Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    @Plankton027

One time I was watching a game changer video, and they were going through new CC they had gotten and it was an IKEA themed kitchen set pack. And one thing I remember the most from the video was them showing how the CC counters and shelves were designed in such a way that they could fit basically any size appropriate object on them. They even pulled out an official in-game shelf and compared the two realities. The in-game shelves couldn’t fit as many objects on them. It made me really confused as to why/how modders and CC creators could achieve this but EAxis can’t/won’t. It is really disappointing.
  • Options
    Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    @NationalPokedex

The issue really is time limitations, think how long it takes to create a game from scratch. You will only have a limited number of people to work on the project and every day the project runs it costs money. Developers have to stick to a pretty tight schedule to keep the whole project cost efficient and that means that they just do not have the time to tweak everything to everybodys liking.
    Remember if this Game doesnt make money the next game will never happen.

Where Modders benefit is that they are for the most part very talented and are able to concentrate on one issue at a time which allows for huge improvements over the original versions in a lot of cases, they have no time pressures or costs affecting them and can scrap the entire thing if they are not happy with how its proceeding. All that allows for a very high standard of mods to shine through in the community.
    What I do believe is that Maxis/EA are fully aware of the issues and will do their best to address them in any future game, the problem is that different issues will undoubtedly appear and the cycle will start over.
    One thing I will say is that from what I can see (I am very very new to the Sims and the Forums) is that the support that is available by the Tech staff seems to be vastly superior to a huge number of other titles that are on the market, I have seen more updates and posts here then anywhere else and that really should be commended and for me is a huge plus for the game.
  • Options
    CakesonCakeson Posts: 10 New Member
    oh my god nobody cares that YOU don't want sims 5. sims 4 base game was already stillborn and cannot be fixed with those half-baked dlcs. we already have all classic addons and nothing have changed. there are so many ways sims 4 could become a really good game even with its restrictions - just look at the sims 2: no open world, no color wheel, no story progression but still playable and interesting. now sims 4: no open world, no color wheel, no story progression, no intersting npc and townies, no good dlcs (i love vampires though), no neighborhood customization, no personalities, no hardcore - it's BAD. even with it's strong points like cas and build mode it isn't even a life simulator, it's a "build houses and create characters" game.
    sims 4 FAILED. not in sales but like a decent game. and maybe we need the sims 5 to fail. so another game company that is passionate about game development and respects and loves players will take the crown. and ea? it can keep creating fifas and sell lootboxes - the only things this company does okay.
    so that's you who doesn't want a new base game. stop saying "we". personally i can't wait when i will forget the sims 4 like a nightmare. and play 1)the sims 5 if it's good 2)paralives 3) new game from paradox that is rumored to be a life simulator
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy I love the Sims 3. I absolutely understand your passion for the game. But. Every time someone indicates they're not enamored with the Sims 3 you automatically assume they don't play correctly or they're not familiar with all the Sims 3 has to offer. Is it really that difficult to accept and admit that some simmers genuinely don't like it?

When they say things like The Sims 3 is mundane - it's objectively not true. How can The Sims 3 be mundane when it has so much gameplay? Much more than any of the other iterations even? That just tells me that they don't even know what features it has or is willingly ignorant of them, but they'll post like it's the game's fault and not their lack of knowledge or creativity with the game. So no, I don't accept or admit that simmers genuinely don't like it based on it being "mundane".

I can be pretty creative with The Sims 4 myself, but objectively, it is truly a mundane game in comparison to The Sims 3 or The Sims 2 - or even The Sims 1 come to think of it. All the iterations give the ability to create sims, dress them up and build lots. Where TS4 is the only one to fail among them is that it lacks so much working gameplay. I mean, even in The Sims 1, all of its gameplay features work. I can create a restaurant or a store easily and it just works like it's suppose to! So many gameplay features in The Sims 4 are broken, but I would have loved if they actually worked.

I waited years for TS4 to redeem itself and was willing to buy its packs if the gameplay became more functional - this is why I would post suggestions and participate in polls, but it just got worse with every DLC release adding more bugs and major features not working.

So I really, I have absolutely no hope in this iteration. The Sims 4 is the truly mundane game, NOT The Sims 3. I'm looking to The Sims 5. I have hopes for it sure, but I'm very cautious now with anything EAxis puts out.

• Options
    @ClarionJoy You make me want to revisit TS3 with all of your posts, as it was always cumbersome to play on my old laptop before TS4 came out. Laggy, slow, and since I don't use mods I never really found a way to make it playable. I tried downloading it the other day, and Origin gave me trouble but I'm going to try again. I have a lot of the packs and feel like I never got a chance to fully explore them.

