Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    I've read a lot of this thread, and the Bug Reports forum; the bug where objects across your game go missing--because the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. is active across all neighborhoods sounds really bad.

I heard that the issue is that ALL N.A.P. behaviors become universally active, for some reason. Which means that Eco Lifestyle actively degrades your game when played. If you've worked on an save file for a long time, the pack will remove objects in your lots, and you might never notice.

I hope this gets fixed. I can't buy a pack that degrades my builds that I've worked hard on.

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited June 2020
    The trash can is my biggest issue. It fills to overflowing & there's nothing you can do about it, except delete & buy a new one.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    The trash can is my biggest issue. It fills to overflowing & there's nothing you can do about it, except delete & buy a new one.

Mine does that, and I don't even own Eco Lifestyle :D
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »

Mine does that, and I don't even own Eco Lifestyle :D

I'm not sure it's supposed to do that either. There's a new lot trait with EL that specifically says "trash cans are not bottomless" which made me think that they aren't if the lot trait is applied, all other lots should be unaffected.

It happens to me too. The only way I did deal with it is to apply the lot trait and then the waste management team helps or I have an option to take it to a dump. This doesn't help people like yourself though without EL and I shouldn't have to have one of my 3 lot traits ALWAYS taking a space up for that recycle trait just so I can have a cleaner bin.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    some new things since installing eco life, another sim who owns a restaurant opened up and chaos ruled supreme. One of my waitresses started hanging out in the kitchen and became obsessed with rummaging through the garbage can. She started throwing piles of garbage all over the kitchen floor and then throughout the restaurant. I tried to get my owner to pick them up and throw them out but I kept getting the message that I needed a garbage can to do that which I already had. While this was going on, all of my customers were doing pushups all over the place. Nobody was sitting at their tables. Food was being served to empty tables and I kept losing money from nobody paying for the meals.
    Since there is no control over what anyone does except for my owner Sim, I was left with no other option but to close down.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I'm really annoyed at the glitches... the N.A.Ps that become active for my main sims make it almost impossible to play. I have to stop them from getting cake ingredients out every other second.

Oh, and do not even get me started on the June 10th update that deleted my and thousands of other people's Pre-Eco Living saves.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    When a NAP is active it's really active, you know what I mean?
    It's like EA programmed Sims to follow the NAP rules with no filter. Just do what it tells you again and again and again. I'm convinced Sims in the Sims 4 don't have brains.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a mod out yet to get sims to stop stealing everything? This is by far the worse feature in EL. Any community lot I have gets whipped out in minuets with this EP, sims are stealing sinks, rugs, couches, everything! I could maybe see sims stealing stuff they can put into the actual sim inventory, but not house hold inventory items. I also checked, and a sims who stole a painting didn't have it in any of their inventories.?? Where did it go?? So annoying to have to refurnish over and over again.

It is driving me crazy. One of my sims threw a New Year's Eve party and when I went to turn on the tv so she could do the count down with her husband, the tv was missing. I am finding stuff missing in all my worlds.

Another problem is the bags on the heads. Another sim of mine opened her restaurant and went there as usual to keep an eye on things and all of the customers had bags on their heads, even the waitresses, the host and chef were wearing bags. I never got to see who dined there that night, very frustrating.

There is no caring in sharing! It seems to be very oneway'ed. My sims just hosted a family gathering and the family ribbed the house from everything from kitchen, chairs, piano, to TV, couches and so much more! HEY it's your family! Not Okay guys!

I'm trying hard not to cheat money for them, but they are kind of broke now and need basic stuff to live! Im at a point where I considered visiting neighbours and try to "share" their stuff too! But since I made all the homes I don't really wanna ruin them (more than they already are being ruined).

Im trying to work out if the "sharing/caring" thing follows sims living in neighbourhoods where it's active...? Not sure yet, as there are to many to keep up with.

Do you also have destination lots where they now are flagged for not complying with the specific demands now, because klepto-sims snagged it?!?

My loading screen/saving/pause is all messed up as well. It can be fine, but Suddenly I can't really click on anything and the game kind of freeze, but not completely. The time is still passing, but my sims are stuck in the same chat and I can't change between the sims. If I try to pause it, it's not really pausing and some things, like the time and a few movement will keep on....
    It seems to be connected to using the computers.... When I wanna use them, It usually start.

I just spend about 15 minutes waiting for a save to complete, to make it stop. I have to switch household when it starts or It will just keep on happening if I stay.

Sims your really testing my patience!!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm really annoyed at the glitches... the N.A.Ps that become active for my main sims make it almost impossible to play. I have to stop them from getting cake ingredients out every other second.

Oh, and do not even get me started on the June 10th update that deleted my and thousands of other people's Pre-Eco Living saves.

When I started up the game they asked me to answer a survey and rate Eco Lifestyle, On all the answers I pointed out both the good and the bad parts with the pack but when it came to "Would you recommend this pack for a friend?" It got a 1, with the answer "NAPs ruined my game, I would not recommend this pack to anyone." and I explained how unbalanced and broken some NAPs are like the Sharing is Caring NAP.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    My played sims keep making cakes and playing a insterment they don't own i counted like 5 cakes all over the house. They are getting fat too from eating so much sweets.

so odd my sims keep making cakes to lol :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    My played sims keep making cakes and playing a insterment they don't own i counted like 5 cakes all over the house. They are getting fat too from eating so much sweets.

