Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Really hoping for a substantial patch. Haven’t been able to play since Eco Living and post launch patches. Just some news would be welcome.

Comments

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Nothing has been mentioned about the crashing on consoles. As far as I’m concerned. There has been something said about the bug infested pack though.

I have to mention and it’s been bugging me... the loading screen tips aren’t updated on the console. We only have the GTW and base game loading tips but not from other packs? ???
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    The crashing is part of the bugs. Didn’t have a single crash on Xbox before the ep and patches.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Have either of you tried a fresh save? And do you get the same results?

They really need to fix this. It's frustrating. There is so much wrong with this pack.

I was getting the new loading screens like the ok one and more. That's really weird that you're getting just the basic ones.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I’ve tried a new save myself and it doesn’t work. For the first time I opened the gallery and my screen went black. Thought my save corrupted but it was the same crash bug.

I am getting the new “OK” and “I don’t want free earbuds” but that’s about it along with basic and GTW. Just thought I’d point that out.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I completely started from the very beginning deleted all my saves, user data everything, its works good soo far, I am playing with 6 households
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I completely started from the very beginning deleted all my saves, user data everything, its works good soo far, I am playing with 6 households

So you deleted everything but you say your are playing six households. Did you make six new households? I want to keep my legacy family.
    Yes they are new households I had to sort out but you could upload your families too the gallery or save in your library then take them too your new game, dont delete your library folder if that is what you do, hope this helps, try too keep your families in 40x30 lot or lower, keep 64×64 with less expansions used as possible, hope this helps @Yamsisims
    I don't play on pc. I'm on Xbox so I don't have a library folder.
    edited June 2020
    I'm on ps4 we have, I'm not sure for xbox, in ps4 theres application data files, inside the sims 4 file theres a auto save, your saves, user data and library, I deleted them all apart from my library folder as they were lots I wanted too keep @Yamsisims
    Microsoft has those locked. They are not user accessible.
  • Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    It's really annoying how whenever a pack is first released you can hardly play it bc of how many bugs there are. I'm not buying the pack until they fix them
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    OK, my little company only has 3 employees, BUT, if any of them gave me work as bad as this, they would be on the unemployment lines fast.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Since EA releases patches that fix crashing households, that means the problems with a lot of my households refusing to load is because of a past patch that stopped them from loading. It isn't a problem with my saved game or anything. They broke my game.

They can fix it.
    2quwd7.gif

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Have we even received any form of a patch (hotfix or otherwise) since the EL pack?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The consoles need an update to make the game more stable. It's lagging terribly.
    The consoles need an update to make the game more stable. It's lagging terribly.
    _natalie wrote: »
    Have we even received any form of a patch (hotfix or otherwise) since the EL pack?

I agree. The patches they have done post Eco Living have been a joke. One of them fixed a sweater pattern and a few other things! We need a substantial, bug squashing patch!
  • davewhitdavewhit Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi guys have they fixed the fireman patch as i cant get firemen
    Seeing on Answer HQ that emptying your household inventory (especially gnomes) seems to be helping with the lag when sims use the computer. This is still just a workaround until they fix it with a patch.
    IF they fix it. I am sick to death of the lack of households I can play now because quite a few crash every time when trying to load them.
    2quwd7.gif

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    There has been one update, on the 10th of June, since Eco Lifestyle's release...

- Fixed a crash that occurred when loading some households.
    - Fixed Error Code 134:368f1773:b4bcf72 preventing some saves from loading.
    - Fixed Error Code 109:e56fc6bb:dc1a1b58 preventing some households from loading for Simmers who do not have Get Famous installed.
    - Changed one of the patterns of a women’s sweater in Eco Lifestyle (yfTop_EP09SweaterCropPrint_Brand).
    - Edited the description of the Footloose Beverage Bodega in all languages.
    - Restored the missing texture of wall hanging decoration Roman Temple Architectural Study.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I tried the inventory thing and replaced my Sim's computer. They were using the one that their dad got from being the Oracle. It seems a bit more stable now.
    Spoke too soon. When they used the computer. Got the same lag.
    edited June 2020
    _natalie wrote: »
    There has been one update, on the 10th of June, since Eco Lifestyle's release...

- Fixed a crash that occurred when loading some households.
    - Fixed Error Code 134:368f1773:b4bcf72 preventing some saves from loading.
    - Fixed Error Code 109:e56fc6bb:dc1a1b58 preventing some households from loading for Simmers who do not have Get Famous installed.
    - Changed one of the patterns of a women’s sweater in Eco Lifestyle (yfTop_EP09SweaterCropPrint_Brand).
    - Edited the description of the Footloose Beverage Bodega in all languages.
    - Restored the missing texture of wall hanging decoration Roman Temple Architectural Study.

What households were fixed?

Also, have they fixed the Front-desk issue where placing it in a home only allows to buy fireworks?
    2quwd7.gif

I wish we could at least get an ETA on a patch. I had such a good story line going with my Sims. I know the SimGurus or developers don't look at this, but I wish someone would say something.
    I hope it is soon. The number of my playable households is diminishing per day and I hate it.

Why should we spend any more money on this game and its packs when it has all of these issues. I think it should be all packs will be made free until these problems are fixed.
    2quwd7.gif