ETA: I'm pretty sure I can't install TS3 because my OS is Catalina. Same with SimCity. AS TS2 can only be run on Windows, I basically can only play TS4.

I heard that they're remaking TS3 for Mac in 64-bit. If that's true then I will be so envious! Why won't they remake a 64-bit version for Windows????

Anyway, you can always get help in TS3 section of this forum. There are times when I play it without mods. Usually when I start exploring a new world, I will play it unmodded, first with just the basegame but then with all the EPs and SPs loaded after. And honestly, I really like it without mods too because you can see how the devs were thinking as you play it the way they had originally coded it.

I think some people get overwhelmed because the game has so many options, but take your time exploring the basegame and each pack to get to know what features each of them have. As you get to know the basegame features and packs, also think about how your can use those features in the stories, scenarios and challenges you want to play out. Also explore the mods too and how they can change the game to fit those creative thoughts.

Then there's all the great stuff at The Sims 3 Store, expanding more possibilities for stories, scenarios and challenges - and then there's all the fan made worlds and great CC. I don't go crazy downloading CC though and I caution people not to just download anything from the Exchange. There's a lot of good creators who upload there though so only download works by trusted creators. I also love CC creators like Sandy from Around the Sims 3. She also makes stuff for The Sims 4 - both are of high quality!

The key thing is to not rush through it so you can get to know all that The Sims 3 has to offer - that would just overwhelm you as there are so many features in it. The fun is in taking your time enjoying what you've already discovered about it and then exploring more of what the game has to offer when you've played those features out already. There are people here that have played it for 11 years and are still discovering or trying out things in the game they haven't played yet!

• Options
    Beautiful work! There is no way that could be done in 4, none. Those lots are not only incredibly well done but incredibly inviting. What sim couuld resist going to either of them?

Thanks so much!

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I have to agree with Clarion. I LOVED playing S1 and S2,and I would like to at least get a chance to experience TS3. My laptop has 8GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive,and I have both Minecraft versions(bedrock and java)installed,so I know my laptop is capable of handling open worlds.A LOT of games have more gameplay than TS4-Angry Birds....the mini-games on Neopets and Marapets...even Mouse Hunt on Facebook is more enjoyable that TS4.

Hopefully,TS5 will be a combination of TS1-3. TS4 is just a huge mess with a weak game engine that is already breaking.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i love all sims game including the sims4 but i also agree 2000% with @ClarionOfJoy as i fine sims4 lacks important content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    macbby101macbby101 Posts: 4 New Member
    I totally agree! We definitely do not need a Sims 5. There are so many things that Sims 4 has to imporove - things that the community has wanted to see for so long, it'd be such a shame to just make a whole new game altogether, and spend all your money on the expansions again, for absolutely no reason. The Sims 4 is bare based on the Sims 3 and 2. Until the the Sims 4 team actually listens to its players, there shouldn't be another project in the making, it just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    macbby101macbby101 Posts: 4 New Member
    Even though at the same time, I also agree with some people that say that the Sims 4 has run its course - and to be honest, sometimes I feel like it's just gone so far off the rails it'd just be better to make another game altogether. But hopefully in the next game the Sims team actually LISTENS to what the players want, rather than doing things for a quick money grab :(
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Instead of improving The Sims 4 why not just move on and start The Sims 5 era?

Something a lot of people don't understand is no matter how many packs you buy for The Sims 4 it will never reach any new heights because of the way it is built. It's 2020, it is time for an upgraded, modern version of The Sims.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Instead of improving The Sims 4 why not just move on and start The Sims 5 era?

Something a lot of people don't understand is no matter how many packs you buy for The Sims 4 it will never reach any new heights because of the way it is built. It's 2020, it is time for an upgraded, modern version of The Sims.

Say it louder for the people in the back!!!

THIS! It is time for an upgraded new game.
  • Options
    AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    At this point, I don't think the Sims 4 can hold too much more unless they do a major overhaul of the whole game. I just think it will come screeching to a halt. The simulation already lags so much as is.

I'd prefer they fix the game, but if it requires Sims 5, then so be it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Apryla wrote: »
    At this point, I don't think the Sims 4 can hold too much more unless they do a major overhaul of the whole game. I just think it will come screeching to a halt. The simulation already lags so much as is.

I'd prefer they fix the game, but if it requires Sims 5, then so be it.

