Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood Action Plan Mod Ideas

The Eco-Lifestyle pack introduced Neighborhood Action Plans (NAPs) to vote for to impact your neighborhood. It's a fun concept, but I feel like the game could have gone deeper with it...but maybe modders can do their thing and fill out the system more. I gave it some thought and came up with a couple of ideas I think would be fun to see added.

Here are just a few of my ideas, but I'd love to see what others come up with!
  • Good School District: Increases ease for Child/Teen Sims to get better grades in school, but at consequence of higher bills. (Sorta replaces the Good Schools Lot Trait, or in tandem with it, but it makes more sense as a neighborhood thing than a lot trait.)
  • No Occults: This community wants to keep its neighborhood to humans only! Occult households will face higher bills. Occults are less likely to visit, and neighbors may act hostile. Sims gain influence for being Mean or Mischief to Occults.
  • Occults Welcome: This community embraces occults! Occult households are incentivized to live here with a bill reduction. Occults are more likely to visit. Sims gain influence for being Friendly, Funny or Romantic with Occults, or using Occult powers.
  • No Kids!: This neighborhood wants to be quiet and peaceful, without all the ruckus of the young folk. Households with Babies, Toddlers, Children or Teens will face a bill penalty for each young member of the household. Adults and Elders are more likely to visit. (Spin on the "55 and Over" neighborhoods.)
  • No Pets!: This neighborhood doesn't want any furballs around. Households with pets will face a bill penalty for each pet in the household.
  • Pet-Friendly: Incentives for families with pets, as well as any Veterinarians, and the neighborhood is more likely to attract people with pets as well as strays. Influence can be gained for interacting with pets or working on Veterinary skill.
  • College Town: Sims receive a reduction in bills if they are currently enrolled in University, or work in the Education career. Other University students and staff more likely to visit. Sims can gain Influence by improving their grades or studying Research & Debate skill.
  • Only the Elite: Sims in this neighborhood want to keep the neighborhood for a certain class of people...the rich and the famous! Bills are HIGHLY increased as a way to discourage less-wealthy Sims from living in the neighborhood. However, celebrities will receive a discount based on fame level to incentivize their prestige. Celebrities and Sims with the Snob, Materialistic, or Self-Absorbed trait are more likely to visit. Sims with these traits can gain Influence for using related interactions. Sims can also gain influence by earning money.
  • Subsidized Housing: This neighborhood is perfect for those who are struggling to make ends meet. Bills are significantly reduced as long as your current finances are less than $5,000 per household member.
  • Live in Filth!: This NAP sets the neighborhood more towards Industrial footprint and Sims receive a discount for having a high Industrial eco-footprint, with a bill increase for a Green eco-footprint. Sims can gain influence by creating messes, rummaging through trash cans, caring for Trash Plants, and "fertilizing" bushes.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    Some of these suggestions are just like lot traits we have now. I don’t think we would need both. The other unique ones seem cool.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I LOVE these ideas!! These are the kinda thing that the plans should have been! They are such a fun way to give a neighborhood personality and I love the idea of the bills being higher if you don't stick to whatever rules for each plan. It makes no sense that "Live in Filth" was not included as a possible NAP since there is a green one already.
  • OlgaKamOlgaKam Posts: 2 New Member
    I wish we could get to influence the other neighborhoods by the "convince to vote for NAP..." interaction. That would make the world less random and give some use to all those points you accumulate. Also since it has a chance of failure it would be more difficult to influence the other neighborhoods
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    I feel like I read somewhere that some modder said it would be very difficult to do NAP mods. I'm not sure why, or even if this is correct. I hope not, because I love these modded NAP ideas!

Edit: Zerbu commented that it could not be done. I can't find the link right now though.
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm assuming it's not impossible based on what other modders have done. At this point who knows.

For those who were hoping for modded NAPs, I have bad news: they're defined in a way that isn't modder friendly, and creating an injector isn't possible because they rely on SimData files. They would need to work like venues where you need a mod that lists every one you use.</p>— Zerbu🌴🦞🍌
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    For those who were hoping for modded NAPs, I have bad news: they're defined in a way that isn't modder friendly, and creating an injector isn't possible because they rely on SimData files. They would need to work like venues where you need a mod that lists every one you use.</p>— Zerbu🌴🦞🍌

Oh that's bad news... i think naps have so many potential. If they could be customized, like citizens trying to pass new laws that they come up with, this system would be amazing. I hope they add more naps with new packs...
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Oh that's bad news... i think naps have so many potential. If they could be customized, like citizens trying to pass new laws that they come up with, this system would be amazing. I hope they add more naps with new packs...

I doubt they'll add more NAPs as the system isn't base game. It's too bad too as it's one of the more interesting systems in the game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

I doubt they'll add more NAPs as the system isn't base game. It's too bad too as it's one of the more interesting systems in the game.

Clubs aren't base game and yet they get new stuff in every pack. But i also think we're not getting more. I wish we did...