Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims constantly ignore my actions

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
I tried to play the Sims 4 in months and i got fustrated again. As a disclaimer i dont use mod and dont plan to.

Im just annoyed bcoz when I sell my sim to do X then Y he walks to go do X then sits down then gets up then talks to someone then does Y and X has dissapeared off his queue. Especially if there are multiple sims in one room they get so disracted and it takes them so LONG to do anything because of the 'multitasking'. They have the attention span of a goldfish
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Do you have free will turned on? I have that turned off and they pretty much do whatever I want them to do. Sometimes they do go off on their own a little but it does bug me a little.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Startup a new game save and see if that new sim will do the same thing or not. The reason I suggested this is because in the past I've had a sim who refused to do what I wanted her to do. It was like she had a mind of her own. Normally I play with free will on, but with her, I had to turn it off. She was the only sim who I had this issue with.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Do you have free will turned on? I have that turned off and they pretty much do whatever I want them to do. Sometimes they do go off on their own a little but it does bug me a little.

I'll check and see next time i open it. Thanks!

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m having this issue with all my Sims.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Yeah, I have this problem too sometimes, especially when I'm trying to do stuff like use the 'teleport' cheat. My sims also tend to walk off when I'm not looking if I'm not careful.
    banner.png
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    Same here. I’ve had some sims who actually cancel out my actions in favor of doing nothing. I had one who kept canceling out my commands in favor of sitting on couch twiddling his fingers on his knees and looking around. We fought for quite a while until I just reset him and turned his autonomy off. For punishment, I made him practice the violin for hours non stop until he maxed out his skill. He started at no violin skill. 😁
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Same. It's been extra glitchy recently, I cancel an interaction and my sim goes and does it anyways and other times I tell my sim to do something and they cancel it for no reason. Other times I tell my sim to do something and she just stands there for ages doing nothing before doing it
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This is a pretty common problem, I wouldn't worry much. Shouldn't happen more than 50% of the time though
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Finding this to be getting worse - actions cancel a lot lately. And the sitting down before they do things - I have never understood that - it is so odd (and annoying). They sit down more when they are not supposed to then when they are supposed to - like to eat!
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2020
    Actually it shouldn't happen at all. It is the AI and in game autonomy. Tuned to play the game at a higher priority than we the owners of the computers are allowed by EA\Maxis.
    WE OWN these PC EA.
    This no longer a game, it is merely a semi interactive idiot box program. And can be utterly frustrating to plan any kind of our own gameplay as the code keeps brushing us, the PC\Console owners aside in our own homes.

If this keeps up EA\Maxis, tell me why we can't drag you into the international court systems?

PS Honestly EA? You edit the word I D I O T used in conjunction with the word box to describe a Television set?

You are so politically corrected as to be so wrong.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited June 2020
    @shorty943p How is the forum software supposed to know what you're referring to?
    How is the software supposed to know what you're referring to?

What do you mean?

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

What do you mean?

Not you, sorry. :) I meant the poster above whose phrase was censored.

What do you mean?

Not you, sorry. :) I meant the poster above whose phrase was censored.

Oh ok 😂

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Startup a new game save and see if that new sim will do the same thing or not. The reason I suggested this is because in the past I've had a sim who refused to do what I wanted her to do. It was like she had a mind of her own. Normally I play with free will on, but with her, I had to turn it off. She was the only sim who I had this issue with.

This makes me think of Dolores or Maeve from Westworld. Simulated humans with minds of their own.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I think that's when some autonomous actions clash with each other, like you tell a sim to go clean up a plate but also say hello to another sim and they need to go and greet them with a hug for example...or when two sims want to use the fridge at the same time and that also causes lag and actions getting canceled...

I would not be surprised if NAPs are the issue as well, sims are getting a lot of autonomous actions like using the clay or the future cubes...

I have not noticed it that much, but I use some mods to disable some things that interrupts my sims, like the greetings they do with their hugs for example.

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    It's happening lately in ways it never used to. For example, painting used to be a pretty reliable task. If I sent my sim to paint they would usually stay on task until they finished the painting they were working on or I interrupted them. This weekend my sim couldn't paint for five minutes without needing to stop and run out to the backyard to shoot hoops.
    I like to leave free will on so they'll do something when I leave them alone, but I do not like them cancelling actions for something completely unrelated because it popped into their head out of nowhere.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I have this problem when I try to play as well. Why can't they just do what I tell them to?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    That's one of the reasons why I simply gave up on Sims 4....the game is only getting slower and buggier,and Sims don't even stay home with I leave them for a minute. I'm looking at options to download Sims 2 and Sims 3 while I'm waiting for Sims 5 to come out.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m having this issue too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've been having this issue too!
    It seems like the Sims can't concentrate anymore. They're constantly cancelling out actions that I give them to do, especially social commands. I'll tell the Sim to "Get to Know" another sim, but the action will cancel and they'll go get a glass of water or start dancing instead. Or, I'll tell them to work on a school project, and they'll do it for 5 minutes then get distracted by the globe bar. So annoying.

The sims are obsessed with everything too. For one, the drinking water obsession is back. I have another sim who's obsessed with lighting the fireplace. Another sim is obsessed with dancing. Some of my sims are obsessed with getting drinks at the globe bar. Another sim is obsessed with looking at a celebrity portrait. My celebrity sim is obsessed with talking with the paparazzi who stand outside her house. There's an obsession with the clay balls too, and I don't even own Eco Lifestyle.

I think the last two patches made the sims distracted by EVERYTHING!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    Same! Or if I give my sims a command they just stand their bobbing their head for a whole sim hour. Then they 'forget' and go do something else. The AI is getting worse.
    giphy.gif
    @shorty943p How is the forum software supposed to know what you're referring to?

Two words of the Legitimate English Language, Oxford English. The users of this silly Urban Dictionary thing? bah humbug.

Now back to the overbearing Autonomy coded into this game?

ParmaViolet,,, you are correct, and this corporation is trying socially engineer us, just like Zuckerberg and Facebook.
    What is worse they are openly admitting they are aiming it at Pre-Teen girls? And you are not worried by this? I am.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This and the obsession with making white cake constantly... The games getting really glitchy now. You'd think my sims are bakers with the amount of white cakes constantly taking over their entire kitchen, but no.
    edited June 2020
    ROFL. I also do special Closed top level testing for some very high end simulators used for emergency training and other things.

Years ago we renamed AI, the Artificial 🐸🐸🐸🐸 S. Anybody know ETS or ATS? The truck driving sims. AI behaves very much like real drivers. VERY dangerously.

This code is written by the ones known previously as Geeks. Say no more.
    I just got edited again tooooo funny or is it SAD.