Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COLOR WHEEL!!!

2...Next

Comments

• AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    If not a color wheel then at least colors that match. I don't get why 5 different clothing items have 5 different shades of grays.
    AngiesSmith.png
  • simscoven88simscoven88 Posts: 58 Member
    I just can't take the color options we currently have , they are HORRIBLE ( ugly patterns and crazy colors ) .
    I love to decorate but right now I get so frustrated and never finish any interior .

If I want a red sofa , since they all come with brown wood I have to make everything else brown wood .
    I can't have a red sofa with black , grey or white wood .
    There are only two red swatches , a bright red and a darker red ... What happened to all of the other reds ?
    Cherry red , merlot , garnet , crimson , ruby , scarlet , brick , mahogany , blood , burgundy , maroon ...
    No , I'm stuck with a basic red that has a pattern on it and I hate patterns .

So forget the red , I'm going to make everything white .

Why can't they give us PLAIN colors and just give us more of them .
    Why can't I chose the wood color and the fabric color for one piece of furniture ?

The Sims is all about being able to customize your world . They need to do something fast : (

• SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    Let me point out that Sims 4 has been out for a LONG time now, and people are still begging for the color wheel.
    They obviously hate their fans, they have to know by now what we want and they have 100% refused to even release a response on the issue.
    I want my money back at this point, buying and downloading all of these packs that I didn't see too many bad reviews on to see if ANY of them had what I needed, but no.
    I've been a Sims player my whole life, and this is the lowest blow. I think I'm done paying for these games.

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    They should at least put hundreds of color swatches for clothing, objects & builds.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    they need colour wheel for hair!!!! i think its too late to include more swatches. I mean the pets have colour wheel :neutral:
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    I never played The Sims 3 but i'm on board with the Color Wheel coming back, Did it let you use HTML or CSS Color Codes too? but it would really compliment the improved Build Tools currently i'll have to download Packs of Simple Wallpapers the last two 50 in them in order to get a good spectrum of colors i mean... that's a lot LOL in all i'm probs gonna have a few hundred colors but Are they always going to work in my game? Will they eventually break? Then what? we totally need this it gives us even more Creative Freedom with our Builds, you don't have to do it for hair and clothes but it would be great for flooring, walls and items.
  • RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    I dont know, I do miss being able to customize, but it also took me forever in Sims 3...also I download a bunch of CC.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so miss the Color Wheel & Texture in CAS that Sims 3 had.
  • Reecescups2Reecescups2 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd love a color wheel. Maybe not something so in depth as it was in the sims 3. I know that color/pattern wheel is one of the things that personally bogged the sims 3 into oblivion for me. But at least something to make sure all the wood tones will match and colors match.
  • NobodySimNobodySim Posts: 31 Member
    I just popped back into the Sims 4 after a long break due to binge-watching a TV show with a home decorator angle, and a homebuying one where decorating, layout and usage is discussed (Love It or List It). I like building in all the Sims (been here 1-4). I'd even done a turn trying (other fan generated) build challenges. I just really enjoy that gameplay.

Got back, looked at my current house and realized there were only 1-2 ways to decorate each room due to the lack of color choices, especially in furniture. Wall covering options are acceptable. And I'd already done the alternate good-looking furnishing combinations in previous saves/houses. Hard bounce.

So, stopped playing again after one night.

The packs add choices, but not interesting ones in terms of decorating. Or refreshing an existing house. And build challenges had already gone stale as everyone used the same objects (because the matched!) unless using CC.

I think a boat is being missed here in both gameplay and potential cross-marketing.

• GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    ⚠️ URGENT:

I just want to make everyone aware about this for those that play the Sims 4 game for a reason. So if you do want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever and you love the Sims 4 game, then you will need to keep sharing this long (Missing Items) post. The more the Sims 4 game has on it the better the Sims 4 game will be. The Sims 4 game needs to have all the (Missing Items) on it for the Sims 4 game to be 100% completed. By sharing this post to other people who love the Sims 4 game it will give other people ideas, and it will also be there for the Sims studio team to look at on the Sims Forums website. This means that the Sims studio team who make these games will be able to see the list and add it onto the game. But I do desperately need everyone’s help with this aswell as putting this post onto the Sims Forums website everyday myself. But if I can do this you can too. But if you don’t care about the Sims 4 game then don’t share this urgent post!

