Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toilets catching fire

To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
No seriously, this is becoming insane. WHY is every single toilet catching alight and setting the sim using it on fire? Every second or third try WITHOUT FAIL.... it’s on fire. Why is the cat freaking out? Toilet on fire. WHYYYY has everyone dashed outside? Toilet. Fire.

Yes once or twice is funny, but this is too much. The only plus side is now my sims are all great in a crisis. Especially fires.

Are the gurus aware and addressing this please because it’s pretty game breaking along with all the NAPs bugs too.

—T
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I just see a huge flame inside the toilet whenever a sims uses it but it's been completely harmless.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    There’s an upgrade on toilets now where they burn the compost. But, I think it’s glitched out a bit and sometimes toilets just randomly set fire. I haven’t seen it happen in my game yet, even though in one house I did the upgrade. But I did see on Twitter that SimGuruNick is aware of it and it looking into it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have heard about this happening to people but I’ve never had it happen in my game.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Wow when I didnt think bugs could get any more crazy... toilet fires.... yikes
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    I do not have the Eco pack, have no desire to purchase it, so why do I have to put up with fire toilets, disappearing pets, and garden plants that are fully grown one minute, then go back to newly planted stage, basil and sage after harvesting go back to leafs like they need planting. Tried to plant a lemon, the dirt mound appeared then quickly disappeared and I tried several times, could not plant it until I went out of the game and came back. Not to mention not being able to click on load game at the start up unless I keep changing the screen resolution. Sometimes when I click on an object the menu jumps to the side. Or when I click on more options, the menu disappears. I think I will go back to bigfishgames and watching youtube videos until this is fixed.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I read somewhere that this was supposed to happen as a side effect of upgrading a toilet to a certain option, I haven't had it in my game yet though. Let me go play around and see if I can figure it out.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Yes! Both me and my friend both have had this bug, though for me the fire died before my sims noticed it. Neither of us had upgraded toilets in our games at the time, or the new pack.
    banner.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    They must have messed up when they made the coding for the compost upgrade. According to the description for the upgrade the toilet will catch on fire if you don't have any insects. I have not encountered this bug myself.
    I wish people could stop making jokes about it, sure it's probably funny to happen once, but I can't imagine it is funny for people if it happens every single time.
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Happens even without a toilet upgrade ? Please fix soon.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Perfect representation of what's going wrong in the game since the pre EL patch.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im still waiting for my toilets to catch on fire. I feel left out.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They must have messed up when they made the coding for the compost upgrade. According to the description for the upgrade the toilet will catch on fire if you don't have any insects. I have not encountered this bug myself.
    I wish people could stop making jokes about it, sure it's probably funny to happen once, but I can't imagine it is funny for people if it happens every single time.

Yeah, it’s crazy. The NAPs have also messed up and every sim has 1000 books in their inventories, where they keep just trying to read. Plus side is you can sell them haha. They also want to constantly stretch and bake cakes. I had to disable NPC voting in a new game and that seems to have fixed those issues for now.

—T
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I just see a huge flame inside the toilet whenever a sims uses it but it's been completely harmless.

I've had a Sim die because her toilet caught fire. I hadn't saved my game in a while either so I lost a whole lot of gameplay when I exited too. :(
  • EirakxEirakx Posts: 1 New Member
    My toilets are STILL catching fire and killing my sims. This new batch of bugs is really out of hand, makes me more and more sure I won't be buying the next games....
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I purposely upgrade them to catch fire. I didn't realize they were still doing it without the upgrade? I haven't had it happen to a toilet I haven't given the compost upgrade to.
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    I haven't had this issue in ages, but then a couple of days ago the upgraded toilet caught fire three times in a row! I opted to replace it and not upgrade it to compost. I haven't had any issues with it since replacing it.

Around the same time, the NPCs in my world all started playing with clay again. It's like some of the EL bugs were sorted and then decided to start happening again!
  • Sally79111Sally79111 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have multiple toilets upgraded to the max, have had this happen to me twice so. Thankfully not every time my sim uses the toilet and its only one of my toilets as I have different toilets in each of my bathrooms. I've only had this happen on my Old Time Antique Toilet.
  • SuzyQ1968SuzyQ1968 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had this happen 3 times but only when my male sim uses the toilet even deleted my old time antique toilet and bought a completely different one and it still catches fire
  • SuzyQ1968SuzyQ1968 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sally79111 said:
    > I have multiple toilets upgraded to the max, have had this happen to me twice so. Thankfully not every time my sim uses the toilet and it's only one of my toilets as I have different toilets in each of my bathrooms. I've only had this happen on my Old Time Antique Toilet.

I had that toilet got rid of it and got a completely different one and it still catches fire luckily I can jump right into the shower and extinguish myself (so far it's only happening to my male sim)
  • TyuleninTyulenin Posts: 1 New Member
    well, my toilet caught fire twice in a row while a sim was using it. Bruh, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 this 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It would be funny if they ate spicy food beforehand, but they didn't.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Toilets catching fire?

I didn't think the chili recipe that I gave the Sim Gurus was THAT hot. I mean I only gave the one with the ghost peppers, scorpion peppers, and mango habanera hot sauce. And the toilets are catching fire from that? Good thing I didn't tell them to add the Carolina Reaper peppers.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top