Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clay and future cubes anyone?

2...Next

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Anmirla wrote: »

Yeah, people have been saying that they have to clean up the mess left behind by Sims helping themselves to their kitchen facilities.

I had a Sim with the Foodie trait that would raid the fridge for leftovers even when the hunger bar was full - and that was pre-patch. I can only imagine the over-indulgence using this NAP where they constantly cook/bake. I...am...staying away...from...that one!

This sounds like a Foodie Apocalypse. Man I’m grateful they haven’t invaded my sim’s kitchen yet *knock on wood* but they certainly have been putting on those pounds somewhere, somehow...
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2020
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Reading all of these comments I'm soooooooo happy I haven't bought this expansion pack yet.

Same. Its gotten to a point where I literally have rules to go through before I even decided to buy a pack.
    1. Never preorder a pack.
    2. Never buy a pack on launch.
    3. Wait a few months to see what bugs the new pack causes.
    4. Wait another month before said bugs are fixed to see if they really have been fixed or if they caused other bugs.
    5. Then once it gets the all clear, and if I still want to get it after all that, wait for a sale.
    I usually never make it to rule five. After all that I just don't want it anymore.
    Post edited by fruitsbasket101 on
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    What I would really like to know though is who pays for the white cake? If it's my sims' fridge, their ingredients, do they pay for all the white cakes their guests make? Even Santa couldn't help himself and made a white cake for my sims when he came to visit.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2020
    What I would really like to know though is who pays for the white cake? If it's my sims' fridge, their ingredients, do they pay for all the white cakes their guests make? Even Santa couldn't help himself and made a white cake for my sims when he came to visit.

Well...are your sim’s household funds reduced whenever the invasion bakes a cake? If so, you know who’s paying...
    Not saying it’s fair.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Townies came over to my Sim's house and started a million cakes. They didn't bother to actually finish any of the cakes, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Cakes, clay, cubes and constant brewing of something on the grill should stop
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I think this pack is breaking my game majorly now. It’s practically unplayable.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Townies came over to my Sim's house and started a million cakes. They didn't bother to actually finish any of the cakes, lol.

When they don't finish the cakes is great because they won't start another one until you cook/dispose of the other one's ingredients. So at least you have a way to stop the million cakes. Just accept the ingredients tray laying around.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited June 2020
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Reading all of these comments I'm soooooooo happy I haven't bought this expansion pack yet.

Same here. I was dead set against it after the very first trailer, changed my mind to "probably when it's half price" after the livestream and have ultimately changed my view to "probably not" after reading all the comments on the forum.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    my sim had a roommate she eventually married and when he joined my household he had 17 balls of clay in his inventory... I hate it! another roommate wouldnt stop attempting them giving up on making a cake whenever my chef sim was about to try cooking a new meal. so frustrating. I dont understand why the sims team tuned all of these things up to 11 but please turn it down. The balls of clay especially. I had to reset one of the roommates while they were stuck playing with the clay by my front door and the sim teleported downstairs but the ball of clay stayed where it was, hovering in midair just out of reach for me to delete it in build mode.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    thanks so much to Logion and Rouenpacelle for answering my questions ....no one tells you any of this in any reviews or lets play on youtube and having items fill up townies inventories is nothing you ever want to have going on....so sadly since this is only fixable with mods I will pass on this expansion pack ....lol you guys literally saved my game, thanks so much
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    What does the future cube do?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @joRN1414 its like the sims version of a magic 8-ball.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Well, that's awesome! LOL. I love the magic 8 ball. And then, the clay is just the regular clay that gets molded?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    crocobaura wrote: »

When they don't finish the cakes is great because they won't start another one until you cook/dispose of the other one's ingredients. So at least you have a way to stop the million cakes. Just accept the ingredients tray laying around.

No, actually, there were a ton of trays lying around at the end of the night. My poor Sim had to stay up late finishing them all because he couldn’t stand to see them going to waste.
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Well, that's awesome! LOL. I love the magic 8 ball. And then, the clay is just the regular clay that gets molded?

Yes. And you can sell it like a normal object.

• S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    I haven't got the expansion pack of Eco Living but i have noticed that i find both these items more when fishing....

Lol
    Is this a sign? 😂
    :blush:
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting an abundance of future cubes and clay in every one of their sims’ inventory? My sims could make quite a substantial living with all the future cubes and clay they constantly receive.

It's a glitch of the NAPs that's fouriously reported on EA Answers bug page, people's sims are getting rich from the randomly appearing items. XD
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    After the Promote Creative Arts NAP went into play my kids automatically pull out sketch pads to use but they also grow long arms and legs. It triggers a fatal exception caught by MCCC. So I voted the NAP out but they are still doing it. I am going to use James Turner's The Sims 4 Disable Packs script thing so I can turn off Eco Lifestyle until they fix everything. I wonder if disabling it will fix gardening also. I am going to try it when I play later.

Anyway here's a link to tell you how to disable packs.
    https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    For anyone interested there are some mods that help with these problems, look in this thread where it lists “new and relevant” https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patch#latest
    Our modders are so awesome.
  • jessbates88jessbates88 Posts: 94 Member
    This happened to me- How I solved it.

I turned off the NAPs in the Game Play Options tab, and removed all Eco Lifestyle stuff from my lot.

I followed this tutorial on how to disable Eco Lifestyle Pack (really easy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3mMf-HtIs

I launched my game without Eco lifestyle, played my active house for a bit. Then enabled EL again, and when it relaunched NAPS where still disabled. Make sure NAPS are switched off. And remove the cubes and clay.

I've not had any problems since. But I'm not changing active household just in case.

I hope this helps someone :)
  • Fillups44Fillups44 Posts: 8 New Member
    For people who need goals to achieve to make the game more interesting. Dealing with all the NAPS that are bothersome is quite a project. I did turn off the NPC voting, because I couldn't handle that much randomized chaos in my game, but since I have made it a project to go from neighborhood to neighborhood and altering the NAPS to the ones that bother me the least or sometimes repealing all of them. That can be quite a lengthy process in itself. What I've found is that I'm playing households I've never played before and starting to get into their various hopes and dreams and it's really changed my gameplay.

This isn't completely great because I was having fun before I installed the pack. However, it's been both annoying and fun to deal with the mess and figure out how to get it all back on track. I'm pretty sure the team is probably going to patch this into a more reasonable type of gameplay but it hasn't broken the game at all for me. It has changed it, but with some plusses and minuses.