there because her way of living is rough. XD Couldn't afford massages though.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Spa Day was my first sim's 4 dlc. I love it! I love that it has so many activities, yoga, meditation, massages (give or receive). I haven't used it for a long time though. I need to get back with my healthy sims :)
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    The incense is really handy too for mood boosts. I haven’t but I think you can put the instructor mat in a park and classes will happen there too.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Yeah this pack is fun. Nothing relaxes me more than hosting a club gathering centered around spa activities, with new-age in the background.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I like Spa Day a lot too.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I love this pack, I think it’s one of the bests!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Yeah this pack is fun. Nothing relaxes me more than hosting a club gathering centered around spa activities, with new-age in the background.

That’s a great idea! I’ll have to try this!

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I too am happy I invested in this pack. I like the long-lasting moodlets sims can receive. Also the fizzy fruity drinks replenish a sim's fun need.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    one of my favorite plays is to have a neighborhood of friends who are all quite close and the ladies love going to the spa in the colder months for socialization and a bit of pampering....who doesn't want to stop by the health bar and spill the tea..esp about the yoga instructor..lol!
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    The incense is really handy too for mood boosts. I haven’t but I think you can put the instructor mat in a park and classes will happen there too.

I need to try this, place an instructor mat at my community garden 😁
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I haven't used the spa venue yet but I agree Spa Day is a fun pack, I love using the different bath soaks and yoga mat.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I agree. I only bought it last week thanks to the sale. I’m enjoying it. Some nice build items. It’s one of those packs that doesn’t have any huge gameplay mechanics but it has many little fun details and smaller features which are very helpful. Happy to have it in my game.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    I just bought the pack a few days ago and I've been enjoying it aswell! Only issue is that townies in my world don't seem to understand the difference between "spa" and "club" and they keep coming in and doing nothing but dancing to the relaxing spa music :s

I really like the vibe of the pack, we don't really have anything Asian inspired in this game yet and I love that kind of style so it's a refreshing change! I found a Japanese spa build on the gallery with a yoga garden and a massage hut which has been really nice to send my sims to. And I love how there's items that I can use in my home, the "locker" looks more like a wardrobe and it works perfectly as a wardrobe in my home and I like how it adds more options to the regular bathtubs, also my sims been doing yoga on the roof now which is fun!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have had the Spa Day pack for quite a while but hadn’t really made much use of it. Going to a spa just felt so entitled/bourgeois. Then I finally realized I could use the items at home, lol! I discovered that I really love the items from the pack! I’m having a lot of fun having my Bruce Lee Sim meditate and do yoga. :smiley:

I use at least 1 item in Spa Day for every Residential build I do and in many apartments I decorate. I love this pack too even if I don't build a spa in the game I play at the time.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I put the massage tables in Sulani for my holiday relaxation. :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The massage chairs work autonomously on shop venues, without the need to call an NPC. I used them to make a beauty parlour. One day I caught one of my employees getting a foot massage, guess she was tired from standing up all day. :joy:
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I love it too!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s a great gamepack I have a lot of spas in my game and mix it with get together for a spa club for my sims. I also have a retreat place in selvadorada for my sims to have a spa/yoga/wellness type holiday. This and dine out are more of background packs for me that I use a lot without realising how much I use them.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2020
    I personally think Spa Day is an underrated pack. Ive got some spa lots that Im quite proud of (one of them being just for celebrities), though I finding building them in general to be quite a challenge!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I only wish that it had come with martial arts game play!
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    An example of a well done pack. The build items were what sold me, but I use a lot of the CAS items. The wellness skill is fantastic for some of my Sims.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well I guess the pack is very chill which is great.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I always loved Spa Day for the sauna, massage, yoga & the teleport.