(MISSING ITEMS)

(1) Tree house!
    (2) Fairy/ pixie party house!
    (3) Extra animal toys!
    (4) Extra animal beds!
    (5) Factory departments!
    (6) Factory jobs!
    (7) Supermarket departments!
    (8) Supermarket jobs!
    (9) Retail departments!
    (10) Retail jobs!
    (11) Beauty salon departments!
    (12) Beauty salon jobs!
    (13) Art departments!
    (14) Art jobs!
    (15) Swimming life guard departments!
    (16) Swimming life guard jobs!
    (17) Big school departments!
    (18) Big school jobs!
    (19) Nursery departments!
    (20) Nursery jobs!
    (21) Primary school departments!
    (22) Primary school jobs!
    (23) College departments!
    (24) College jobs!
    (25) University jobs!
    (27) Administration office departments!
    (28) Administration jobs!
    (29) Cars for travelling!
    (30) Vans for travelling!
    (31) Buses for public transport travelling!
    (32) Company lorries for travelling!
    (33) Trains for public transport travelling!
    (34) Delivery driver jobs/ lorry drivers and van drivers!
    (35) More house roofs!
    (36) Extra flowers!
    (37) Squirls!
    (38) Bats!
    (39) Birds!
    (40) Ball room department!
    (41) Cows!
    (42) Sheep!
    (43) Insects!
    (44) Hedge hogs!
    (45) Parrots!
    (46) Pigs!
    (47) Seagulls!
    (48) Extra fish tanks!
    (49) Extra fish!
    (50) Road signs!
    (51) Extra cafe shop departments!
    (52) Extra restaurant departments!
    (53) Sports departments!
    (54) Sports jobs!
    (55) Hospital departments!
    (56) Hospital jobs!
    (57) Police departments!
    (58) Police jobs!
    (59) Helicopters!
    (60) Helicopter jobs!
    (61) Red telephone box!
    (62) Red letter mail box!
    (63) Street bins!
    (64) Street bin cleaner jobs!
    (65) Mobile phone shops!
    (66) Mobile phone shop jobs!
    (67) Motorways!
    (68) Motorway traffic officer cars!
    (69) Hotel departments!
    (70) Hotel receptionist jobs!
    (71) Police cars!
    (72) Police camera vans!
    (73) Farming jobs!
    (74) Horse riding jobs!
    (75) Farmer jobs!
    (76) Security jobs!
    (77) Shoe shop!
    (78) Shoe shop jobs!
    (79) Glasses opticians shop!
    (80) Glasses opticians shop jobs!
    (81) Belly piercing!
    (82) Tongue piercing!
    (83) Extra tattoos! (Dolphins) (Stars) (Dolphins) (Fairies) (Moon) (Hearts) (Butterflies) (Flowers) and more shapes!
    (84) Fish tank decorations!
    (85) Food supermarket isles!
    (86) Drink supermarket isles!
    (87) Nose hoop piercings!
    (88) Tongue piercings!
    (89) Belly piercings!
    (90) Upper ears piercing!
    (91) Tragus ears piercing!
    (92) Nipple piercing!
    (93) Car parks!
    (94) Bus stations!
    (95) Train stations!
    (96) Railway track!
    (97) Airplanes for travelling!
    (98) Airports!
    (99) Crains!
    (100) Space Rockets!

THESE MISSING ITEMS URGENTLY NEED TO BE ON THE SIMS 4 SO IF YOU DO CARE THEN PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!
  • WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    A color wheel would be rad, especially if it could be implemented in Build/Buy Mode. Tired of making my own rooms with items just to come to terms with NOTHING matching because the color swatches are *ever so slightly* off. Hell, even making outfits is a nightmare half the time.
    Just tired of having to repeatedly starting a game, find out I have to recolor so many different items because by the time I'm done I don't have the will or energy to play or I end up just sucking it up and hating the designs of my houses.
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 16 Member
    I wish colors would match better, or at the very least stay true to the thumbnail swatch!

In CAS when I am dressing a sim, I clicked on what was supposed to be lavender but ended up a different color. Same with flooring options. Particularly the stone. Even the terrain paint for stones shows it would be darker and more stone grey, but then I paint it on and it's tan!

It's so hard to make things match without just being monochrome :c

I don't believe there are enough hair color options and certainly not enough eye color options.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I can deal with B/B color choices and the clothing ones but the hair and skin colors are truly starting to make me crazy. I've been playing way over 1k hrs and because of the lack of options (especially with hair colors) my sims look way too heterogenous in all my worlds.
    I basically only use the natural colors: black, browns, the natural(ler? Haha 😅) red and the natural blonde. And for some reason it seems I unintentionally go for the red _a lot_.
    If not a color wheel, could we at least get some additions to the natural skin tones and hair? Pretty please?
    origin ID: adduapina