Everybody makes cake, we could start a bakery or a neighbourhood bake sale. :joy: I sold my room mate's cakes at a yard sale since the ingredients came out of my sims's fridge. If you put a grill in a junkyard you get a lot of distressing concoctions laying around. If you add a bubbles blower and some vertical planters the place looks like it needs to be raided by the police. :joy: Oooops, no police in the sims! :lol:
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hate this...
    XOR290f.png
    Is there no way at all to disable these stupid bags? I just wanted my sims to have a normal Spice festival event.

Oh jesus.. after seeing this I not going buy this like never... Even if they gave me I wouldn't wanted it! Bags on sims heads? why?

Coronavirus?
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hate this...
    XOR290f.png
    Is there no way at all to disable these stupid bags? I just wanted my sims to have a normal Spice festival event.

Oh jesus.. after seeing this I not going buy this like never... Even if they gave me I wouldn't wanted it! Bags on sims heads? why?

Coronavirus?

Listen I'm a fan of quirky and weird little stuff like this in the Sims series but they just happen too often for me with The Sims 4. It's like the game is 24/7 on a sugar high. Same with the murphy bed thing and the cooking animation and all the weird stuff that just happen way too much and ruin the fun.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    There is an updated version of the Civic Policy Tweaks mod that stopped my rampaging NAPs.
    https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • whitewave081175whitewave081175 Posts: 3 New Member
    So far I think I really dislike this expansion and wish I could uninstall it. I turned off the game options for NAP and it didn't make any difference. Now I'm Googling how to deactivate it and looking into mods to turn features off. No more sim social gatherings until I can be sure I won't lose a house full of furniture every time. If you're thinking of buying, I recommend you don't.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited July 2020
    I too regret getting this pack. Was just playing university and even though I turned off all the eco stuff and went into all the neighborhoods in the town that came with it to disable every NAP when I started this save - stuff is going missing from the dorm - grrr! Real problem because cannot go into buy in a dorm when sims are living there to replace stuff. Stereos, radios, chairs, deco items keep disappearing - had my sim buy a radio from the kiosk to replace the stereo and then that went missing. Do not know if it is a NAP causing it or a sim with that recycle trait but this is so annoying! Also still get the pop ups that the voting is open/closed even though all the eco stuff is supposed to be turned off.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Good idea Lol :)

going to have to. about 10 cakes in the fridge now. my sims must want freshly baked cakes :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• August_StrindbergAugust_Strindberg Posts: 3 New Member
    Really like this expansion pack! Though where are the huge smokestacks? I saw a build at some point that used those, but they may have come with a previous pack in the debug. Does anyone know where to find them?

Many thanks!
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm convinced Sims in the Sims 4 don't have brains.

True no matter what expansions you have/don't have. The Sims are real shallow and real dumb. It makes me :(
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My bar is constantly broken due to some sims stealing key items like stools and dinning tables. No mater how many times I have fixed it. My NAP is even turned off. Why !!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    My bar is constantly broken due to some sims stealing key items like stools and dinning tables. No mater how many times I have fixed it. My NAP is even turned off. Why !!

Either Sharing is Caring is active in your neighborhood or the sims that are visiting your bar are from a neighborhood that have Sharing is Caring active.
    Only way to get rid of it is to visit the neighborhoods with a playable sim who lives there and vote to repeal the NAP or enable cheats via the console and remove it by shift-clicking the mailbox and click on get rid of NAP immediately.

I recommend that you download some mods from Simvasion or Zero to get rid of this.
  • hilariteehilaritee Posts: 9 New Member
    I've never played with any mods or custom content but I'm really thinking about it now. Sharing is Caring is ruining my carefully planned out world. I have some families that I play without money cheats and all of their stuff ends up stolen. I could appreciate if it was one or 2 things, it might make sense. But, it was things like their stove and all of their countertops. Bars in community lots end up wiped out of all couches, TVs, dining, seating, music. It's too much. Just much too much. I'm all about their being consequences, but everyone didn't vote and I didn't know that someone from one of those neighborhoods would be at the bar I was having a party in. I'm still building in the Sims right now, but really hoping that something changes with this so that I can play again. For now, I'm just building only and hoping for a patch in the future. I really don't want to have to mod my game.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Anyone else want TS5 ? This...I am so tired ;-;...
    But yeah, is this gonna be tied to the new world ONLY?! And will it be like Strangerville and after the threat is gone, no replay or? Idk

I want but.... Ive trust issues with this sims team... I just hope they're not the same.. the ideas are terrible! Just imagine a real simulation game would have groceries and you need to go shopping insted of a fully stocking fridge.. a cellphone.. you need money to buy it. Clothes.. you need shops and money to buy them.. Little things I miss so much. Not to mention the sims personality.. the tastes.. the turn on and off's, teens beeing real teens. The game is empy.. lacks charm and dept. And returning to the thread point... this ep adds nothing to my ideal playstyle... its like a quest game.. where they tell us what to do... clean the world etc.

The Sims 2 remastered please!!
  • mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    Weird that we are having different problems in our games. Some with bags, some with cake, mine is kissing with strangers. Santa is not even safe. Good thing children\teens { but the teens you can't tell the difference from adults at a glance } don't have this problem. Then I would be calling EA DIRECTLY. WE should not have to use a cheat to get rid of it.