Thhhiisss too!
  • Options
    Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    From what I can see Sims 4 was written as a 32bit game, that means that the whole game was designed to run on less then 4gb memory.
    What then happened i think is that EA/Maxis adapted the code of the game to run 64bit therefore removing the memory limit of 4gb.
    As with quite a few games that would have been released around the same time the adapted 64bit game would have been a work around in an attempt to add stability and increase slightly the capacity within the game.
    If I am correct it would still mean that the whole game is still effectively written for 32bit computers and as such will be limited as computer hardware has advanced a lot since Sims4 was released.
    To properly update to full 64bit gameplay (which would be very good) EA/Maxis would have to start writing the core code of the game from scratch, question is do they do a lot of very in depth and time consuming work trying to update fully Sims4 or do they put all this time and effort into Sims5.
    I think it would be absolute madness to concentrate on Sims4 when a new game could have much improved gameplay and graphics and could be written to take advantage of todays more modern hardware.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Ea is better off putting all their time and effort into making Sims 5. Sims 4 has run its course and could be ending really soon,and who knows? EA could of been working on Sims 5 since 2015.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Keeping on with TS4 is like beating a dead horse to make it move. Problem is, the horse beaters are the same folks who would be working on TS5. That does not bode well for 5 being any better than 4. Better/fancier graphics, maybe, but the same dead horse at its core.
  • Options
    Keeping on with TS4 is like beating a dead horse to make it move. Problem is, the horse beaters are the same folks who would be working on TS5. That does not bode well for 5 being any better than 4. Better/fancier graphics, maybe, but the same dead horse at its core.

*Shrug* I know some of them came from TS3 so I actually still have hope that TS5 might be great.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Looks like they are going on with Sims 4 for the conceivable future if they are still contracting jobs out for 6 months. The "historical" bit in the requirements looks interesting though. Job posted in May amongst 8 Redwood Maxis ones. One for an unannounced project too which could be a Sims one!

https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&opportunityID=161144
  • Options
    yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    I definitely agree. It's way too soon for The Sims 5 to come out, especially with all the potential improvements they're considering for The Sims 4 from the more recent surveys. It will likely be with us for a few more years yet, especially with the surge of attention and newer players it has gained in the last year. That's not normal in the lifespan of a game - there's the initial rush of attention, then it peters off, then there's an expansion and maybe a few more join but the more time goes on, the less likely it's going to grab much attention. The Sims 4 has

I've been playing The Sims for 18 years and I'm not keen on buying another iteration of Seasons, Pets and University for the third or fourth time just yet. I'd rather we get to explore some other facets of life simulation before we jump over to a new one. Or even some other basic stuff, like slow dancing, freed babies, werewolves, burglars, etc etc.

Build mode and Create A Sim are great in The Sims 4 - but for me, the problems mainly come down to the sims themselves. As an example, sims don't remember anything so relationships don't really matter as much. But they could either add a memory system or more advanced relationships, like what we've seen with the Parenthood pack. A version of the chemistry system from Sims 2 would be great, but that came from Nightlife. We sort of already have a favourite's system from Seasons (weather preferences) and Movie Hangout (favourite movie) but favourite music genre, food and others could be implemented.

I want a huge base game update with a memory system. Relationships don't matter. I'm lucky if they remember their siblings. Marriage and divorce should go a bit deeper than "here today, gone tomorrow".
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Long time player here, but for the first time, since Magic was released I have found I haven't even played Sims 4. That was the last installment for the game that I actually enjoyed and played a LOT. It feels bizarre to me, even though I have bought every pack except for the last eco one, I just haven't the inclination, first time in 20 years :( Has Sims 5 even been announced? I saw a few youtubes and saw all these Sims 5 sneak previews and though I'd better check-in to see if they are real or fakes. I don't know what it is lately, but Sims 4 has nothing to draw me in at the moment. I guess I'm taking a break?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Disagree - please make Sims 5!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You seem to be assuming that just because it would be 5 then it would be better than the current fiasco. Unless there is a major change in development team composition and controlling management perspective 5 will be 4 with a new engine.
  • Options
    You seem to be assuming that just because it would be 5 then it would be better than the current fiasco. Unless there is a major change in development team composition and controlling management perspective 5 will be 4 with a new engine.

If the game is made with the Unreal Engine, then TS5 has a fighting chance to be better than TS4 even if it's made up of previous TS4 devs. I mean, that's how bad the TS4 game engine is - even the best of the devs can't work with that mess.

• Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I feel that we do need a Sims 5 as there are too many things in TS4 that would need improving on to make it the game that is as entertaining to play as TS2 and TS3 was and I'm not sure that I can realistically see that happening. I'm not 100% convinced that TS5 will be quite as good as some of the earlier games but if it is released, I'd still buy it an the hope that it is somewhat of an improvement on TS4.