Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EL - Need help activating community space lot type in other neighborhoods

VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
I made a marketplace community lot for magnolia promenade. But since there are only community lots in that neighborhood and no sim can live and vote there, I am stuck at the point of actually making marketplace the active lot type.

Does anyone know how I would cheat around this?

Also I made a community space in Oasis Springs, and while I was working on that it actually accidentally activated one of the other three lot types. I have no idea how, I didn't even enter it in live mode. Does anyone know more about it, how it could have happened or if it is a bug?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    You need to have a household in that neighbourhood. Not sure if it will work if you have playable sim owned business. However, from what I've noticed, the different lots types work very well if you just place all required objects for all lot types. This way you can still use the lot in it's default state without needing to vote.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You need to have a household in that neighbourhood. Not sure if it will work if you have playable sim owned business. However, from what I've noticed, the different lots types work very well if you just place all required objects for all lot types. This way you can still use the lot in it's default state without needing to vote.
    Yeah, this is what I do for my community space in Willow Creek. It is in the community lot area with no residentials so I just put all the stuff on the community space so my sims could use anything.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    That's a good idea :) I'll try just setting up the default type as I want it to be.
    Thanks for your replies!

I was wondering if there are any buffs from the special lot types though. Probably not, but I hoped that having the marketplace lot type would make it so the vending table works a bit more naturally with a better flow of customers.

In the past I set myself the challenge of only making money by selling stuff with the vending tables (so not through the inventory). So I have been using those tables a lot and I always felt like there wasn't a good lot type to go and start a yard sale at, because all the customers I got wouldn't be sims that were already on the lot, but they would just spawn from thin air and disappear again as soon as they were done browsing. I hoped the marketplace lot type would all make that feel a bit more natural, and actually make it so that sims that are visiting the lot would also browse the vendor table.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    There is a way to cheat... in live mode and with testingcheats on... right click (or "shift click" on the laptop) on the community space board on the lot and you can instantly change the space.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    There is a way to cheat... in live mode and with testingcheats on... right click (or "shift click" on the laptop) on the community space board on the lot and you can instantly change the space.

That's great, thank you! Silly I did not think of that XD

I also figured out how I unintentionally changed mine in the past. When you place a community lot from the gallery, it will ask you if you want to keep the current lot type or change it to the one from the gallery is using or something like that, if you pick the last, it will use that lot type as active.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top