Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deeper Relationships

I'm not sure if it would be hard to implement but what about deeper relationships where Sims themselves decide who to pursue a more meaningful relationship with? For example, a Sim meets another at a bar and they become great friends and that's all. But there could be Sim who, when they meet and spend a lot of time with another Sim, starts to develop romantic feelings for them. All on their own.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I personally wouldn't like this. I only want them to have relationships I initiate.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yup, this would be very cool! Sims are so bland rn. I’d love for them to drum up some of their own side stories to make things more interesting.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    With different introductions and when Sims use it themselves, it would be nice to know why they use specific ones on certain people. One person said here that it's random and in all respect it shouldn't be. If a Sim uses a flirty or enchanted greeting on another, it should be because they fancy that person, the same way a real person would chat up someone they meet in a bar.

For example, a few weeks ago I was playing a household and when my teen Sim returned home from school, a message box popped up asking whether Samantha should invite over someone she met at school. Courtney showed up at the door, walked in and after talking to Samantha a little bit, she enchanted her. Clearly Courtney fancied Samantha, so that's why she used that particular introduction.
    2quwd7.gif

• Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    I suppose this could be achieved if they bring back "chemistry", a feature we had in The Sims 2.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    We first need an attraction system for this to happen.
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    This would be a cool feature to toggle on/off. I feel like most of the time I like to choose which sims to pair together, but for the sims that I don't really know what to do with, it could be fun to see how they feel towards other sims naturally. Or even if I already have a plan, out of curiosity I could see who my sim likes and maybe I'd change my mind out of interest or let them have another partner to spice up the story.

What I miss about playing TS3 is the ability to set their astrological sign, fave food...etc. Maybe adding that can play a role in the whole vibe/chemistry/attraction thing.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd only like this if it was optional. I don't want my sims hooking up with random townies, especially not the randomly generated ones.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What they could also do is affect marital affairs. For example, at the moment a married Sim doesn't at all react when she speaks to a friend, asks what they think of their spouse and they respond "I am SO in love with them."
    2quwd7.gif